ModelAZ

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Lidar sensor spotted on Cybertruck prototype Screenshot-2023-02-17-at-11.56.06-AM

https://electrek.co/2023/02/17/tesla-semi-cybertruck-prototypes-spotted-lidar-sensor/

"CEO Elon Musk has often said that lidar technology has been overblown and has described it as a distraction to achieving full self-driving capability.

But Tesla still uses lidar for its Autopilot and self-driving effort, but it’s not in its sensor suite on its actual vehicles. Instead, Tesla uses lidar sensors on prototypes for the process of ground truthing its own sensors."

Original source tweet:

Sponsored

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
I'd go with the Tesla comment in that article:
"We regularly test our own technologies against other sensors to calibrate our camera, sonar and radar system."

JCERRN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Country flag
Why are all these old pics/ videos popping up again like tge are new? Are there just that many recent ct fans that they haven't seen them yet?

Gvardaman

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW 330ci, VW Corrado (non-op)
Occupation
Country flag
I would think that with the recent spate of new pics, more people have been drawn in (or back in) to the CT discussion and are discovering the existing images. This pic looks good since it has the wiper arm, so folks unaware of the newer mirrors may believe it to be new.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
This makes me curious if the final wheel has been chosen and will be a secret until we see it or it is one of the ones we have seen.

CybertruckAgent

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
Screenshot-2023-02-17-at-11.56.06-AM.jpg

https://electrek.co/2023/02/17/tesla-semi-cybertruck-prototypes-spotted-lidar-sensor/

"CEO Elon Musk has often said that lidar technology has been overblown and has described it as a distraction to achieving full self-driving capability.

But Tesla still uses lidar for its Autopilot and self-driving effort, but it’s not in its sensor suite on its actual vehicles. Instead, Tesla uses lidar sensors on prototypes for the process of ground truthing its own sensors."

Original source tweet:

Also note the Delorean inspired wheels which is more exciting to me!

Tesla Cybertruck Lidar sensor spotted on Cybertruck prototype DAF56057-3B55-4069-8ECF-A3031FF9C1F9

Tesla Cybertruck Lidar sensor spotted on Cybertruck prototype 6FD7A05D-6C5E-4B0E-B190-D5B1181DE158

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Since the initial need of radar, AI object recognition and computer power has developed beyond radars usefulness for FSD.
This argument will hold more weight as time goes on.

We cannot drive if we cannot see.
If conditions are bad enough, FSD will not function anyway if the cameras can't see. Even with Ladar Lidar or any other Dar. lol

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Since the initial need of radar, AI object recognition and computer power has developed beyond radars usefulness for FSD.
This argument will hold more weight as time goes on.

We cannot drive if we cannot see.
If conditions are bad enough, FSD will not function anyway if the cameras can't see. Even with Ladar Lidar or any other Dar. lol
That's it!
We're going to The Dar Side.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Why are all these old pics/ videos popping up again like tge are new? Are there just that many recent ct fans that they haven't seen them yet?
Well… since I accidentally dug one up not long ago, sometimes you just get excited.

Though in my defense, I’m just an ogre. I don’t get paid to do this. I do think journalists should do a tiny bit of research to see if it’s older. Just a tiny bit??

Raebrek

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Highlander, 2016 Subaru Outback
Country flag
I did a search last night for cyber truck in the past day. I found the picture posted on two sites and still I did not think it was new although I hadn’t seen it.

What gets my dander up is when an old YouTube video gets reposted that is x number of months old and everyone on the channel treats it like it is new. I guess that is one way to find out a channel has no real followers or followers with no real memory.
Sponsored