Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I literally has on the order page (lower right corner) from the launch that "Tri-Motor AWD production is expected to begin in late 2022" a year after the other models in "late 2021." So yes, originally it was supposed to be dual and single motor first followed by tri motor a year later.

screen-shot-2019-11-21-at-9-49-13-pm.png.jpeg
That was true for about a week
Sponsored

mfg310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi eTron, Chevy Bolt EUV
Country flag
I literally has on the order page (lower right corner) from the launch that "Tri-Motor AWD production is expected to begin in late 2022" a year after the other models in "late 2021." So yes, originally it was supposed to be dual and single motor first followed by tri motor a year later.

Yeah, that blows.....had I known tri-motors were coming first I would have ordered one instead of a dual. I have low res number (59XX)......any chance I'll be contacted with an offer to upgrade to a tri-motor, or am I now screwed?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
That was true for about a week
‘This is exactly how I remember too, dual and single were originally going to be the launch pair, then when there were few single motor orders they switched.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Yeah, that blows.....had I known tri-motors were coming first I would have ordered one instead of a dual. I have low res number (59XX)......any chance I'll be contacted with an offer to upgrade to a tri-motor, or am I now screwed?
No one is locked into config as far as i know. actual configurator will open when time is closer

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 P
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag

Remember this was before the plaid powertrain had been finalised. Will be different now.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
what I find funny is people bemoaning the 19.3% gross margin as some catastrophe, where any vehicle manufacturer would kill for that result and be paraded around like gods.
Still stuck in FUD city

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag

Yes. Originally, that's what the order page said.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
2nd quarter is going to kill last years 280,000 .. people forget Shanghai closure.

The FUD is amazing... 'Tesla has no demand' - what happened to that Narrative we heard all though the 4th quarter?

It changed to 'Tesla' has started a price war. They knew profit margins would be lower, so they milked it. Brilliant. The time will come.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
what I find funny is people bemoaning the 19.3% gross margin as some catastrophe, where any vehicle manufacturer would kill for that result and be paraded around like gods.
‘Tesla stock is going to until we get a few clear and obvious winds under our belt, this quarter was passable, 1st quarter was enough to get us out of the totally oversold place it was.

I think Cybertruck will do it. Maybe sooner.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The point was for Tesla to know what people would select as a price and what AWD/range they wanted.

When your number comes up, they'll call you, regardless of what model you selected.

-Crissa

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I wonder if the Austin extension is necessary for the CT ramp

Jstoltz54

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX450h, Model S
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My early number was 10k I’m sticking with it.

I think by the time the launch event happens there will be around 300 trucks per week and they build up a bit of inventory before first customer deliveries. That’s what they did with the Y.
I suspect they also have some VIP reservations like Jay Leno that will be serviced early. I wonder how many like that?
Sponsored