cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I suspect they also have some VIP reservations like Jay Leno that will be serviced early. I wonder how many like that?
With Elon paying out of pocket to give celebrities blue checks on twitter, real question is how many CTs will he dole out to such influencers :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

JCERRN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Country flag
Show the finished vehicle and put the options and prices online. It's the final reveal with probably a few vehicles going to close associates of Tesla.

There will be a lot of talk about future inexpensive CT.

With the Model X Musk tried to pass of a few delivered vehicles as finished. But Tesla doesn't need to do that sort of nonsense today.
What I dont understand is how can they have a delivery event (an event for some owners to take delivery of their vehicles) if they havent announced pricing/specs? how can someone take delivery of a vehicle they havent paid for or don't know the price of? Unless they are basically just adhering to original pricing and specs?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
What I dont understand is how can they have a delivery event (an event for some owners to take delivery of their vehicles) if they havent announced pricing/specs? how can someone take delivery of a vehicle they havent paid for or don't know the price of? Unless they are basically just adhering to original pricing and specs?
people taking delivery have insider information

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
people taking delivery have insider information
Employees will know the price and will get a discount.

Celebrities will be able and willing to pay whatever the price is.

Influencers are in the same boat as celebrities for the Cybertruck.

Only people who are living a normal life outside of Tesla would be unable to get one on reveal night and they wouldn't be selected anyways.

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
Yeah, that blows.....had I known tri-motors were coming first I would have ordered one instead of a dual. I have low res number (59XX)......any chance I'll be contacted with an offer to upgrade to a tri-motor, or am I now screwed?
I am in the same boat. I reserved a dual motor, but am now interested in tri (or quad) motor CT configuration. I am assuming that once the config tool is released then we can upgrade if we so desire.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Well, by that time we'll know the range and EPA numbers, The trucks will be seen in the hands of beta testers doing normal things with manufacturers's plates - I saw a Y at my local theater six months ahead, and an S at the pizza joint - so we'll have a bunch of specs and pictures by that point.

Some lucky few dozen will be called, and then a few hundred more invited, to see those few dozen handed keys, and everyone else will be handed the specs. Some employees will already have their vehicles by then, so it's partially perfunctory. There will be a party, rides will be given, and then the configurator will open to some subset of reservation holders. And the truck will then be considered delivering.

-Crissa

Last edited:

FarAway

First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pontiac Torrent, TVR, F-250 Super Duty
Country flag
Depending on production rates, I am figuring hoping by late 2024 for my vehicle.

Personally, I would like to take delivery in Austin and then take a week to drive it back to Virginia.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Employees will know the price and will get a discount.

Celebrities will be able and willing to pay whatever the price is.

Influencers are in the same boat as celebrities for the Cybertruck.

Only people who are living a normal life outside of Tesla would be unable to get one on reveal night and they wouldn't be selected anyways.
As far as I’m aware, Tesla does not do influencer comps, special deals, or special treatment aside from perhaps test rides or demo days.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I suspect they also have some VIP reservations like Jay Leno that will be serviced early. I wonder how many like that?
I would expect car enthusiasts like Jay Leno would have put his preorder in on reveal day just like everyone else. Just like Munro and Associates did. If Tesla did anything special for people like this, it was giving them a heads up. "Hey, were doing this thing on 21NOV2019, you might be interested in."

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Just like Munro and Associates did.
may be true, but Monro seems a poor example - Tesla not exactly jumping to provide vehicles to a company that helps other manufacturers copy Tesla’s designs

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
may be true, but Monro seems a poor example - Tesla not exactly jumping to provide vehicles to a company that helps other manufacturers copy Tesla’s designs
Eh, I don't think they care. Tesla (Elon) seems to have a good working relationship with Munro and Associates. He gave them an interview and tweeted that they were absolutely correct about the problems with the Model 3.

AND were invited to and given tours at the Gigafactory event.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Eh, I don't think they care. Tesla (Elon) seems to have a good working relationship with Munro and Associates. He gave them an interview and tweeted that they were absolutely correct about the problems with the Model 3.

AND were invited to and given tours at the Gigafactory event.
Yup, Sandy & Cory of Munro and Associates just recently were members of a group tour of Berlin Gigafactory.

-----------

2021 October 15
Tesla Giga-Berlin Review with Sandy & Cory
https://leandesign.com/2021/10/15/tesla-giga-berlin-review-with-sandy-cory/

-----------

2023April - Sandy & Cory of Munro and Associates Tour Tesla Giga-Berlin

How Tesla is Leading the Affordable EV Revolution with Cory Steuben of Munro Live
Farzad Mesbahi
Apr 24, 2023

-----

-----------

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I would expect car enthusiasts like Jay Leno would have put his preorder in on reveal day just like everyone else. Just like Munro and Associates did. If Tesla did anything special for people like this, it was giving them a heads up. "Hey, were doing this thing on 21NOV2019, you might be interested in."
Jay Leno has people do that stuff for him. At least I would if I had a fraction of his money.

Now Jay Leno might be at the launch event hanging out with Musk, but that’s different.
Sponsored