John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, GTS1000,FJR1300, Aprillia Scarabeo,
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
If you own Tesla stock and also have a deposit on a CT…..you may just benefit more from the CT price increase increasing the stock value than any increased cost of the CT…😊
Sponsored

repoman

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Performance S, Plaid X, Cybertruck # less then 100
Occupation
Software
Country flag
...And yet he specifically avoided saying that. We know prices are different. We know demand outstrips supply.

But he specifically did not give up on any models, and was intentionally vague.

Don't add specifics where there were none.

-Crissa
It looks pretty specific to me. The price "will be different" . Time to wake up.

Tesla Cybertruck Musk: "Cybertruck pricing and specs will be different, but it will be a damn fine product." Screenshot 2022-08-05 150948

repoman

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Performance S, Plaid X, Cybertruck # less then 100
Occupation
Software
Country flag
The CEO of Tesla said the prices will be higher. ( He said different. But he implied higher)
yet you ignore that and state " No price increases"

To think a vehicle with huge demand that comes to market 4 years after announced and after at least 2 years of close to double digit inflation seems to me wishful thinking
she has no idea what she is talking about, again. lol There will be a price increase, hope it not to big.

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
A dual motor cyber truck cannot be the same price as a model y long range which is selling like hot cakes at 65k...most likely more tbh.
In mid 1979, a $7000 VW Rabbit Diesel would sell for $5K over MSLP. Do you think that inflated price held up once the supply caught up with demand?

People are very good at extracting their opinions from their waste portals.

`AquaWatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 RAM 1500,Tesla Model Y , !971SS Camaro,
Country flag
I hope we are getting interest on these $100 loans Tesla received from us. It is a great scam, for Elon. We gave him a over a million and a half interest free, $100 deposits. It is over 150,000,000 dollars he has collected from us, with nothing to offer, except that the cost of the truck is going way up, and still no clear sign of their production. He took advantage of us, and keeps kicking the can down the road. It's kinda criminal.
Not criminal. Smart

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Can you extrapolate on that? I paid the the same price for my R1T as what I reserved it for. Sure, they tried to raise the price on pre-order holders, but they changed their tune pretty quickly after so many pre-orderers bailed on them.
So you’re saying Tesla shouldn’t do that?
They quoted a price, then raised the price, then lowered the price, Managing by the seat of their pants.

Tesla doesn't manage that way,,, hence we are not Rivian.

And Tesla doesn't make mock video's of a CT pulling a semi out of a gutter.

atebit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 M3 LR, 2019 Tundra
Country flag
They quoted a price, then raised the price, then lowered the price, Managing by the seat of their pants.
Well, I guess if you’re happy with just the first two events in that scenario…

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilatus PC-12, 2016 Bolt, 2024 Forester
Occupation
Temporarily unRetired
Country flag
You do realize that most people finance vehicles to "afford" it at a certain monthly price. Most people do not buy outright. Your suggestion implies everyone can buy outright.. hence has the 40, 60, 80k lying around in wait for a dip in the market to dump it all into 1 stock. Not a realistic opinion of how to cover price increases.

But I agree in that when the price dips, dump what you can into the stock. For most, that is shockingly lower than the full cost of the vehicle suggested price at reveal.
[/QU
Yes many people buy vehicles they can't afford. But serious
You do realize that most people finance vehicles to "afford" it at a certain monthly price. Most people do not buy outright. Your suggestion implies everyone can buy outright.. hence has the 40, 60, 80k lying around in wait for a dip in the market to dump it all into 1 stock. Not a realistic opinion of how to cover price increases.

But I agree in that when the price dips, dump what you can into the stock. For most, that is shockingly lower than the full cost of the vehicle suggested price at reveal.
If you're out of your 20's and still needing to finance your next vehicle you're spending more than you should if you ever want to get ahead in life. But yes many undisciplined people feel making it in life is financing the pickup of their dreams. Some of us have bigger goals in life and sacrificed to get there.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
If you're out of your 20's and still needing to finance your next vehicle you're spending more than you should if you ever want to get ahead in life. But yes many undisciplined people feel making it in life is financing the pickup of their dreams. Some of us have bigger goals in life and sacrificed to get there.
That is assuming the people you are referencing, finance everything in their lives and over extend themselves. Its a bad assumption. Yes there are a lot in our society who overextend.. but there are many who don't.

Many people finance vehicles within their means/budget, so that they spread their larger costs out over time (accepting that they will pay slightly more over the length of that time in exchange for a monthly payment that is well within their means), thus allowing them to pay all their cost of living and save for other "bigger goals" in life. It is no different than getting a mortgage on a house for a house that is within your means. Not many people drop down hard cash for a house.

I've come to understand that the people who are drawn to purchasing the Cybertruck and Teslas really are upper middle class individuals or older individuals who grew up and were able to make a living/save and get ahead in a completely different economy. It appears the user base on here is consists half of the typical Tesla customer base.. people who have excess cash and are willing to throw down 60-120k at the drop of a hat, and the rest of us who have grown up and made their way in an economy that is much tighter than 30-40 years ago for the average employee.

The condescension in your post reeks.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I am more worried about EM wanting to extract out the most profit whilst maintaining a demand, than I am about inflation.

Last edited:

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I hope we are getting interest on these $100 loans Tesla received from us. It is a great scam, for Elon. We gave him a over a million and a half interest free, $100 deposits. It is over 150,000,000 dollars he has collected from us, with nothing to offer, except that the cost of the truck is going way up, and still no clear sign of their production. He took advantage of us, and keeps kicking the can down the road. It's kinda criminal.
$100 @ 10% compounded interest for 4 years is < $150. People are nuts to think this is cause for Tesla to hold prices. The spec will change and the unanticipated pandemic inflation will get priced in. It won’t be that bad. Tesla wants to sell a shit load of trucks. Not just a few $120k Plaids. The CT will be the 2023 truck of the year.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.