Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It is true that we need to bear some inflation, it's not only been running hot, but also it has been also 3 years since reveal.

Nevertheless, fuel will come down.. food and house prices will likely flatten and we have already seen commodity prices falling.
Which of these, over 18 months, can cause a 20 or 30% increase ?

We should also take into account the CT wasn't being delivered in 2019, it was announced for a near future date. I doubt Tesla would have slugged us 10% a year later.. they would have allowed for some inflation already.

We are Tesla, not Rivian. !!!!

Instead of throwing up crazy increases, objectively, what percentage of the car is adversely effected by inflation. ?

We own the land
we own the building
we own the equipment
hardly any interest on loans
commodity prices are what they were a year or 2 ago

wages gone up 20% ?
SS up 20%
No , and if the answer is Yes, what percentage of the car do they make up ?

SO my point is, instead of shooting from the hip, objectively try and quantify a claim , doesn't have to be 100% accurate, 70% will do.
Big increases just aren't there.
Sponsored

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Raptor, 20XX Tesla Cybertruck
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
I am emailing Jimmy Carter if he can subsidize my Cybertruck purchase...Or I will need to tap into my Gold Fund

OP
OP
Alpine

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I agree with the notion that we shouldn't cheerlead for price hikes. Maybe tesla reads the forums and considers us a study group ;)

I understand there are glass half full/ half empty types.

I choose the glass half full view and won't criticize if you feel the opposite.

At the end of the day, it's possible not even Tesla knows or has locked down a price sheet. The end goal is to purchase a Cybertruck when our # is called and i hope you all will be able to do that.

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilatus PC-12, 2016 Bolt, 2024 Forester
Occupation
Temporarily unRetired
Country flag
No, the prices have to hold.

All this doom and boom talking about increased prices is just ensuring that there are.

We shouldn't accept this doomsaying prepping for price increases.

No price increase.

-Crissa
No surprise Elon Musk disagrees with you. It's been obvious for a long time that Tesla couldn't sell the Cybertruck at the non guaranteed prices of the preorder. They weren't going to lose money by selling it below cost and what the market will support. It might take until the end of the decade to fill all current preorders. If you and some others drop out maybe they fill all orders by 2028. No big loss to Tesla as new orders will quickly replace those who drop out. The Cybertruck should allow Tesla U.S. Division to report its first anuall profits. Tesla can't continue to allow China to be solely responsible for annual profits. Unfortunately Tesla isn't in the affordable EV market yet. Maybe move to the Aptera site as motorcycles are cheaper than Trucks.

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilatus PC-12, 2016 Bolt, 2024 Forester
Occupation
Temporarily unRetired
Country flag
If we are all honest with ourselves and look at the new world around us...if we really want this new incredible vehicle we are going to need to make sacrifices and try to understand the macro economics of what's happening in the world. Everything costs more... literally everything. So our beloved truck will too. Expect 25% increase and you'll be ok...if it's beyond your reach for now it will be some day within reach. Does it suck yes!! We all do not have a choice...deal with the cards we are dealt. 🥲
Of course we have choice. The choice is not to buy the Cybertruck. It's not the end of the world for anyone if they can't afford their desired vehicle. Go spend a month in South Sudan to get some perspective about life and quit whining.. And serious if you didn't have the funds for the price increase that was 100% coming why didn't you dump the original cost into TSLA shares when it was at or below $700 recently. Now you could sell at about a 40% gain. Easy and extremely predictable way to cover the price increase. This isn't rocket science.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
I agree with the notion that we shouldn't cheerlead for price hikes. Maybe tesla reads the forums and considers us a study group ;)

I understand there are glass half full/ half empty types.

I choose the glass half full view and won't criticize if you feel the opposite.

At the end of the day, it's possible not even Tesla knows or has locked down a price sheet. The end goal is to purchase a Cybertruck when our # is called and i hope you all will be able to do that.
Agreed, and if they are reading this; I think the product is cool, and I'm in line with all of you, but price points and affordability were a big part of the appeal and my decision to reserve. If the price goes up beyond an explainable threshold, I'll reconsider.

I agree with the opinion that inflation has likely peaked. Some say we are already in a recession, technically speaking, and I see several tell-tale signs around me. I guess we'll see what the next year brings.

Nidavellir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pre-Order CyberTruck
Country flag
Seems like people are forgetting that the EV POS rebate looks to be happening. So get the Cybertruck model that is $80,000 or less and get $7,500 taken off at the point of sale. We did not have that option before so this will help a lot of people.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
No surprise Elon Musk disagrees with you.
...And yet he specifically avoided saying that. We know prices are different. We know demand outstrips supply.

But he specifically did not give up on any models, and was intentionally vague.

Don't add specifics where there were none.

-Crissa

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I am proposing to not make up things which have not been said.

Every time someone floats the idea that a price increase is inevitable, announced, or acceptable, it moves the Overton window.

Just... don't do it.

-Crissa
I didn’t realize our forum posts had so much power!

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Excluding the Pro, the pricing below is with the 300 mile pack. Tesla wants part of this market, Telsa wants the masses to adopt electrification, Tesla needs to maximize profits for the long term effort of 20 million EV per year by 2030. They need to thread the nettle.

Tesla will price the CT2 at 10% less than the Ford XLT. The CT2 will have superior performance with the suspension, 4ws, towing, and payload etc.

CT1 (not available now, no pricing)
CT2 ~ $65K ($57K after tax credit)
CT3 (not available for now, no pricing)
CT4 ~ $100-120K (front of line, hopefully 500 miles of range)

With $7500 tax credit this price increase will still put CT2 in the upper edge of main stream. Tesla will sell all of their 250k anticipate output for the next several years.

Tesla Cybertruck Musk: "Cybertruck pricing and specs will be different, but it will be a damn fine product." 1659706484572

Status
Not open for further replies.