scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Military
Country flag
(I can't believe I've been sucked into this conversation.)

This idea has been repeated with resale prices of several of the (few) existent EV trucks. But how big is that market at that price? We're talking about a bubble exhibited in a limited market. I seriously doubt that there are 1M potential buyers of EV trucks at a price point of >$125k.
Well, Tesla currently sells the entry level version of their premium SUV for that much... And that's an unattractive SUV that basically has 8-year-old styling, so you don't think the top of the line cybertruck with more motors, more power, more hype, and exponentially more demand can't garner the same respect and price point as that inferior entry level model x?
Sponsored

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
apparently you are not updated on the CT production models .......there is no speculation to it......CT1 and CT3 will not be built for now , if ever
Literally no one at Tesla has ever said that. Its all speculation from the likes of this forum and video bloggers based on one statement from Elon Musk that was ambiguous on actual facts related to this belief.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thank you so much.
I'm gonna call my highly placed, Tesla insider friend today and get to the bottom of me not being updated :cry:. Thanks for the highly sourced details on the initial models and I'll try and pay better attention to this forum.
hey, no big deal.......been on this forum for about 2.5 years....I dont even get all the info at times and have to be reminded

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Literally no one at Tesla has ever said that. Its all speculation from the likes of this forum and video bloggers based on one statement from Elon Musk that was ambiguous on actual facts related to this belief.
dont agree with you

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah, I feel a bit out of place in this forum full of proctologists… pulling prices out of their ass.
well just bend over and crack us a big smile......then we see what comes next

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
dont agree with you
So show me your evidence.

Here is my evidence..

I see someone, who does not work at Tesla, claim they heard a rumor that Tesla is considering getting rid of the single motor variant, in favor of a dual, tri and quad motor variant.

I also see Elon Musk himself saying they will start producing the quad motor variant with all the fancy new features they added over the past year and a half. I see no mention of them getting rid of the tri motor as you swear. So.. up until now, your tri-motor reservation is still good.

Everything else you read on here and 99.99% of what you watch on Youtube is conjecture or wishful thinking. Not one person on here speaks officially for Tesla. Until you see Elon Musk himself verbally confirm any of these details, or they show up on the Tesla website, none of it is fact.

shilvock22

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Military
Country flag
People are conflating the occasional lunatic willing to buy a brand new EV flipped for 50-100K more than the flipper just paid for it new on release with actual demand from high volume amount of customers.

Just because something is listed for crazy prices and once in a while a sucker comes along with money burning a hole in their pocket to take the bait, doesn't mean the whole market can support those ridiculously outrageous prices.

I see it all the time with vintage vespas. $1200 bike listed for $10k cause its got a new paint job. Still runs like shit, and they painted over trim instead of pulling the trim off to paint!

Lipstick on a pig does not support the weight of the market.
So do you think they'll charge less for the top of the line CT that's the hottest truck in the world with fresh styling, quad motors, superior range and power to an entry level model X that basically has 8-year-old styling and is the least attractive SUV in the world? I don't see how they charge less for the top of the line CT than an entry level station wag....er, i mean model x

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
So do you think they'll charge less for the top of the line CT that's the hottest truck in the world with fresh styling, quad motors, superior range and power to an entry level model X that basically has 8-year-old styling and is the least attractive SUV in the world? I don't see how they charge less for the top of the line CT than an entry level station wag....er, i mean model x
I have no idea what they will charge for top of the line, but I do not think much of the conjecture on here is remotely accurate, especially for the lower models. We will find out in the next 12 months for sure.

OP
OP
Alpine

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Elon didn't deny the rumor of canceling CT1 in that tweet. To me that says canceling CT1 is possible but not confirmed so he did not address it.

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
I don't know if you actually want him to do that. I think they call that a "Brown Bear". 😂
HEY HEY don't talk about cybergus like tha.. oh wait he's a white bear DISREGARD my b

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
There's no evidence that Tesla uses different castings on the MY for different motor trims. Two motors, one motor, no motor, it's all the same casting. Of course, the CT will have 2 castings (front+rear) so they will need to swap molds (but in batches, not for each truck lol).

I'm skeptical that Tesla will ever, ever deliver a Cybertruck with two HV packs. The 500-mile CT was likely based on the increased capacity of the 4680, and it's not there yet, so I believe the extended-range CT (ECT?) is on a future roadmap.
The 4680 does not increase energy density by volume or space taken. It increases energy density overall by reducing the weight of the vehicle frame when combined with the structural pack. To get that 500 mi range they will either have a thicker pack or it will be double stacked. The wheel base is of the CT is not significantly longer enough than their other models to accommodate the additional kWh with the same thickness of pack. Also, structurally it would seem much easier to make a double stack than to try to shorten or lengthen the pack for added kWh. I will be super curious to see how they get all that battery in there and coil up that tonneau cover while structurally attaching the battery pack.

Tesla Cybertruck Musk: "Cybertruck pricing and specs will be different, but it will be a damn fine product." 1660075528097

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
There's no evidence that Tesla uses different castings on the MY for different motor trims. Two motors, one motor, no motor, it's all the same casting. Of course, the CT will have 2 castings (front+rear) so they will need to swap molds (but in batches, not for each truck lol).
Elon said the need for the 9k casting was the bed, so it probably that the front casting uses the same 6k casts as the other vehicles.

My guess is that they're thinking of the quad-motor uses the same front and rear.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.