Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Ops
Country flag
Did I hear lightning is up $8500 ?

We do know Jim Farley said inflation had eroded profits.

SO !!!

Is it drawing a long bow to put 2 and 2 together and say a $8500 increase has reset the price point for Ford ?

Fords action should be an indicator.
Ford announced; in 2023 lightning prices increase 17.5%. Thats an increase of $7000 to just under $47,000 for the base model truck. They also said it would have a longer range from 230 miles per charge to 240. They also said CURRENT order holders would NOT be affected by the price increase.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/f...uck-will-cost-11660065154?siteid=msnheadlines
I’m certain this will generate discussions at several executive offices.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I knew all the tesla fanboys would latch on the the unattractive comment despite the other 4 attributes I listed that make the cybertruck superior. If you think that the top the line quad motor cybertruck will arrive at a price less than the entry level model x then we'll just have to agree to disagree. I personally think there's no way that happens.
You were 4% high on the price of the Model X, too. Everything you wrote was wrong. That's why I didn't reply. Obvious troll was obvious.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I think that's the mistake people are making... Everyone is seeing the cybertruck as an everyday person's truck. I just don't think that's the case. When has Tesla been an affordable entry-level car for anyone? They'll get there someday but they've never been that up until this point and probably won't be with the cyber truck either.
So you are suggesting Tesla is going to ignore the launch entirely and launch some completely different vehicle with the same name.

That is… interesting speculation. But not really based on anything Tesla has done in the past, not consistent with Musks comments about the truck, and unlikely to sell in the volumes needed To justify the equipment they are buying.

OP
OP
Alpine

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Someone mentioned earlier in the thread if tesla raises prices they are going with the alpha super wolf and they have zero $ reservation open. Very nice looking truck and cars but light on info. Apparently they are not easy to get a hold of. Did find a very entertaining interview with the guys doing their slick promo vids 😄

Edit: to me it seems they are doing free reservations to use that list to lure investors to make their truck build a reality

https://www.theverge.com/2021/12/13/22826413/alpha-motor-corporation-ev-wolf-truck-interview

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
True, but if the pricing burns too many people, you will see a noticeable decrease in traffic to this site, cause the scorched will not care to engage in the topic between being burned and someone else's actual delivery. They will have moved on. I suspect the list of true die hards "at any cost" is concentrated predominantly in the userbase of this board.

It is going to be an interesting year.
If only that were true. Negative fans are the most dedicated.

-Crissa

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
...The load you might not have the range to get away from? O-o

-Crissa
we can......just fly with you back to the blast.......dont look at the flash.......that a/c is so capable.....the Russians feared it like no other....3 nukes, over 20k lbs of fuel, we can fly for over 4 hrs and have mid-air re-fueling capability......

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Someone mentioned earlier in the thread if tesla raises prices they are going with the alpha super wolf and they have zero $ reservation open. Very nice looking truck and cars but light on info. Apparently they are not easy to get a hold of. Did find a very entertaining interview with the guys doing their slick promo vids 😄

Edit: to me it seems they are doing free reservations to use that list to lure investors to make their truck build a reality

https://www.theverge.com/2021/12/13/22826413/alpha-motor-corporation-ev-wolf-truck-interview
The chances Alpha Wolf happens at this point are vanishingly slim. The “Company” is a couple of baristas (literally) and someone who is very good with making 3d renders. They did crank out one very interesting looking mock up, but it didn’t move and had no batteries or electronics aside from lighting.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
The chances Alpha Wolf happens at this point are vanishingly slim. The “Company” is a couple of baristas (literally) and someone who is very good with making 3d renders. They did crank out one very interesting looking mock up, but it didn’t move and had no batteries or electronics aside from lighting.
Never heard of this till now.. and its hilarious that yet another EV truck is modeled after Back to the Future!

Tesla Cybertruck Musk: "Cybertruck pricing and specs will be different, but it will be a damn fine product." {filename}

Tesla Cybertruck Musk: "Cybertruck pricing and specs will be different, but it will be a damn fine product." %2F2020%2F04%2Ftoyota-pickup-back-to-the-future-11

I actually love this truck too! If it weren't vaporware I might even be torn between the CT and this simply on visuals and nostalgic references alone.

And, yes I did just place a zero cash reservation for this model wolf!

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
(Empansis mine)
I think that's the mistake people are making... Everyone is seeing the cybertruck as an everyday person's truck. I just don't think that's the case. When has Tesla been an affordable entry-level car for anyone? They'll get there someday but they've never been that up until this point and probably won't be with the cyber truck either.
The Model 3 was the average price for a new car.

The Model Y was the average price for a new SUV.

The Cybertruck was announced as being below the average price of a new truck.

So... Always?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Never heard of this till now.. and its hilarious that yet another EV truck is modeled after Back to the Future!

Tesla Cybertruck Musk: "Cybertruck pricing and specs will be different, but it will be a damn fine product." %2F2020%2F04%2Ftoyota-pickup-back-to-the-future-11

Tesla Cybertruck Musk: "Cybertruck pricing and specs will be different, but it will be a damn fine product." {filename}

I actually love this truck too! If it weren't vaporware I might even be torn between the CT and this simply on visuals and nostalgic references alone.

And, yes I did just place a zero cash reservation for this model wolf!
It is a very cool truck. Though I do think it ventures a bit deep into the big child toy category. Range, tiny cockpit, and seating for 2 pretty much eliminates it from my list.

Well assuming it would actually ship which seems unlikely.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It is a very cool truck. Though I do think it ventures a bit deep into the big child toy category. Range, tiny cockpit, and seating for 2 pretty much eliminates it from my list.

Well assuming it would actually ship which seems unlikely.
You can fit four in there. Five back in the day. It was tight, but...

-Crissa
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.