Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
No bed mounting seats, we do not need to import and have the truck classified as a car.

I do plan on a cross bar attached to the t slot allowing securing pets and have water and food dispenser systems integrated. Shade too if the tonneau cover does not deploy partway. I think the tonneau cover will have the ability for partial covering so currently have no plans for adding shade.

i need to figure out is this for a customer of one or would the product have interest.
yeah, the folks sitting in the bed can rough it
Sponsored

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
No bed mounting seats, we do not need to import and have the truck classified as a car.

I do plan on a cross bar attached to the t slot allowing securing pets and have water and food dispenser systems integrated. Shade too if the tonneau cover does not deploy partway. I think the tonneau cover will have the ability for partial covering so currently have no plans for adding shade.

i need to figure out is this for a customer of one or would the product have interest.
It's after market, I am talking about non tesla made accessories. Someone could make some seats. I'm just throwing out a random super WAG.

EVCanuck

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ЗАЗ-968, Canyonero
Country flag
3 more inches in length and it could have fitted 2 standard size wood pallets

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
3 more inches in length and it could have fitted 2 standard size wood pallets
Such a nice jumps from the 40” width between wheel wells in my taco truck

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
As long as the bed can fit full size sheets of plywood with the tail gate down and have a back stop I'm happy. All the other dimensions are trivial.
This statement just had me remember a concern I had from over a year ago. The tailgate needs a hard stop by way of chain or locking positions when open/down, to keep it parallel to the bed. As it is depicted in all these sightings we've had, the tailgate is angled downward. That would cause the tailgate to slap around and not really provide any base for material hanging out the end of the bed as a tailgate normally does. Hope they figured an elegant solution for that out.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
I know we have all wanted dims since 2019 announcement, here you are!

I can totes vouch for the accuracy, having tested the iPhone measure app myself just cause I thought "yea right it's accurate.."

Food for thought, the Cybertruck bed WIDTH is GREATER than the R1T bed LENGTH. Wish someone could make it up there and measure the whole truck! If someone CAN, get close, start the measure, and walk the whole length for most accurate results!

1672856623304.png

1672856647669.png
Finally some solid numbers. But now, if they had not forgotten to measure the bed length at the top of the bed wall to get an accurate measurement of how far the front wall juts out into the bed!

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
This statement just had me remember a concern I had from over a year ago. The tailgate needs a hard stop by way of chain or locking positions when open/down, to keep it parallel to the bed. As it is depicted in all these sightings we've had, the tailgate is angled downward. That would cause the tailgate to slap around and not really provide any base for material hanging out the end of the bed as a tailgate normally does. Hope they figured an elegant solution for that out.
There’s ties that support the tailgate on recent models, but OG didn’t as a way to accommodate ramp angle

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Seriously, the aftermarket parts thing will be neat on Cybertruck. Looking forward to some imagination. Bed mounting seats anyone?! IDK... Come on guys!
Since CyberTruck will have 240V outlet and onboard air compressor you could power a plasma cutter and stick welder and build your own aftermarket parts!!!😃

Space monkey

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fat Cat
Occupation
Philosopher
Country flag
I have been hoping for some time that the length and width would be 5x8(tailgate down)ish. I’m hoping build a simple camper that would also be able to be hauled around in a 5x8 utility trailer. I really want something as versatile as possible while remaining simple/minimalist.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
As it is depicted in all these sightings we've had, the tailgate is angled downward. That would cause the tailgate to slap around and not really provide any base for material hanging out the end of the bed as a tailgate normally does. Hope they figured an elegant solution for that out.
Why wouldn't it?

Did you ever see it down while they weren't using it as a ramp?

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Really haven’t seen the bed in use much at all. Kind of funny when you think about it, it’s a truck and the bed is the center of its usefulness, but every time we’ve seen it, it’s been empty.

Want to see some lumber in there. Or better, full of mountain bikes.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Really haven’t seen the bed in use much at all. Kind of funny when you think about it, it’s a truck and the bed is the center of its usefulness, but every time we’ve seen it, it’s been empty.

Want to see some lumber in there. Or better, full of mountain bikes.
Yea, nothing providing true scale.. shame

AllenZL

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, corvette, cybertruck reserved
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
You could call this as “bed in use”.