Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Be careful when closing your cybertruck door!

I parked on an incline, exited the truck and as I was closing the door I manage to clip the very corner of the door against my leg. When I got home the wife said I needed to go get stitches, so I did.

I’m clumsy, so this is 100% my fault lol

I still love the truck!

Warning: graphic (bloody) image at spoiler -
IMG_2253.jpeg
That sucks, but I haven't owned a car that didn't smash my fingers or other body parts several times. Damn wind :) (I mean it, not just my clumsiness but that is also a factor).

As an aside, the main reason I haven't gone into foil kiting or wind foiling is the sharpness of the wing and how many of my friends have been sliced like you from hitting it. Just like you. Humans and sharp metal (or sharp anything, like paper) just don't mix.
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Sue Tesla.

You'll get your money back as settlement and you can still keep the truck. :p
Be real bud, he admitted it was an honest mistake on his part. WTF people have to blame everyone but themselves in this society :-(

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, 2022 Model Y
Country flag
Same thing happened to me! Far less severe - I was parked on a decline, and the door hit my leg and caused a pretty good scrape (no blood drawn). It was painful enough I’ve been feeling it all day. Obviously I feel stupid - but it’s at least good to know I’m not alone

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
Be real bud, he admitted it was an honest mistake on his part. WTF people have to blame everyone but themselves in this society :-(
Don't let your ignorance if internet forum and the meaning of emoticon overcome your false sense of self righteousness. :p

CyberTally

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 M3P, 2023 MYLR, CT DM AWD delivered 3/6/24
Occupation
Tree Farmer, Retired Computer Scientist, AP CS Instructor, Embedded Control Designer, Electrical Contractor
Country flag
I think I had my leg too close to the truck as I closed the door. The corner of the door managed to hit leg perfectly…
Ouch, that's a serious laceration! Another part of the truck got me soon after delivery.
I had the frunk open while installing my Wall Connector and was using the frunk as a convenient table for my tools. I walked into the plastic protected corner of the frunk lid with my temple. It's approximately eye level on me.
I'm glad they protected that corner with plastic, otherwise I might have needed stitches.

Tesla Cybertruck Potential injury warning: Leg cut by door corner (warning: graphic image) CT frunk lid injury

BannedByTMC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Sanding or grinding a slight radius would probably help a lot.

Cboy7

First Name
Cboy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Be careful when closing your cybertruck door!

I parked on an incline, exited the truck and as I was closing the door I manage to clip the very corner of the door against my leg. When I got home the wife said I needed to go get stitches, so I did.

I’m clumsy, so this is 100% my fault lol

I still love the truck!

Warning: graphic (bloody) image at spoiler -
IMG_2253.jpeg
Could you add a picture of the door where it made contact? im having a hard time picturing it. wow

OP
OP

CyberWade

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram TRX, Porsche GT4
Country flag
Could you add a picture of the door where it made contact? im having a hard time picturing it. wow
The corner really isn’t that sharp, I was just lucky enough to close the door with enough force and hit my leg perfectly to cause damage.

Tesla Cybertruck Potential injury warning: Leg cut by door corner (warning: graphic image) IMG_2260 (1)

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
Ouch, that's a serious laceration! Another part of the truck got me soon after delivery.
I had the frunk open while installing my Wall Connector and was using the frunk as a convenient table for my tools. I walked into the plastic protected corner of the frunk lid with my temple. It's approximately eye level on me.
I'm glad they protected that corner with plastic, otherwise I might have needed stitches.

CT frunk lid injury.jpg
Ouch! I did the same thing with my Yukon, turning and moving my head to run hard into the corner of it's partially raised hatch, except it would have hit my eye if I hadn't been wearing glasses. The lens popped out the frame but saved my eye. The frame was warped. It was my fault, not the truck's.....

electricAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual-motor
Country flag
Sorry about your leg!

I know the CT will get blamed for this, but there's nothing unique or special about that sharp corner on your door.

Here's the door on my Honda element. It has been on the roads for over 20 years and I'm sure more than a few people have been injured by it.

Tesla Cybertruck Potential injury warning: Leg cut by door corner (warning: graphic image) 20240505_081828
Sponsored