Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Jaguar F-Type, Porsche Macan GTS, Indian
Occupation
Aircraft researcher
Country flag
I might be in this boat, wondering if you get the Foundation Series Cyberbeast can they install the Universal Wall Connector in addition to keeping my original wall connector? I’m hoping to keep my Model Y in the garage and install the Universal connector on the outside of my garage so I can leave the CT outside, I assume gateway etc has to be installed inside. My current wall connector is literally 2 feet from my panels. From my understanding the FS Cyberbeast includes $4,000 of installation credit?
Yes, they’ll do that so you’ll have both
Sponsored

OP
OP

Dcwittenborn

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model x p90d, model y perf, Cybertruck
Occupation
Restaurant
Country flag
Did you look at an option for a more manual backup solution.
Could you simply input the power from the CT into your Enphase system controller? It would not be done automatically but likely could be done for a fraction of the cost and still be able to utilize your 123kwh battery in your truck.
Yes. I actually plan to install 14-50 outlet connected to the one panel that is not backed up by Enphase. You can guess how that will be utilized.

OP
OP

Dcwittenborn

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Restaurant
Country flag
Sadly?? Fires are bad….
For sure “Fires are Bad”. What I intended to convey is that it is sad that Tesla has to go to these lengths to protect us from ourselves.

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag
Got my proposal last night. I can't say I'm surprised, but I also don't know what to do. We don't have a lot of power outages in my area. Gotta spend 4k to own the 2400 in equipment.

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 10.19.13 AM.png
see Tesla when we bought the truck were stated to that we got the V3 and wall charger but I only got a 700 dollar credit to buy the wall charger then have someone install it. WE should be getting the V3 credit as well.

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag
Has anyone seen this installed in order to install a wall charger when you have 2 powerwalls, gateway and solar from Tesla? Tesla specs wall charger installed on subpanel of Gateway and gateway does the work not some after market item. this is what a contractor wants to use to connect my Wall Charger. Im not sure about this so reaching out.....

Tesla Cybertruck PowerShare install price / value 20240328_062039

Last edited:

MajorVictory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Gotta have some big brained electrical engineer/electrician types here that have an easier safe way to put the CT battery back into the house after power outage. Drew Baglino eluded to an easier way on X.

I have been watching some youtube video's of how regular peeps are plugging in their home portable batteries and gas generators into their homes via Nema plugs with main safety off switches. Fires, death, building code, lawyers I know.

Dmayo305

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S, 2023 Model X, Awaiting VIN for CT
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
My wife made a solid point the other day. I hate dealerships because they feel slimy. This is no different. They suggest you're getting one thing that's worth X amount of dollars, then not actually provide anything close to that value, arbitrarily. I already have powerwalls and a v2 gateway. No contact with an installer yet, but it's only been 1 week since delivery.

OP
OP

Dcwittenborn

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Restaurant
Country flag
My wife made a solid point the other day. I hate dealerships because they feel slimy. This is no different. They suggest you're getting one thing that's worth X amount of dollars, then not actually provide anything close to that value, arbitrarily. I already have powerwalls and a v2 gateway. No contact with an installer yet, but it's only been 1 week since delivery.
Amen! Brings back memories of sleazy dealerships a decade ago. Fix this Elon!

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag
it took about 3 weeks before I got word from Tesla about Power share after I received the truck. I picked 5 contractors to quote. 2 showed up at house to job walk. both didn't know how to connect for powershare. 1 doesn't do permit work in my city and the other same thing. Charge America sent me a quote but hasn't answered a few questions in 2 weeks, no response. This isn't going to be fun.

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag
Not sure I understand why people are feeling ripped off. I think it was pretty obvious to the AWD buyers that the PowerShare install was going to cost around $4k given the Cyberbeast credit. I totally understand that many people won't get $4k value out of a setup like this. It is expensive, but you always have the choice of waiting until the non-FS trucks come out and skip the up-charge.
for me it's about what was stated to receive with purchase of truck.....V3 Gateway, Wall Charger. I only got a 700 dollar credit to buy the wall charger......Where's the credit for Gateway?

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Yes. I actually plan to install 14-50 outlet connected to the one panel that is not backed up by Enphase. You can guess how that will be utilized.
You may also be able to utilize the Generator input feed in the Enphase system controller to utilize the truck battery to power the enphase side for a long term outage without much solar production.

spamy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
I just got my quote. It is way higher than I was expecting. My main panel is in my garage, everything is open, very little to actually run. The quote came out to be $4878.35. The person quoting it was telling me quotes were coming in at $3000-$7000 he said my job was an easy one, I was expecting somewhere in the $3000-$3500 range. Nearly $5000 for mostly labor seems outrageous. Even at $100 per man hour there is no way this install will take 48 man hours.

MajorVictory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
I just got my quote. It is way higher than I was expecting. My main panel is in my garage, everything is open, very little to actually run. The quote came out to be $4878.35. The person quoting it was telling me quotes were coming in at $3000-$7000 he said my job was an easy one, I was expecting somewhere in the $3000-$3500 range. Nearly $5000 for mostly labor seems outrageous. Even at $100 per man hour there is no way this install will take 48 man hours.
this is a Deja vu of what happened in my case. Time will tell and prices will come down with choice of installer.

I wonder what deadline we have before our gateways/charger Foundation hardware dissolves into a $750 merch credit?

Cyber_95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Got my proposal last night. I can't say I'm surprised, but I also don't know what to do. We don't have a lot of power outages in my area. Gotta spend 4k to own the 2400 in equipment.

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 10.19.13 AM.png
Why does the 4th line item ($1,931) say "includes the Tesla Gateway 3V"? The wording implies the price includes it, yet the part is provided by Tesla, so it should not be included. (meaning they're overcharging you) on this line.

Also, why do you need line #3 for "AC Soft Start"? I have a PW/PV system and multiple HVAC units that function fine without this device. All modern AC units have circuitry built in that prevents the compressor from starting right away when the power is turned on.

Also, for those that already have PW/Solar systems at home, was there any indication of what gateway version is required for Powershare? I have a V1 Gateway with my two PW2 system. Drew Baglino's tweet made it sound like the installation is very minimal in that case.

Let's hope so when it comes around to my turn in a few months. Thank you to all the early adopters/pioneers who are figuring all this out the hard way for the rest of us.

spamy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
this is a Deja vu of what happened in my case. Time will tell and prices will come down with choice of installer.
They are the only installer in my area, they came on time when the appointment was scheduled. We have power outages a few times a year in my neighborhood and I am a tad envious of the neighbors who have generator backup systems because they don't have to worry about the food going bad in their fridges. I went ahead and agreed to this price even though it is clearly price gouging. They must have a max allowable charge by Tesla and apply it because the charges look similar to other charges I've seen posted. I would take the money, buy the hardware and install it with my local electricians but I'm not sure this will be allowed early on by Tesla and the allowance doesn't cover the gateway. This feels like when the Toyota dealer marked up my minivan by $2500 due to "COVID".

I wonder what deadline we have before our gateways/charger Foundation hardware dissolves into a $750 merch credit?
When this happens, Tesla will raise the prices of their T-Shirts to $250 a piece, sweaters $500. You'll be a genius for getting them for "free"
Sponsored