Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
No not Dall-E. There are new companies that have spun off from a combination of Point-E and Dall-E made specifically to cater to the needs of the design industry. They do an OK job of making specific backdrops that 99% of the public won't notice as made up. It eliminates the overhead of photographer/location royalties and simplifies usage rules.
Sponsored

Last edited:
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Occupation
Industrial Designer
Country flag
For the truck itself or the ad campaign? I pretty sure they only used AI for the ads, not for generating the truck.

For those who don't know...
The new industry is AI generated stock images. You describe in plain language to the AI what you want and where the subject will be placed. You can even feed it a few examples to mimic, and it cranks out dozens of versions for you to pick. If you don't like any of the choices generated you reword your query and it generates another set.

The generated images come with simulated camera lense distortion and lighting data. You then put the info in your 3D rendering application and *poof!* you automatically get the right lighting and depth curvatures when you drop in your CGI product model.

For the truck itself, there are designers out here in the industry using AI to generate concepts to bounce ideas off of for idea development. I highly doubt the designers did, but it makes you wonder. Maybe it was marketing playing with AI generated environments to get something quick and cheap.

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
No not Dall-E. There are new companies that have spun off from a combination of Point-E and Dall-E made specifically to cater to the needs of the design industry. They do an OK job of making specific backdrops that 99% of the public won't notice as made up. It eliminates the overhead of photographer/location royalties and simplifies usage rules.
What company? I'm in marketing and would love to check it out.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
I'm in a beta for the one I use which is unannounced and under NDA. One group taking users for their upcoming AI 3d scene maker, according to the grapevine, is Physna.

Also, see if you current stock image provider has something in the works.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
See all the 2025 Ram 1500 REV photos and info at sister-site Ram1500REVolutionforum

Link: https://www.ram1500revolutionforum....ctric-truck-revealed-in-production-form.6509/

And if you've placed a reservation on the Ram 1500 REV, sign in here: https://www.ram1500revolutionforum....n-the-ram-1500-rev-already-sign-in-here.6507/

(click image for full gallery)
screenshot-2023-02-12-at-6-02-07-am-jpg-jpg.jpg

Updated with today's Super Bowl ad for the Ram 1500 REV:

I think most people have figured this out already, but if not, the extra range that Ram is promising is from the OPTIONAL range extender.

Which will be a GAS engine. So when the battery gets low, you can switch to the GAS engine.

Now, many will slam that approach. But......if you drive around town mostly, you will be on the battery all the time. And when you drive to Georgia to see your mom, you can not fear finding a charger.

So, if you run 95% of the time on electricity, and just on long trips use gas, I suppose that is not a horrible thing (I understand super Greenies will find a gas engine for extended range to be blasphemy, but the other option is a gigantic, expensive battery). I just wonder if Dodge will be able to pull this off by "late 2024".

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
1676298571717.png

Just noticed it this morning, thought it was interesting that they are using AI for a few background shots. Don't know if this is a good thing or bad thing, what are everyone's thoughts?
Itโ€™s neither good nor bad. If anyone is looking at the house, then Ram has failed.

I think itโ€™s funny myself like they asked some guy to do the artwork and he just completely dialed it in.

Deleted member 5322

I think most people have figured this out already, but if not, the extra range that Ram is promising is from the OPTIONAL range extender.

Which will be a GAS engine. So when the battery gets low, you can switch to the GAS engine.

Now, many will slam that approach. But......if you drive around town mostly, you will be on the battery all the time. And when you drive to Georgia to see your mom, you can not fear finding a charger.

So, if you run 95% of the time on electricity, and just on long trips use gas, I suppose that is not a horrible thing (I understand super Greenies will find a gas engine for extended range to be blasphemy, but the other option is a gigantic, expensive battery). I just wonder if Dodge will be able to pull this off by "late 2024".
Not really,
Range extender is just onboard generator that can recharge your main battery. But you cannot drive using this generatorโ€ฆ

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
if you drive around town mostly, you will be on the battery all the time. And when you drive to Georgia to see your mom, you can not fear finding a charger.
Because you know they don't have electricity in much of Georgia.

Tesla Cybertruck Ram 1500 REV REVEALED! ๐Ÿ“ธ Deposit placers โ€” Join others here! ๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ 1676316041867

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Because you know they don't have electricity in much of Georgia.

1676316041867.png
If you are driving from New Jersey to the great state of Georgia, and have to find an Electrify America station that is working, your spouse might be throwing a fit because you are down to 10% state of charge, we are going to run out and it is 2 oclock in the morning!! I assume that has never happened to you LOL.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
If you are driving from New Jersey to the great state of Georgia, and have to find an Electrify America station that is working, your spouse might be throwing a fit because you are down to 10% state of charge, we are going to run out and it is 2 oclock in the morning!! I assume that has never happened to you LOL.
You are correct that it has not happened to me. Because I am one who listens and learns from the experiences of others. Instead I have decided that as for me and my family, we will only buy EVs from now on and they will be exclusively Tesla or capable of using the Tesla supercharger network (Hello Aptera!) until the other charging networks get their shit together.

Hopefully, by the time this RAM truck comes out, those other networks will have their issues at least partially figured out. Or more EV makers will do what it takes to take advantage of Tesla's network. If not, then be prepared to fly to Georgia with your wife and rent a car (potentially a Tesla) if you want to completely avoid the scenario you describe.

Or, if it's your family, there is a good chance your wife will just avoid the trip all together. After all, if you are going to make her stay awake past 2 o'clock in the morning to keep you alert on the road, you probably should have just bought a Tesla in the first place so you can let FSD do the driving for you. By the time the Ram truck is out there is a strong possibility that Tesla FSD can do the driving while you sleep for most of the trip.

But you know... That RAM truck looks SOOOO much better than a CT. Better to look cool than to have a real, practical, reliable, safe, and chargeable truck like the CT. And who would want to scare the homeless with their alien craft driving by at 2 in the morning.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You are correct that it has not happened to me. Because I am one who listens and learns from the experiences of others. Instead I have decided that as for me and my family, we will only buy EVs from now on and they will be exclusively Tesla or capable of using the Tesla supercharger network (Hello Aptera!) until the other charging networks get their shit together.

Hopefully, by the time this RAM truck comes out, those other networks will have their issues at least partially figured out. Or more EV makers will do what it takes to take advantage of Tesla's network. If not, then be prepared to fly to Georgia with your wife and rent a car (potentially a Tesla) if you want to completely avoid the scenario you describe.

Or, if it's your family, there is a good chance your wife will just avoid the trip all together. After all, if you are going to make her stay awake past 2 o'clock in the morning to keep you alert on the road, you probably should have just bought a Tesla in the first place so you can let FSD do the driving for you. By the time the Ram truck is out there is a strong possibility that Tesla FSD can do the driving while you sleep for most of the trip.

But you know... That RAM truck looks SOOOO much better than a CT. Better to look cool than to have a real, practical, reliable, safe, and chargeable truck like the CT. And who would want to scare the homeless with their alien craft driving by at 2 in the morning.
CyberTruck? You mean my November 2019 reservation will come true someday? LOL

Tesla is way way ahead with their charging network. I went to a wedding in San Diego last weekend, and rented a Model Y from Hertz. Easy as all get out to charge (which I did even though I had 50% charge). I wanted to see how the billing worked. It didn't ask ...I think it just charged Hertz.

However, the Model Y won't tow my 7500lb trailer, which my Lightning does.

Maybe someday I will get a CT. When they get to my #. The Ram I think will come out with a trickle of EV trucks in January 2025. No idea why they spent money on the SuperBowl.
Sponsored