Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
We don't apply power steering when we feel like it,

And we don't activate ABS depending on what we see approaching.

4WS will be something which is there, will make tighter turns, will reduce approach angles... We will just get accustomed to it as if it's normal and no big deal.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Maybe not much more.

it only shows when the front are turned all the way, tho. Kinda like ai predicted; that would make it drive more like other trucks usually.

-Crissa
What if it drives like 'other sportscars usually' (?)

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
What if it drives like 'other sportscars usually' (?)
Do you prefer understeer or oversteer?

Agreed. Also suspect a force to neutral during high acceleration or deceleration. Like in my deer example. Also probably code that says do not enter, leave or change modes when front wheels are not pointed straight.
In cases of hard maneuvers, the rear wheels can turn to handle slip and shimmy, again, based on some algorithm like traction control would.

The Cybertruck needs to blow away the Moose Test.

-Crissa

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Let‘s say the speed threshold that decides the steering mode is 25MPH. What will it do if I start a going around a corner at 20MPH but while in the corner I accelerate to 30MPH?

OH! Or... I’m on the Highway going 50MPH and changing lanes. A deer jumps out in front of me and I hit the brakes and swerve.

I’m not looking for an answer. Just sharing my thought process. 4 wheel steering Is probably way more complicated than we realize.
Hit the Deer ! Your in a Cybertruck :D 🔥

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
Without stopping, you yell commands at the Cybertruck, "Hal", "open the vault bay door", deer rolls over Cybertruck frunk/windshield/cabin and into the bed, yell for Cybertruck to close vault door as you reroute to butcher shop.
And the BAW clears any fluids/debris left behind, easy-peasy ;)

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't know how i feel about 4WS. I like its function, but not the complexity it adds and repair bills down the line.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Without stopping, you yell commands at the Cybertruck, "Hal", "open the vault bay door", deer rolls over Cybertruck frunk/windshield/cabin and into the bed, yell for Cybertruck to close vault door as you reroute to butcher shop.
And the BAW clears any fluids/debris left behind, easy-peasy ;)
Yup

The FSD can detect the imminent collision, activate the BAW before impact so the BAW does a down wipe with spray to wet slick the windshield before impact, BAW waits in down position for object to impact with windshield, and then the BAW upstrokes after impact and the BAW pushes the debris over the top of the windshield.

If it was a bird/turkey/chicken strike on the windshield it will be called the "Chica-BAW" procedure.
If it was a moose strike on the windshield it will be called the "Moose-BAW" procedure.

---------------------------------

How a “Chicken Gun” is used for Aircraft Testing
The lengths airline manufacturers go to test the safety of aircraft and engines are extensive and fascinating. This is the story behind the famous "Chicken Gun" test.
Jun 20, 2022

-------

Spartan College of Aeronautics and Technology

Robinson's Impact-Resistant Windshields Improve Bird Strike Protection
Robinson introduces optional impact-resistant windshields for R22, R44, and R66 helicopters to provide protection from bird strikes.
May 13, 2020
Robinson Helicopter Company

------

L-39NG windscreen bird strike test
A bird strike can be potentially fatal to military training and combat aircrafts like L-39NG. Therefore, we perform the windscreen bird strike test to verify that the canopy of the aircraft will protect the pilot even if the airplane will be hit by a bird in very high speed. The L-39NG passed this test successfully.
Jun 16, 2020
VZLÚ

--------

U.S. FAA reports that over 9,000 birds a year are struck by planes.
Since 1988, 250 people have died from accidents where planes hit birds.

Camera Captures the Moment a Bird Strikes Cockpit
Pilot Rob Weber was a few miles away from touching down when a bird slammed into his windshield.
Feb 24, 2014
ABC News

--------

Sponsored

Last edited: