Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Nothing is ever enough for some folks
LOL Yeah and some folks would have us all restricted to 100 mile range because all these studies that say the average person only drives 30 miles a day so 200 mile range is outlandishly excessive.
Sponsored

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Yeah I know the math. But I just believe the 4680 will be ABLE to deliver a 700 mile range in the CT but Tesla won't allow it.
I see what you mean. If for example they decided to max out the capacity they could probably get 700 miles.
LOL Yeah and some folks would have us all restricted to 100 mile range because all these studies that say the average person only drives 30 miles a day so 200 mile range is outlandishly excessive.
100 miles? man I only drive 15 miles a day. My CT wont need more than 20 miles of range :p

Cybertruck Tampa

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Realistically the CT is going to take 400 - 500 Wh/mi. For 700 mi that's 280 - 350 kWh. So you are thinking that the battery in the CT will be capable of 280 - 350 kWh but Tesla is going to choke it at 200 - 250 kWh. Well that would mean 100% SoC on the gauge corresponds to 0.71C. That's, of course, pretty conservative but would allow charging to 100% SoC with little or no taper!
what are you guys thinking for dual? 350ish? Or do you think it’ll be closer to 330? Just curious. Love seeing your math on the kWh.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
what are you guys thinking for dual? 350ish? Or do you think it’ll be closer to 330? Just curious. Love seeing your math on the kWh.
Maybe its safe to assume 310, 360 and 560? I would be super excited about that. Basically means the DMCT (which I reserved) will have ~300 of good usable range. I still find this just mind blowing. I remember thinking a truck like the CT was unobtanium.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Until I see otherwise from the factory I'm thinking what the ordering page currently says. If the mileages are more than 10 above what they have our there now I will be pleasantly surprised. But i do like pleasant surprises.

Jensengary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck
Occupation
Wind tech
Country flag
Hi guy's
500 mile range is good for me what I'm interested in is going off road probably not to much rock crawling but blasting across the dessert yes please I'm hoping that someone can tell me the about the front end I'm wondering if it will act like a locker or limited slip hopefully not open
Thanks

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Each wheel has its own independently controlled motor. Thus each can produce from 0 to maximum thrust in either direction. It isn't the differentials that determine how the truck will perform largely because there are no differentials. It will depend on the software. While I am sure that will be polished over time I think you will probably have pretty sophisticated torque vectoring on S/N 1.

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
V2G is another reason to increase range as much as possible. You sell more electrons to the utility when fully charged and still have plenty of range for your own use.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yep! :) There is no need to worry about SoC anymore with a million+ mile battery imo.
That's a way to turn your million mile battery into a ten thousand mile battery. Just make sure you don't leave it uncharged and if you want fastest charging, stay below 80%.

-Crissa

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That's a way to turn your million mile battery into a ten thousand mile battery. Just make sure you don't leave it uncharged and if you want fastest charging, stay below 80%.

-Crissa
According to Jeff Dahn there will be little degradation in the 4680 using it full bore and after 1 million miles.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I always question a leaker that says stuff like the firmware update will be beyond our expectations. OK dude, you've already leaked a couple things without holding back, but now all of a sudden you're leaving things vague? Whatever.

The idea of a new steering wheel and 500+ mile range equaling 560 miles is pretty much a given. The "leak" is a joke.

Reactions: Geo

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Each wheel has its own independently controlled motor.
Ooops! Wrong forum. On the CT there will be independent motors at the rear only. On the front only one and hence a differential. Cancle previous post.

Last edited:

Handy Artie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mercedes Sprinter 2500
Occupation
Retired surgical oncologist
Country flag
I’ll be happy with a 600 mile range in a trimotor. That’s 50% more than a diesel Sprinter. And that’s about 10 hours of driving/day on the Interstates getting you where you want to go most of the time for a Supercharger.

Cybertruck Tampa

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Maybe its safe to assume 310, 360 and 560? I would be super excited about that. Basically means the DMCT (which I reserved) will have ~300 of good usable range. I still find this just mind blowing. I remember thinking a truck like the CT was unobtanium.
yea that’s the one I reserved as well. I would love the Tri-motor but there’s no way I can justify that.
Sponsored