Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
It's at least nice to get a clear image of the sail pillar storage from reveal night. Would like to see a high res of the frunk as well.
Sponsored

kraal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
Country flag
tesla-cybertruck-ail-storage-area-jpeg.jpg

Great feature!!
Will it be just for spinning rods?!!!
:eek::rolleyes::censored::sleep:

SONNYDUT

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
The CT shown with sail door is an older version(with door handle). Unlikely, but don't mind the lower point part stabbed me a few times before I get used to it. :D

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
From the latest edition of Tesla China's official magazine called T-Zone. This spread features the Cybertruck Concept's sail pillar storage feature!

cybertruck sail storage.jpg

FsN9D6iaAAEQKKS.jpeg
FsN9D6gagAARysJ.jpeg

Here's a full high-res look at the concept Cybertruck's sail storage area:

tesla cybertruck ail storage area.jpeg

Wouldn't this also imply that Cybertruck will be available in China. Maybe even Cybertruck factory in China.

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Here's a full high-res look at the concept Cybertruck's sail storage area:

tesla cybertruck ail storage area.jpeg

Thought they were going with this option.. Lol (Hellfire Missiles)

Tesla Cybertruck Sail Pillar Storage just featured in latest Tesla China official magazine T-Zone. Sign it'll make production? cyber Trk missiles copy

Tesla Cybertruck Sail Pillar Storage just featured in latest Tesla China official magazine T-Zone. Sign it'll make production? Hellfire cyber

Last edited:

Walkstep

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tundra, 1968 Dodge Dart, 1983 CJ8 Crawler
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Kind of takes the 'exo' out of exo-skeleton :rolleyes::unsure:

kraal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
Country flag
Why not golf clubs?
Unless it is mini-golf, it will be necessary lots more clubs (only 4 slots)!! And I don't play!

I was thinking more about casting rods!! (it was a bad joke, sorry!)

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Don’t get the hate for this.

Plenty of things you can stash in there which would be super useful in a pinch. Pretty nice spot to stash tools and rescue gear for getting your truck unstuck. For example you could tuck a pair of traction mats in there or chains.

For me, it would be the home for my bike toolkit, likely a hatchet, and some trail tools.

I don’t know this makes it to final and this OG render isn’t super convincing, but it would be a nice place to park tools, straps, ropes, and small gear.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Contrary to @cvalue13's post above, my interpretation of images from Rob Mauer's video taken of the prototype on investor day, does show a "distinct possibility" of sail pillar storage. But, I think I was lucky enough to get (slightly) more detailed and clear images than @cvalue13 did, so that is likely the reason for different interpretations.

In my capture of the image below (notice the faint red ellipse), there is a small disconnect in the sail sheet metal and the sheet metal below it. You can especially see this at the very tip of the sail not reaching the corner of the bed which is protruding out maybe a single thickness further (click on the below image to zoom in for slightly better detail):

Tesla Cybertruck Sail Pillar Storage just featured in latest Tesla China official magazine T-Zone. Sign it'll make production? 1679945331422

There are also visible differences in the sail bottom compared to the corresponding fold creases of the same body line in the doors (red ellipses). The door fold creases look different, and there appears to be a different reflection just under the sail, suggesting there might be a small gap or lap joint of some kind:

Tesla Cybertruck Sail Pillar Storage just featured in latest Tesla China official magazine T-Zone. Sign it'll make production? 1679945807910

So this is what the images suggest to me, but someone who was there will obviously be able to say either way with more certainty. Best we can do is use the highest resolutions posted or available to us, and go from there.

Even if there is a separation joint at the bottom of the sail, it does not guarantee the sail is a lid for storage, but does increases the likelihood or possibility. But we're all expecting Tesla to (hopefully) give is an updated reveal with new features and details within the next few months.

- ÆCIII

Last edited:

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Easier than prying the trunk of a standard sedan open?

Don’t get the hate for this.

Plenty of things you can stash in there which would be super useful in a pinch. Pretty nice spot to stash tools and rescue gear for getting your truck unstuck. For example you could tuck a pair of traction mats in there or chains.

For me, it would be the home for my bike toolkit, likely a hatchet, and some trail tools.

I don’t know this makes it to final and this OG render isn’t super convincing, but it would be a nice place to park tools, straps, ropes, and small gear.
I was thinking rope, tow strap, simple tools and first aid kit in one. Charging cord, adapters, extension cords in the other. Roughly the same idea as you.
Sponsored