rickster902

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3 longe range 2020
Country flag
The Cybertruck spotted @ the Fremont factory on 4/6/23. Those are definitely strange rims. What do you think is going on here with all these wires taped up to it?

Update:

Attached to the steel wheels are Wheel Force Transducers, a multi-axial precision measuring system that captures three forces and moments on a rotating wheel.

Wheel force transducers are designed for use in the development and testing of complete chassis and chassis components of different vehicles such as passenger cars, SUV, commercial vehicles, race cars and industrial vehicles. During measurement, a wheel force transducer replaces a standard wheel and measures the forces and moments acting on the tire contact patch."

Tesla Cybertruck Steel wheels (steelies) and Wheel Force Transducers (precision measurement equipment) spotted on Cybertruck prototype 4/06/2023 steel wheels cybertruck steelies

Tesla Cybertruck Steel wheels (steelies) and Wheel Force Transducers (precision measurement equipment) spotted on Cybertruck prototype 4/06/2023 Screen Shot 2023-04-09 at 7.35.03 PM

Tesla Cybertruck Steel wheels (steelies) and Wheel Force Transducers (precision measurement equipment) spotted on Cybertruck prototype 4/06/2023 Screen Shot 2023-04-09 at 7.35.14 PM

Tesla Cybertruck Steel wheels (steelies) and Wheel Force Transducers (precision measurement equipment) spotted on Cybertruck prototype 4/06/2023 steel wheels cybertruck
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Maybe they will be the standard rims under the cyber wheel covers? Would look the same and nobody would know.

OP
OP

rickster902

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3 longe range 2020
Country flag
Maybe they will be the standard rims under the cyber wheel covers? Would look the same and nobody would know.
I really hope they aren't the standard rims. I took the wheel covers off my Model 3 because the actual rims are dope, so Im hoping for nice rims underneath the wheel covers on the Cybertruck

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
The Cybertruck spotted @ the Fremont factory on 4/6/23. Those are definitely strange rims. What do you think is going on here with all these wires taped up to it?

steel wheels cybertruck steelies.jpg

Screen Shot 2023-04-09 at 7.35.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-09 at 7.35.14 PM.png

steel wheels cybertruck.jpg
Looks like a bunch of tweakers been workin' on it, Toyota rims, extra speaker wires for the vault and frunk for beach day...:eek:

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Those rims are too shiny.

I'm thinking they would look better in real life.

Don Kedick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3LR, Escalade
Country flag
It’s probably a sensor package for testing the suspension.
I believe those are the wheels they use to attach sensors. It’s been discussed for those who want to find the thread. I don’t remember exactly what they’re for.
Tesla Cybertruck Steel wheels (steelies) and Wheel Force Transducers (precision measurement equipment) spotted on Cybertruck prototype 4/06/2023 5DC33B3D-E9FE-4DDF-A1FB-5A269D00298F

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Maybe antenna sensors for Bluetooth. The kind for keyless entry for the doors / frunk and tailgate.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Maybe they put heavy duty rims on it and sensors all over the exoskeleton to test the exoskeleton distortion under extreme weight loads and or extreme maneuvering like bouldering?

Last edited: