Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
Yeah, my old Intrepid hand me down from my parents had a middle front seat. Super useful when you wanted to get a pile of college kids to a party. There is definitely "room" for one in the CT, it's just a matter of whether they choose to put it in there. I think it will be an option, if not standard. I certainly hope so.
Hmmm might bring a lawn chair just incase.

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
E4DCBC45-3935-4791-9489-86AC6EFA1638.jpeg

Note the franz truck above is running different tires than even the investor day truck (which are more like the original proto tires)

45E728D6-2392-425C-B8AF-715D9F276282.png

I think the Franz truck tires look much more like a production version AT tire, but still designed with sidewalls that flange with the aero covers

Iā€™m satisfied with calling this one!

as for off-roading, since they overlap the sidewall, they arenā€™t making it too long on the trial
Yes, it looks like they just swapped different tires on after the investor event. You can see the original tires in the bed (see arrow).

Tesla Cybertruck "Took Cybertruck Beta [w/ BAW] out for a drive" -- Franz von Holzhausen Photo FqP6eiOaUAIxxvb

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yes, it looks like they just swapped different tires on after the investor event. You can see the original tires in the bed (see arrow).

FqP6eiOaUAIxxvb.jpeg
Are you sure that's not the crane's wheels behind it?

They do have at least two of these betas.

-Crissa

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Tesla employee verified that 6th seat removal was necessary because of 5% size reduction.
That was his opinion. A sixth seat can fit, if they donā€™t include it, itā€™s a design choice.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
That was his opinion. A sixth seat can fit, if they donā€™t include it, itā€™s a design choice.

My dads friend works at Nintendo and told me they'd put a NES in the dash of cybertruck.
So is yā€™allā€™s position that, at an investor event (not just a random spy sighting), Tesla chose an employee to stand inside the proto boundary only monitor the proto, but That employee Tesla choose was otherwise both (A) unaware of relevant facts about the proto, and (B) presumably directed to not discuss the proto, but that CT-ignorant employee (presumably under NDA) threw caution and his job to the wind and just socialized ā€œopinionsā€ with investors?

Iā€™m not saying thatā€™s impossible; but sure seems an uncharacteristic failure of the company and types of constraints deployed around investor-facing events.

Iā€™m also not saying that the above scenario is 180Ā° from the truth.

But I *am* confused about how one is so confident in the above sort of scenario, which seems the sort of scenario that justifies this sort of ā€œit was just an employees opinionā€ sort of view.

EDIT TO ADD: I can, however, totally see how if this employee were not super agile with the individual quirks of ā€œtruck peopleā€ he might, for example, say ā€œ6X4 bedā€ when in fact itā€™s a 74ā€ X 51ā€ bed, and he not realize that makes all the difference in the world to some ā€œtruck peopleā€

But conversely, seems pretty binary, the difference between saying ā€œ5 seatsā€ vs ā€œ6 seatsā€

Which if that is true, could mean either:

ā€¢ all configurations will be 5 seats, vs

ā€¢ this proto configuration is 5 seats (but other seating configs will be available)
Sponsored

Last edited: