Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Maybe I'm crazy but I think Elon himself mentioned on this earnings call more specific info on the cybertruck coming during the investor meeting on March 1.

I'm not one to believe these sec required meetings are used for product announcements, but I'm almost positive I heard him say that on the last call.
He did, but it was vague. He didn’t say “We’re showing off the Cybertruck Beta” or “Specs and Prices coming at the investor call”.

It might be a dog-and-pony show with the Gigapress with only a brief roll-by of the Cybertruck which might be less interesting than this.

I‘ve just seen too many people get frustrated after events based on vague rumors…. Not naming anyone in particular but… @greggertruck

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I‘ve just seen too many people get frustrated after events based on vague rumors…. Not naming anyone in particular but… @greggertruck
But I do appreciate when @greggertruck turns his disappointment into deep research and we end up finding info on very arcane aspects that then come to fruition.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It sits way too low in my opinion than any truck on the market.
As @Gurule92 pointed out, suspension is variable. If you need it lifted, you push a (virtual) button.

That said. Most pickups are higher than they need to be for practical purposes. You look at 20 year old pickups and they are all much lower and have the same size beds, and similar towing capacities. Trucks suffer badly from ego driving 1-up-ism.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
I am spending way too much time on this. But, is this vent looking thing a water outlet for the bed? Also, is the rear camera attached to the tailgate? Do we know if there is a second rear cam?

1675373466227.png
Yes that's the camera, the Alpha prototypes already had it there. Aesthetically another poor design choice as it breaks up the lightbar, they could have put it down where the license plate is.

Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 abh

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
But I do appreciate when @greggertruck turns his disappointment into deep research and we end up finding info on very arcane aspects that then come to fruition.
Likewise. I’m just an ogre who likes to harass people and his exuberance makes it easy. He seems to take it in the spirit it’s intended.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
That means a lot, thank you. I am glad you appreciate it!

I love to share the excitement with everyone! In a world full of sarcastic crass "get your truck yet, Greg?" people... it's nice to have you all that are (almost) as excited as I am. ;)

I think March 1 will yield something. More than Semi Day "it'll have 1000v architecture" then moving on.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Yes that's the camera, the Alpha prototypes already had it there. Aesthetically another poor design choice as it breaks up the lightbar, they could have put it down where the license plate is.

abh.png
Maybe that placement wouldn't work super well for lining up a tow hitch. Better back up perspective too.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
There’s a chance the yellow arrow points to a dust cover for side pillar hinges. But it seems weird there isn’t an obvious place for racks. Maybe Tesla will leave that to the after market?
With those wide sides on the bed it’s very likely they have storage in the sail pillar. The overall shape of the truck does create some interesting limitations and eccentricities.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I think March 1 will yield something. More than Semi Day "it'll have 1000v architecture" then moving on.
Likewise.

But I like to plan my life around positive surprises. If I go into this with my heart set on some big reveal, I end up frustrated. If I go into it with a bland investor day showing off production technology (Which is what they have announced) and they pull a Cybertruck spec release out of their hats then I’m stoked.

Salty_Cobalt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Escalade, 2017 Range Rover Sport, Tri Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
IT Systems Admin
Country flag

abh.png
I have a feeling that HW4 is going to finally bring 360 camera view.. if correct, a higher mounted camera would certainly be better for providing a viewpoint more suited for that, I would think?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
That means a lot, thank you. I am glad you appreciate it!

I love to share the excitement with everyone! In a world full of sarcastic crass "get your truck yet, Greg?" people... it's nice to have you all that are (almost) as excited as I am. ;)

That would be nice, especially considering it is less than a month from now. That said, I am putting my money on Tesla’s tried and true approach of leaking details with prototypes (such as todays pic).
Sponsored