Will FSD full self driving get priority on deliveries?

RandyS

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 Performance, 2021 Model Y LR
Country flag
You bet they will deliver trucks first with the FSD option selected. More revenue guaranteed...

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Irrelevant.

No, I do not. Because terms must comply with applicable laws, and in this case, the offer was made in California, and hence must follow Californian law.

The offer very specifically said you locked in FSD price.

So they must do this one thing.

Other options were not priced nor named, so they can be whatever price.

-Crissa
Interesting. Did you order FSD on your Cybertruck reservation? Do you have a copy of the document or web page that specifically said the FSD price was "locked in"?

Of course I would like that.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Interesting. Did you order FSD on your Cybertruck reservation? Do you have a copy of the document or web page that specifically said the FSD price was "locked in"?

Tesla Cybertruck Will FSD full self driving get priority on deliveries? 1617161526923

-Crissa

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Hi Crissa, welcome back!

I think you have a misunderstanding of what the terms are of the Pre-Order Agreement because Tesla specifically did not promise a specific price (it was clearly only an estimated price). Here are the relevant portions of the Agreement between Tesla and me:

Documentaon. Your Cybertruck Motor Vehicle Pre-Order Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made up of the following documents:

1. Vehicle Configuration: The Vehicle Configuration will be confirmed with you at a later date. It will describe the vehicle that you configure, including pricing (excluding taxes and official or government fees).

2. Final Price Sheet: The Final Price Sheet will be provided to you as your delivery date nears. It will include final pricing based on your Vehicle Configuration and will include taxes and official or governmental fees.

3. Terms & Conditions: These Terms & Conditions are effective as of the date you place your pre-order and make your Pre-Order Payment (the “Pre-Order Date”).

Agreement to Purchase.
You agree to pre-order the vehicle (the “Vehicle”) that you configured when you made your Pre-Order Payment and by taking delivery, completing the transaction when the Vehicle is ready for delivery from Tesla, Inc. or its affiliate (“we,” “us” or “our”), pursuant to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Your Vehicle is priced and configured based on features and options available at the time of order and you can confirm availability with a Tesla representative. Options, features or hardware released after you place your order may not be included in or available for your Vehicle.

Pre-Order Price, Taxes and Official Fees.
The pre-order price of the Vehicle will be confirmed in your Vehicle Configuration and Final Price Sheet. As you may have only configured part of your Vehicle, any pre-order price provided to you in advance of the Final Price Sheet is only being offered to you as an estimate and is subject to change. Any pre-order price listed in the Vehicle Configura'on will not include taxes and official or government fees, which could amount to up to 10% or more of the Vehicle pre-order price. Because these taxes and fees are constantly changing and will depend on many factors, such as where you register the Vehicle, they will be calculated closer to the 'me of delivery and indicated on your Final Price Sheet.

(I put the really relevant portion in italics)
To my reading what you have quoted is exactly what @Crissa is saying…that the price we were quoted is what we will pay plus any options we choose, taxes, and fees. I am unclear how you read it differently but that is how I read it.

Of course, that is based entirely on the paragraphs you quoted. We know that Tesla has said that if their costs go up (or down) they will have to modulate their pricing, but I have always believed that they will do their best to adhere to the original quotes.

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

Tesla has always locked the FSD price when you order it and have often told potential buyers to lock the price before it goes up.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
The first deliveries will be to customers nearest the factory.

Sincerely,
Cybergus
Austin, TX
Celebs seem to take delivery after workers, then locals, and then shipments start to reservation holders.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you for posting that. I'm sure that's the same page I ordered from and it does appear to lock us into the lower $7K FSD price. Although to be 100% fool-proof, I would need to see the page that the "Learn more" link displays. Because although I trust that Tesla will honor the "price lock", from a legal perspective it could depend upon what the "Learn More" page said. Tesla doesn't tend to play tricks like that but, from an iron-clad legal perspective, i would like to know whether it went to a general information page about FSD or to more specific legalese.

And to be clear, I've always felt Tesla would abide by the $7K price of FSD, it's simply that the language of the pre-order agreement, taken in isolation of the page you just posted, does give Tesla the right to change the price of the truck, the options, as well as what they finally offer in terms of features and specs. The same page also gives the reservationist the right to not buy.

Last edited:

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

that was what was first confusing to me.....I ordered FSD and it showed on my account page....then it disappeared after pricing continued to go up. but a call to Tesla confirmed I had FSD on the order.....I dont think I am the only one who had it disappear,,,,but we'll see what happens

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tesla has always locked the FSD price when you order it and have often told potential buyers to lock the price before it goes up.
True. But it's important to realize that no one has ordered a Cybertruck yet. They are all pre-orders. That's the thing that comes before an order.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
that was what was first confusing to me.....I ordered FSD and it showed on my account page....then it disappeared after pricing continued to go up. but a call to Tesla confirmed I had FSD on the order.....I dont think I am the only one who had it disappear,,,,but we'll see what happens
When did you place your pre-order? Mine is still showing with FSD in my Tesla account and I pre-ordered during the reveal.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When did you place your pre-order? Mine is still showing with FSD in my Tesla account and I pre-ordered during the reveal.
ordered first night when it opened up....currently 46.146 in line

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
ordered first night when it opened up....currently 46.146 in line
Hmmmm, I have three pre-orders, one placed during the reveal, one placed the next day (I think) and one placed a couple of weeks later (I think). It's maddening because none of my pre-orders have dates on them although I suppose I could find the time stamp on the credit card billing if I really wanted to. And I thought I had placed two orders with FSD but only the last pre-order is showing FSD.

I don't understand what the "46.146 in line" means. If it's a reference to this site's reservation order number page, I don't think it means much.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hmmmm, I have three pre-orders, one placed during the reveal, one placed the next day (I think) and one placed a couple of weeks later (I think). It's maddening because none of my pre-orders have dates on them although I suppose I could find the time stamp on the credit card billing if I really wanted to. And I thought I had placed two orders with FSD but only the last pre-order is showing FSD.

I don't understand what the "46.146 in line" means. If it's a reference to this site's reservation order number page, I don't think it means much.
yes, the 46,146 is my projected reservation number....
Sponsored