Will the truck come with a full size spare?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
not to be a stick in the mud, I am betting no.

my mind is set on purchasing and keeping in the garage except for distance trips. Commuting will not carry the spare, jack and wrench. Will carry a plug kit at all times.
Me too, but I am not a contractor, a contractor worker, or a rancher. I can definitely see having a way to hose down the inside as being a valuable option (w/o destroying everything that is). If Tesla is still doing that paper dashboard I doubt it.
Sponsored

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Cowhands want to know if this truck will come with a full size spare and will we be able to wash the cow-s*%T out of the cab? Practical Gents these men so what say You?
So I don't see the the Cybertruck coming with a full size spare included. I would recommend going out and buying a full size spare if you want one. As for placement for it, I'm sure there will be no shortage of aftermarket products to attach things such as a full size spare to the Cybertruck. I don't see it being easily stored under the truck, unless you are able to lock the suspesion to never go under a certain height. Inside the bed would be a very easy place to place a full size spare since you have T-Slots along the bottom and tailgate as well as L Tracks that are on each wall. With those built in you could customize the bed in any way you like. I've also seen people discussing the outside of the tailgate, but that would probably require bolting it to the tailgate.

As for washing the inside of the Cybertruck. It's always possible but depending on what the floor is made out of will determine the ease of washing. If the floor is a hard surface with a removeable floor mat, then it will be easy to just remove the mats and hose them down and then use a brush with a good attitude for the floors. If it's Carpeted with a removeable mat, it'll just take a little longer to wash the floors and obviously some time to dry.
I would really hope for the hard surface with floor mats. I don't think anyone who just wants the Cybertruck as a daily driver, road trip, or camping vehicle will lose any comfort if they don't have a fully carpeted floor, and it will make it much easier to clean for anyone using it as a work vehicle.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
If only this pick up truck had a cargo space of some kind. Possibly one with an easy access gate, maybe even a roll up cover to protect whatever is inside. If only somebody had thought of a bed of sorts for keeping larger items, such as tires, secure.

A boy can dream I guess.
Whoa..... that's crazy talk

keyhere

First Name
Key
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic, KLX250S
Occupation
EE
Country flag
Willing to bet it won't come with a spare. The under bed storage hatch pretty much confirms it, since that's the only place it could go. Nothing stopping you from buying an old used rim and tire and throwing it in the bed.

dtruckman

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Accura MDX Hybrid, 2005 Dodge Dakota 4X4
Occupation
retired
Country flag
By the way I think spares are a waste of space anyway, our MDX has a puncture repair aerosol and a little compressor what more do you need? As it is if cowboys want a spare just do what cowboys do and throw an old worn out tire with a cheap rim in the bed.

ScoobyDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck/ F150
Country flag
You said it kev :D
With that storage space under the bed, and the frunk, I'd be really surprised if it didn't. Looking at the size of the frunk on the F150, I could see a full sized 33-35" A/T spare fitting in there. Although I imagine there are crash test effects with it in the frunk. So at least fitting in that storage space under the bed should be an option. To me that would be such a weird thing to exclude.

rodmacpherson

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Security Architect (IT/Infosec)
Country flag
not to be a stick in the mud, I am betting no.

my mind is set on purchasing (edit) a spare and keeping in the garage except for distance trips. Commuting will not carry the spare, jack and wrench. Will carry a plug kit at all times.
That has been my strategy with my last couple of vehicles. I have winter tires. They are stored in the garage. In a pinch on a commuting trip I can usually call a friend and get a ride back to the house to grab one as a spare. I have never had to, but I know that option is there. Also I have roadside service that I have used once for a flat (the valve broke while putting air in at a gas station).

If I am going on a trip where I suspect I'll be out of the service area for reasonably quick roadside assistance. I'd toss one of the tires in the back and away I go... but I haven't really even done that. Flat tires just haven't been a worry for me in a long long time. Roads are good here, but If it was a concern for me I'd just keep a tire in the bed of the truck. I don't need it to come with a 5th tire, I'll have 4 extras kicking around anyway. A good place to put a spare tire would be nice to have, but it makes no sense for me to buy one more tire and finance it over the life of the vehicle when I will have extra tires at home anyway.

rodmacpherson

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Security Architect (IT/Infosec)
Country flag
I would really hope for the hard surface with floor mats. I don't think anyone who just wants the Cybertruck as a daily driver, road trip, or camping vehicle will lose any comfort if they don't have a fully carpeted floor, and it will make it much easier to clean for anyone using it as a work vehicle.
As one of those daily driver/camper users... Carpet is the worst flooring option for a car of any kind.
IMO the only thing carpet floors in cars is good for is sound deadening. Every vehicle I have ever owned the cheap OEM floor mats made of carpet come out and are replaced with something water proof, and the carpet under them has always been a major point of annoyance for me. A pain to clean and it offers no real benefit. Give me a hard surface floor any day in any vehicle for any use case.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Willing to bet it won't come with a spare. The under bed storage hatch pretty much confirms it, since that's the only place it could go. Nothing stopping you from buying an old used rim and tire and throwing it in the bed.
You are probably correct since a full size spare would be fairly large.

I really don’t have any idea what is going on under the bed but I wonder if CT1 and CT2 could have more space between the vault cover assembly and this rectangular hole to work with. This is assuming CT3 is using a larger battery pack or a second pack and not a magical more power dense battery. Even if the depth of unused space in CT1 and CT2 is not enough for a spare, I still would like a way to use it.

Tesla Cybertruck Will the truck come with a full size spare? 1622738885942

cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
It seems to me that a lot of people don't realize how large a 35 x 12.5 tire is. On my 3/4 ton truck, I have to deflate the tire fully to get it to fit in the spare tire area. The F150 lightning comes with a 33" tire (32.8" diameter to be exact) and it barely fits in that compartment behind the drivetrain and suspension.
Tesla Cybertruck Will the truck come with a full size spare? 1622745752347

Maybe the CT has more space due to larger bed? I'd hope so and that the compartment below the bed can have enough space to store a spare. I like others have never needed the spare on my current truck, but I bought a 5th tire and wheel when I replaced my factory wheel/tire combo and figured out how to get it mounted in the spare area for peace of mind. Having it stored underneath means it is always accessible, even when the truck is loaded down with stuff in the bed. It also means it gets all kinds of road debris on it. Maybe that flat cover that goes over the entire bottom of the truck can have a flip down or drop down piece that exposes a spare tire so we don't have to take up bed space but we still get the aero and cleaning benefits of a smooth bottomed truck.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
No spare in prototype. Hoping it is added to final version. One of the few advantages to the Lightning imho.
if the advantage an E150 has is a spare, that speaks volumes to how underwhelming the Ford is.
Sponsored