Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Canada can be peaceful because they have a strong democratic neighbor. They also have a crap load of valuable natural resources with low population density to pump up their way of life.

Canadians are great and they have a pretty sweet gig.
Wasn’t sweet gig growing into that way of life. Canadians were not allowed to buy a refrigerator in 60’s Canada. So my family would load one into the fishing boat under tarp to take up to our Ontario host where we fished on the Red River above Lake of the Woods.
Canadians aren’t wealthy by American standards when fourth richest is the FORD dealer in Calgary. That is what makes Canadians more friendly, homogeneous in contrast to have-have not America where healthcare plays as a health for wealth transaction. Canadians for most part all have a common shared narrative right down to the healthcare in which they all suffer equally.
To be sure, Canadians snowbird to locales few Americans can afford or enjoy but that’s the distinction. Canadians get together over drinks call up an air carrier(Canadian) ask how much to charter a whole plane to Panama. Americans who would not find that many friends are left paying retail high season rates to fly off to the Caribbean are few. So Florida and Disneyworld punch their tickets.
Sponsored

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Country flag
Essentially what I suggested! Only I included the option to software limit 4motor to 2 motors!
KISS, Elon would eliminate OTA update ‘cuz weak bridge to customer. Tesla can software enable right on the monitor enabling the consumer to control his Cybertruck configuration and simply paying his Tesla Supercc for the amount consumed same bill that he pays for charging(aka pay-as-you-go).
A first step toward Robo…

JStat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model Y
Country flag
Man, it must be Canadians bash on US citizens week or something. Damn, missed that on our calendar
I mean wow. Peace and love huh?
🤣🤣.
So I decided to look it up.

Why Canada is known for peace?

Canada's lead role as a peaceful nation is due to the consistent devaluation of internal conflict and violence, resulting in the promotion of unity, interpersonal harmony amongst its citizens, and sustainable development. This attitude is what made it the ideal destination for people worldwide.

Really? Hmmm. That’s not the energy I’m getting. 😉
If I understand it correctly---and this this subject is beyond the normal construct of the article---Canada has laws which make it illegal to, in essence, be mean.
I came across this and asked the wife: "If Canadians have laws that force them to be nice, what kind of savages are they?"
Remember, people, tongue-in-cheek.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Country flag
Okay, this helps to keep me off a ledge. This I can deal with.

Screenshot 2022-08-06 114621.png
To help widen your thinest of ledges, Tesla priced the Cybertruck in 2019. It did not estimate. Tesla not only knew Cybertruck COGS it also had to have in-hand contracts to lock-in its prices.
SO you are left with a residual inflationary impact on Cybertruck which leaves you standing owing a fraction of that amount that super-duper calculator shows you.
THUS that ledge just grew at least 33% wider knowing Tesla locked-in its pricing back in 2020.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Wasn’t sweet gig growing into that way of life. Canadians were not allowed to buy a refrigerator in 60’s Canada. So my family would load one into the fishing boat under tarp to take up to our Ontario host where we fished on the Red River above Lake of the Woods.
I cannot find any reference to that in history.

-Crissa

johnbeans

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 RWD, Y AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Are you advocating ~10% of existing 1.*MM RN’s switch or else? Even if its a $20k USD Cybermail?
‘Cuz crazy, is who RN-type people are?

You onboarded Cybertruckownersclub.com a year after the Launch Party. You haven’t been paying attention. This cohort leans Boomer and the next largest is <30yrs. IIRC.

Cybertruck is the sole reason these owners bought-in because it wasn’t crazy as OEM’s dinosaur party.
We have very early Model 3 and Model Y VINS, and I was an early member of Tesla Owners Online. Perhaps late to this site, but very experienced in “waiting for the new model to finally arrive” and all of the speculation and rumors and worries that go along with that.

Lessons we learned with Model 3 in 2016-2018:
1. It will look like what they have shown
2. It will take longer than planned
3. It will cost more than planned
4. Initial quality issues will be over-hyped
5. You will love it more than you expected

repoman

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Performance S, Plaid X, Cybertruck # less then 100
Occupation
Software
Country flag
You're double-counting last year. This year hasn't finished, and inflation is listed year-over-year.

-Crissa
you again don't know what your talking about.

Tesla Cybertruck Musk: "Cybertruck pricing and specs will be different, but it will be a damn fine product." Screenshot 2022-08-06 111447

OP
OP
Alpine

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is true. I got in line as soon as ordering opened last summer. I was sent a configurator in January of this year and my pro f150 would have been built in may/june and delivered soon after. I cancelled thinking CT production was starting in '22.

I regret that decision because i could have easly sold it for a profit or just enjoyed it waiting on ct

repoman

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Performance S, Plaid X, Cybertruck # less then 100
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Except he said no such thing.

He very specifically did not.

Go back. Nowhere did he say the price would increase.

-Crissa
Since you obviously cant read whats in the news, I pull the 47 seconds clip from the shareholders meeting so you can hear for yourself. PRICING WILL INCREASE.

• Wow
Reactions: Rix
OP
OP
Alpine

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Your Seinna is up by $7k in a few months, yet you would not pay $6k more for a "damn fire product" you ordered 3 years ago? Not following that logic!
I said i would. Read again

Status
Not open for further replies.