Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
I wonder if shades retract down

that is exactly what I said years back!
It would look amazing with suicide doors
Suicide doors LOOK cool but they REALLY suck to get out of if both front and rear passengers are getting out. Forget trying to get something out of the backseat if you are parked near someone else. Absolute hell (speaking from an F-150 perspective)

Absolute pain in the ass.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

BeleeEV

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
I don’t know if it’s been mentioned, but the new design on Franz’s shirt seems to backup no light over the windshield. Bad screen shot from last night.

Tesla Cybertruck INVESTOR DAY CYBERTRUCK BETA PRESENT! [w/ Walkaround Videos] 9A85CAC4-0347-4591-8E59-231FEB577633

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
5. This will be my last vehicle purchase, so I'll be paying the $7000 FSD.
Based on the content of Master Plan 3, there is a good chance that the CT will be the last vehicle purchase for the majority of us here. Tesla is going all in on robotaxi and making that network so cheap to operate that it will be relatively cost prohibitive to own your own vehicle.

Now, the CT has some other uses (off roading for one) that make the robotaxi idea less than ideal but if you were thinking you might be buying other vehicles, don't count your chickens just yet.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
My daughters argue "It depends on where you are going to post the video. Nobody wants to hold their phone sideways." I disagree, girls. I disagree.
I agree that "nobody" (in the teen sense of my friends are everyone and no one outside of that group counts) wants to hold their phone sideways. This is partially the fault of Apple design and how the iPhone works.

But I would argue that most everybody wants to WATCH videos where the phone was held sideways. Now since this everybody is seen as nobody in the producing side, I guess everybody's wants mean nothing.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
“And that’s why Tesla bought him a Cyber Eyeball!”
Combine Neuralink and Optimus cameras and you have a Cyber Eyeball. Elon has been planning for this scenario.

Don Kedick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3LR, Escalade
Country flag
Texas here. Bought my M3 in Fort Worth where I live. They trucked it up from Houston. Gave me $540 off and delivered it to my house 15 minutes away from the service center. What they can’t do is put your temp license plate on the bracket, they have to tape it to the back window. Otherwise I could have picked it up myself at the service center.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Suicide doors LOOK cool but they REALLY suck to get out of if both front and rear passengers are getting out. Forget trying to get something out of the backseat if you are parked near someone else. Absolute hell (speaking from an F-150 perspective)

I suspect that you are speaking about the modern incarnation of suicide doors where the front door is conventional but the back door is a suicide configuration. If so, I totally agree.

Back in the day though things were different. You know, back in the horse and buggy days... Back then all the doors on the buggy were configured suicide (well, as much a standard as any standards that existed back then).

In a modern vehicle, if ALL the doors were a suicide configuration, then the issues you talk about would be no more a problem than if all the doors were conventional as most vehicles are set up these days.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I suspect that you are speaking about the modern incarnation of suicide doors where the front door is conventional but the back door is a suicide configuration. If so, I totally agree.

Back in the day though things were different. You know, back in the horse and buggy days... Back then all the doors on the buggy were configured suicide (well, as much a standard as any standards that existed back then).

In a modern vehicle, if ALL the doors were a suicide configuration, then the issues you talk about would be no more a problem than if all the doors were conventional as most vehicles are set up these days.
I think the thing people like isn’t the reversed doors, but the big opening. The kind you only see in creeper vans anymore.

Just replace them all with sliders or gull wings and it’s not a problem.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Based on the content of Master Plan 3, there is a good chance that the CT will be the last vehicle purchase for the majority of us here. Tesla is going all in on robotaxi and making that network so cheap to operate that it will be relatively cost prohibitive to own your own vehicle.

Now, the CT has some other uses (off roading for one) that make the robotaxi idea less than ideal but if you were thinking you might be buying other vehicles, don't count your chickens just yet.
OR, instead of having a stable full of vehicles in my household (we currently have 4 working, with 2 nonworking). We could have 2. One to share responsibility with a powerwall for the solar panels to store energy. And one to share between 5 adults to run around town. Both Cybertrucks could take turns being plugged into the house.

Last edited:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I think the thing people like isn’t the reversed doors, but the big opening. The kind you only see in creeper vans anymore.

Just replace them all with sliders or gull wings and it’s not a problem.
Every solution has it's pro-con matrix. I agree that the opening size is really the feature. How the door opens is an implementation detail. And everyone will have their own view of which feature version they like.

For instance, I have always wanted a gull wing car. Once I get the funds together, I am planning to buy a MX over a MY primarily because of the doors. Gotta own one of those before I die.

But on a day to day basis I drive a Sienna so sliding doors are a staple.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
Mirrors. I had a thought today during a meeting and wanted to share it with the group.

Elon doesn't want mirrors because of the drag. Others don't want them for the looks. I mean, even if you prefer camera view, having the mirrors on doesn't mean you can't have cameras. My Model Y has both...

Anyway, I thought of a compromise. Don't get hung up on the shape I'm using in this rudimentary drawing (I don't have anything better at work)
Tesla Cybertruck INVESTOR DAY CYBERTRUCK BETA PRESENT! [w/ Walkaround Videos] 1677786310290

- In Towing mode, the mirror looks and acts like any mirror you'd find on a number of pickups. It's convex at the bottom to help eliminate blind spots. Heck, it could even be telescopic to see past trailers.
- The almost J shape to the left of the three positions is the passenger door.
- The top of the first image is mirrored. If you were to look straight down at the mirror, you'd see yourself in the small mirror up there.
-With the touch of a button or automatically based on speed or maybe GPS mapping, The mirror would rotate 90 degrees so the main mirror face is now facing the ground. The small mirrors on top are now your "legally required" mirrors. Or, if you'd rather call them your highway mirrors, that's fine. They would be like little stubby wings. If you were to stand off to the side of the Cybertruck, you'd see that the mirror has its flat side facing down and it's wing-shaped section that used to face forward is now the upper face.
- When parked, the mirror folds back like most higher-end trucks.

- I've picked a squared off oval shape for the mirror but in reality, it would have a more pleasing shape.
- Designing a motor driven mirror control to both twist the stalk 90 degrees from Towing to Aero mode is simple enough and the folding process is well established. Having a mirror that does both would be the only trick and I don't think that would be all that hard for Tesla to develop.

What do you guys think about this idea? I know there is the "I don't want mirrors at all" group but for those who know they will have to have them or for those of us who actually want mirrors, how do you feel about this compromise?

If I had a hotline to Elon...

Thanks for indulging my flight of fancy!

Last edited:

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag

I think it was solarwizard that made somewhat of the same statement about it being a “not a great idea” afterreading both points, I can totally see why it would be a bad idea. looks cool like you said, but practical for CT? Not even close.
Sponsored