BayouCityBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Country flag
I think we'll see price pretty much sticking to the original quote.
I took a look Iat the price history for Model Y.
And I so that current price is pretty much what it started with in 2019!

There's no reason the Cybertruck shouldn't adhere to the same price graph basically:
Great analysis. I agree that we will see it stay there. I think it will be $69k for the quad. I think the Tri is gone.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
No one is floating the idea/possibility that the open space up there is for the tonneau cover to roll up into? Maybe they engineering challenge of having both a folding midgate AND a rollaway tonneau cover was too complicated...so the cover now hides up into the roof area??
I always thought this design allows CT's bald head to have a hat on for those hot sunny days while going topless on the bed and may be easier to service when the thing craps out.

Last edited:

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
I'll take a vertical video over no video. But OMG. Horizontal video is WAAAAAYYYY better than vertical.
My daughters argue "It depends on where you are going to post the video. Nobody wants to hold their phone sideways." I disagree, girls. I disagree.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
My daughters argue "It depends on where you are going to post the video. Nobody wants to hold their phone sideways." I disagree, girls. I disagree.
Spoken like someone who has never held a real camera! so sad.

Futuro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
It doesnt slide under the roof. The pictures of the bed you can see the curve in the track goes to under the cab/bed.
You are totally right. that thing above the sun visors I think is a sunshade and not the back bed cover. Thats a lot of glass above your head. would make sense that they would have some type of sunshade. Similar to what F150's with double moonroofs have.

C3y3ber

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model S 100D
Country flag
I'm waiting for someone with measurement app to measure the dimensions of the bed of this one.
Looks great but cramped. Bed too narrow also. Hard to imagine a quad or anything needing a ramp in there. Rear window needs to be removable

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
It would look amazing with suicide doors
...and work terribly

No way can that be final design, really dangerous for adults never mind kids.
I have 0 concerns with this. All tailgates have corners. It's the damn trailer hitch that will get your shins. But again, that's all hitches, not a specific concern to the CT.

Bluechip506

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Mazda CX9, Mazda Miata
Country flag
Looks great but cramped. Bed too narrow also. Hard to imagine a quad or anything needing a ramp in there. Rear window needs to be removable
Most quads are under the 48" in width and should fit fine. It really depends on bed length if it fits with the tailgate open or closed. It might have to be backed in depending on the height of front/back end and the roof overhang.

Rallo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Cadillac XT5
Country flag
I suspect the narrowing is due to rear steering.
I’m thinking it’s due to the 3%-5% reduction. Before the wheels may have been further out to eliminate the need for wheel wells. But now the narrowing is basically used in place of wheel wells…I’m guessing.

C3y3ber

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model S 100D
Country flag
Most quads are under the 48" in width and should fit fine. It really depends on bed length if it fits with the tailgate open or closed. It might have to be backed in depending on the height of front/back end and the roof overhang.
Side x side. And a quad would just fit if you are lucky. My can am would be riding the sides
Sponsored