Giga Texas employee: Cybertruck deliveries should start Jan 2023 with crash/test vehicles produced later this year.

TexasTesla

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
OP is from Charlotte, the plants in Austin. Maybe a friend that works there or something, but I'm calling bull.
Sponsored

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
From Giga Texas employee:

Cybertruck deliveries should start 01 23' with crash/test vehicles being produced later this
year.

Tesla truly is taking this time (2022) to absolutely crush
everyone on software. We should significant improvements in all possible software areas for all
vehicles/users.

In addition, Tesla employees get ESD for free and they are now launching a program (starting in Austin) where coworkers can get together to give other Tesla employees educational tips on FSD so that more of them opt into FSD beta for free.
Isn't this basically what Elon said in the earnings call? Crash test vehicles before production would be expected.

The first 20,000 res holders will hopefully be getting letters in July. Do you want upgrade to the Quad Plaid?

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, GTS1000,FJR1300, Aprillia Scarabeo,
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
By the time we get it it will be a 1500 HP Quad Plaid .......and worth the wait.

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilatus PC-12, 2016 Bolt, 2024 Forester
Occupation
Temporarily unRetired
Country flag
From Giga Texas employee:

Cybertruck deliveries should start 01 23' with crash/test vehicles being produced later this
year.

Tesla truly is taking this time (2022) to absolutely crush
everyone on software. We should significant improvements in all possible software areas for all
vehicles/users.

In addition, Tesla employees get ESD for free and they are now launching a program (starting in Austin) where coworkers can get together to give other Tesla employees educational tips on FSD so that more of them opt into FSD beta for free.
Sure, that was why Musk was noncommittal about the Cybertruck being produced anytime during 2023.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Sure, that was why Musk was noncommittal about the Cybertruck being produced anytime during 2023.
He said it was most likely in 2023.

My feeling is he doesn’t want to commit to anything when there are so many factors outside his control which can screw up timelines. For example, last time he committed to a timeline on products there was a global pandemic and massive supply chain knock offs which people feel compelled to pin on him.

Now we’re seeing war in Europe which may also cause supply chain issues and knock on effects. I’m sure if this turns into an even bigger mess, it’ll still be Tesla and Elon’s fault if there are more delays.

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It's his fault and he's late until I have delivery of my truck - then all will be forgiven as it will be awesome!!! Meanwhile I'll off-road my lowered M3P! :)

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Pics or it didn’t happen.

That said, this is all realistic.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Heard a similar rumor from Whole Mars Catalog on twitter. He has in the past had some good connections.

If true, should see some on public roads sometime in the late summer/ fall.

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
Isn't this basically what Elon said in the earnings call? Crash test vehicles before production would be expected.

The first 20,000 res holders will hopefully be getting letters in July. Do you want upgrade to the Quad Plaid?
No, I can't see paying more for the quad/plaid. Just give me my tri motor with FSD at position 4200 please!

Girthy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck ordered
Occupation
Mechanic
Country flag
There is no Tri motor. Quad four wheel drive or dual rear wheel drive. Take your pick.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
There is no Tri motor. Quad four wheel drive or dual rear wheel drive. Take your pick.
I wouldn't be surprised if you are right. 4x2x2 and 4x4x4 will likely be the only configuration choices as they are significantly different enough to warrant their own model and pricing.

But in saying that they might all become quad motors first, with a base and performance model with different pack sizes, power electronics but the same mechanical drivetrain and plaid motors.

A dual motor 4x4 just seems less likely if they only ditch two motors from the front and rear assembly, but for that have to add a differential and provide power train etc to the front. Motors aren't the only cost.
Sponsored