MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
A friend of mine bought a mach-E vs a model Y after test driving both. He said the same thing. The seats made the difference for him.
my gf just got rid of her mach E.
She loved it to death and it was (I think) grabber blue which is a truly spectacular color. I absolutely agree that there’s a big difference in seat comfort between the two.
Sponsored

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
Country flag
The problem with heavy bolstering on a daily use car or truck is it makes it difficult to slide in and out of the vehicle. While heavy bolstering is a big plus on a track car, IMO, not really needed for driving on public roads.

My Model 3 actually has a good amount of bolstering, but no one would mistake it for a racing seat. It's actually the most comfortable seat of any car I've ever driven. And that's saying a lot. I hope the Cybertruck seats are just as comfortable and without excessive bolstering. It's intended use is not track driving, although I'm sure we will see Cybertrucks at the track!

its all a personal preference but I love the feeling of sitting in a seat vs on it. A raptors seats dont have that huge slide over hump like a sports car does but they do hug the ribs more than standard seats and for a truck thats built “to kick butt in baja” according to elon, keeping the head from
Whomping against the glass when the whoops arrive or even taking a 45* angle off a curb is much appreciated by me.
My new business partner has an Urus. While I found those seats to be super comfy, sliding in and out isn’t the easiest,

Tesla Cybertruck đź’¬ Cybertruck production starting next week (month of June) confirmed by Tesla manufacturing engineer at Automate trade show IMG_3897

HAL GALLUS

First Name
HAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MODLE 3
Country flag
this would seem about as expected, if Tesla is targeting a delivery event in late September

3+ months between now and September to finish the line (before “next month”), then do a shake out of the line, before starting to build initial inventory
How do we know they are not doing test runs already?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
A Tesla Owner's Manual is never finalized. It grows and expands with the features and functionality added to your car via OTA updates the longer you own it.
In fact, it's usually a bit out of date.

Me too, but it's certainly not 'pictures' ^-^

-Crissa

HAL GALLUS

First Name
HAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MODLE 3
Country flag
How do I know they are not doing whatever “test run” means to you?

No clue
testing the assembly line and producing the finished CYBERTRUCKS making sure all
the automation is ready to go. for when they hit the switch.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
testing the assembly line and producing the finished CYBERTRUCKS making sure all
the automation is ready to go. for when they hit the switch.
In that case, I don’t *know* more than anyone else, but if GTX were ready rolling completed CTs off the line - even imperfect ones for a shakeout - it seems like we would have seen more evidence by now

Choose your own adventure

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
my gf just got rid of her mach E.
She loved it to death and it was (I think) grabber blue which is a truly spectacular color. I absolutely agree that there’s a big difference in seat comfort between the two.
Curious why your girlfriend ditched her Mach-e already?

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
Country flag
Curious why your girlfriend ditched her Mach-e already?
her brother’s CRV finally quit with a ton of miles on it. He’s got 6 kids and works his keister off as an ER nurse in arizona. We were in a position to bless him with a much nicer 90 mile round trip commute, so we did it.
recently i installed solar on his roof and I included an ev charger. He asked why and I simply said to future proof the home just in case but in reality i intended to do this the whole time, it just happened a little sooner than anticipated.

he might as well be my brother in law at this point and I love his kids as if they were my own.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
her brother’s CRV finally quit with a ton of miles on it. He’s got 6 kids and works his keister off as an ER nurse in arizona. We were in a position to bless him with a much nicer 90 mile round trip commute, so we did it.
recently i installed solar on his roof and I included an ev charger. He asked why and I simply said to future proof the home just in case but in reality i intended to do this the whole time, it just happened a little sooner than anticipated.

he might as well be my brother in law at this point and I love his kids as if they were my own.
Good job! So, what did your GF replace her Mach-e with?

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
Country flag
Good job! So, what did your GF replace her Mach-e with?
she’s back to driving the mazda 6 she’s had since we met. She loves the car, its a really pretty red, dead reliable and we’ve kept it around for the the same kids referenced above to drive once they are of age.

This is the intended replacement

Tesla Cybertruck đź’¬ Cybertruck production starting next week (month of June) confirmed by Tesla manufacturing engineer at Automate trade show IMG_3961

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I wasn’t at all convinced that was even part of the Cybertruck (in the photo by the aeroacoustic test bed), but given the gaps in front now that weren’t in the first prototype (and of course that it makes sense) I believe it will open that way. I just hope it will be automatic.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Production starting next month makes sense. It’s going to be very slow to start.

Keep in mind Model Y started production in Texas in December but they didn’t have the launch event until March. Even then supply was so limited they didn’t add it to the page.

TexasRaider

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag
its all a personal preference but I love the feeling of sitting in a seat vs on it. A raptors seats dont have that huge slide over hump like a sports car does but they do hug the ribs more than standard seats and for a truck thats built “to kick butt in baja” according to elon, keeping the head from
Whomping against the glass when the whoops arrive or even taking a 45* angle off a curb is much appreciated by me.
My new business partner has an Urus. While I found those seats to be super comfy, sliding in and out isn’t the easiest,

IMG_3897.jpeg
That’s important to be reminded of. I am reminded of it each time my older and over 6’ tall parents enter and exit vehicles.
Sponsored