Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Austin Model Y LR, Subie Fozzie & Cybertruck day1
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just imagine all the paint shops licking their lips. "Here comes another white Tesla boss". :D
Actually the Pearl White color has several advantages. White is the safest color according to accident statistics (even in the winter) (and black is the most dangerous). White cars are much cooler in the summer (and black is the hottest). This also makes white cars more efficient (and thus have longer range) in hot weather. To add insult to injury, white paint has less pigment added and is stronger than darker colors (the darker the paint, the more pigment and less durable). Physics matters.
Sponsored

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
This is a huge drop for some Models, the Model Y LR is now $53k putting it under the limit to get the rebate.

Model 3 is down to $43k which puts it just over $36k after the rebate.

Pretty awesome. We’re going to see a pretty massive wait list again.

1673585390787.png
First I have to say " I called it" There is a link between Model Y and CT pricing. The price of the Y had to come down. I still see a 5-10% increase in the original pricing of the CT offset a little with 4ws.

I didn't know how Tesla was going to do it. This is a bold surprise and a good move. Get the pain over with. In China there were actually protest on the price drop because people were angry that they overpaid.

To those that paid a premium for their Y over the last couple years I think we can say thank you. You furthered the mission of transitioning to sustainable energy and helped the construction/development of the super efficient factories and models we now see. This may be a small consolation for paying a $10k premium, but hopefully you enjoyed your rig over the last year or so.

I wish Tesla would have some emotional intelligence and offer you guys something. Free FSD upgrade for 3 years or $2500 off your next Tesla etc. Something like that.

NJturtlePower

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3 Stealth Performance
Country flag
Nice clean reference listing..... 🤑

Tesla Cybertruck 💰 Huge Price Cut on all new Teslas. Implications for Cybertruck pricing? 1673633759642

Beyond

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Austin Model Y LR, Subie Fozzie & Cybertruck day1
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
First I have to say " I called it" There is a link between Model Y and CT pricing. The price of the Y had to come down. I still see a 5-10% increase in the original pricing of the CT offset a little with 4ws.

To those that paid a premium for their Y over the last couple years I think we can say thank you. You furthered the mission of transitioning to sustainable energy and helped the construction/development of the super efficient factories and models we now see. This may be a small consolation for paying a $10k premium, but hopefully you enjoyed your rig over the last year or so.

I wish Tesla would have some emotional intelligence and offer you guys something. Free FSD upgrade for 3 years or $2500 off your next Tesla etc. Something like that.
I received my Model Y LR in September, 2022 and it's a fantastic vehicle, well worth the price (ordered in late 2021 though so not that high a price and no regrets). That said it would be a nice gesture for Tesla to offer a discounted FSD purchase or a subscription to FSD for a certain amount of time. Very few people sprang for FSD due to its cost. The FSD subscription rate appears to be under 20%. Tesla would be losing very little and would gain a LOT of goodwill with this gesture.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The big question is, will this make $TSLA go up or down?

Buy or hold?
Little dip today. We’ll get more flavor on the earnings call that will turn this into background noise.

Tesla’s huge run up in pricing allowed them to start up 2 brand new factories and maintain 26% margin. Now the run up is nearing completion their cost of goods sold on these starts to drop.

I think Tesla will be able to maintain 20%+ margins even with this drop. There are a lot of other events coming up in the next few weeks which will have a big impact.

Most automakers are down 4-8% Ford and GM down ~5% each. Tesla is only down 2%.

Markets seem to know where the bigger damage will be.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I foresee a $7,500 price increase for the Cybertruck ;)

And by the time they are delivered most people will pay that at the time of delivery.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
the price cut is enough for me to seriously pulling the trigger on a 3 or Y. Even a used 3 I have my eye on with FSD. If new, not pulling the trigger on FSD.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I foresee a $7,500 price increase for the Cybertruck ;)

And by the time they are delivered most people will pay that at the time of delivery.
Like Magic isn't it. I see why Elon doesn't like incentives. It made judging the market that much harder. The sales crash in December was difficult to manage. The March changes will be similar. I suppose it works out in the end tho.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
When price increased, investors panic drive stock down. Supply chain issues!
when price is decreased, investors panic drive stock down. Sales are being affected!

wind blows from the south and switched from the west. PANIC

investor mass has weak constitutions and panic at the slightest movement. 😁

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
If you are not willing to swap wheels or to get the car wrapped after purchase then look for a SR Model Y AWD in inventory that matches what you want.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
The configuration threshold is to qualify for the tax credit. Base were still reduced and the purchaser still takes advantage of the price reduction.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Decision time, need t9 go sit in a 3 and Y again tonight

Either going to be a 3 performance, gray (black pushes out of rebate territory)
or LR Y with color. Maybe change rims after market since the rim package pushes out of rebate territory.

not pulling the trigger on enhance or FSD at this time. If FSD was 7K, I would pull the trigger. At 15k, I will think about it more.

Daddystired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
people bought Tesla model 3/y past 2 years must be sad. Very likely, trimotor Cybertruck will qualify for tax credit.
I bought my model y early 2021. Paid 54k- same set up now cost 59k. I bummed because it was valued at 70k yesterday but nothing i can do about it lol. Still going to trade it in for the Cybertruck

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
I bought my model y early 2021. Paid 54k- same set up now cost 59k. I bummed because it was valued at 70k yesterday but nothing i can do about it lol. Still going to trade it in for the Cybertruck
Got a Model Y Performance in October. Not upset one bit. I knew I would like it but not nearly as much as I have. It really does change your perspective compared to ICE.
Sponsored