Expected Cybertruck pricing / price at launch?

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Last edited:

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Lightning starting price now up to $56k, a 40% increase since launch price. https://electrek.co/2022/12/15/ford-f-150-lightning-price-increase/
I feel pretty lucky to have ordered and been delivered ten lightning Pros @ $47xxx with the most important options imo. For our use they are great I wish I’d ordered more but at the time it was a mega gamble in my eyes. #Hindsight

i don’t know this at all to be true but it is possible that ford is going to include more equipment than the 22 model years had? The stuff I added, Pro Power, step gate, work console, max towing (cooling boost) should be standard equipment for people to really maximize their utility especially for contractors

That being said “more equipment” is why I don’t like hearing about mid gates, sail storage, steam etc for the CT. The base truck is likely all most people can even stretch to afford.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I feel pretty lucky to have ordered and been delivered ten lightning Pros @ $47xxx with the most important options imo. For our use they are great I wish I’d ordered more but at the time it was a mega gamble in my eyes. #Hindsight

i don’t know this at all to be true but it is possible that ford is going to include more equipment than the 22 model years had? The stuff I added, Pro Power, step gate, work console, max towing (cooling boost) should be standard equipment for people to really maximize their utility especially for contractors

That being said “more equipment” is why I don’t like hearing about mid gates, sail storage, steam etc for the CT. The base truck is likely all most people can even stretch to afford.
I think this is still MY23 truck. In other words all three price hikes apply to the same truck with the same options. The only thing added to 23 was heated seat for which they posted a higher range. They did however remove features I liked due to chip shortage like scale that would tell you where you are within the limits of your truck capacity. And made some included items like mobile charger optional ($500). When they did the bate and switch on the first invitation by saying Pro is not available to order, I was about to cancel my order but since I was already refunded my deposit, there was no cost to extending my reservation so I kept it. I am glad I did. Even though I am not a Ford fan at all and it would be last on my list of reservations, after test driving one, I was sold. The thing is buttery smooth and quiet. I thought Vinal seats would be repulsive but they were not bad at all. Depending on which side of new year I take delivery, it would be $20K-$23K savings.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

For the record, Sail Pillar Storage is not “More Equipment”. It was in the original spec and is still on the Cybertruck web page. It is the base truck and always has been.

“Space for your toolbox, tire and Cyberquad, with room to spare. Utilize 100 cubic feet of exterior, lockable storage — including the under-bed, frunk and sail pillars”​

Aside from that, I totally agree with you. It’s a truck. It needs to be the kind of vehicle a contract buys 10 of for their HVAC business.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Not good news for CT pricing. I was hoping since Tesla forced lower price on Ford, Ford could return the favor.
The two are mutually exclusive, but I don't have to touch the pan to know it's hot.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Not good news for CT pricing. I was hoping since Tesla forced lower price on Ford, Ford could return the favor.
Ford is reacting to demand which makes sense for Ford, Ford can make 15,000 - 25,000 trucks a year and the only competition they have right now is Rivian making another 25,000 or so trucks a year.

Tesla needs to sell hundreds of thousands of trucks per year. It’s an order of magnitude difference. You can’t maintain pricing and increase sales 10x.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ford is reacting to demand which makes sense for Ford, Ford can make 15,000 - 25,000 trucks a year and the only competition they have right now is Rivian making another 25,000 or so trucks a year.

Tesla needs to sell hundreds of thousands of trucks per year. It’s an order of magnitude difference. You can’t maintain pricing and increase sales 10x.
I agree. Ford is shooting for 150K by end of 23 but even if they succeed and CT remps up as planned by then, there will still be more demand than supply and now that all manufacturers got a taste of what that is like, they will do their best to keep consumers hungry. The only thing that can get us out of this price hike craze is enough supplies and competition. we will see how long it will take to get there.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag

Yea, that 150k claim is.. tall.

How many Mach E's have they made again? I think they MAY get 40k units this year?

Neighbor bought one in September, JUST TOLD HOLD HER OVER TIL SHE GETS HER Y..... Which she's now getting 3750 off on and 10k free supercharging miles hha

good luck Ford!
Sponsored