ModelAZ

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag
Ford just cut the F-150 Lightning's price today to starting at below $50K today. Here is Musk's comment on that --

"The Ford Lightning is a good vehicle, just somewhat expensive, especially given the high interest rates these days for any kind of loan"

I wonder if this gives us any hints into intended Cybertruck pricing.... 🤔

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pricing hinted by Musk's comment on "expensive" F-150 Lightning (even after today's $10K price cut)? 🤔 is-elon-indicating-a-50k-cybertruck-v0-0edb8apy6kcb1
Sponsored

braddibbnd

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 Ram, 23 Tesla MY
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well, I think this is really good news for those worried about Cybertruck pricing. Does this mean Tesla has to match Ford pricing? I don't think so as I believe the CT will be a much better truck. But Ford also has competition coming from Chevy also and the F150 is their lifeblood. Bit tired of the speculation on price/configuration for the CT, but I think Tesla will have to consider how competitive they want to price the CT. And dropping the F150 price by $7000 to $10000 is just good news for everybody. Maybe Ford can move some off their dealer lots.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Inb4 the rich people compare the CT to X prices and cite demand

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Well, I think this is really good news for those worried about Cybertruck pricing. Does this mean Tesla has to match Ford pricing? I don't think so as I believe the CT will be a much better truck. But Ford also has competition coming from Chevy also and the F150 is their lifeblood. Bit tired of the speculation on price/configuration for the CT, but I think Tesla will have to consider how competitive they want to price the CT. And dropping the F150 price by $7000 to $10000 is just good news for everybody. Maybe Ford can move some off their dealer lots.
All the lightnings on the lots here have standard range battery. I wouldn't buy that

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
Ford just cut the F-150 Lightning's price today to starting at below $50K today. Here is Musk's comment on that --

"The Ford Lightning is a good vehicle, just somewhat expensive, especially given the high interest rates these days for any kind of loan"

I wonder if this gives us any hints into intended Cybertruck pricing.... 🤔

is-elon-indicating-a-50k-cybertruck-v0-0edb8apy6kcb1.jpg
Damn, you beat me to this. I was just watching a video about this on Dirty Tesla’s YouTube channel.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
either way one interprets this is encouraging:

"Lightning is expensive [period]" - suggests a lower MSRP for CT

or

"Lightning is expensive for what you get " - suggests MSRPs for CT could be equal or higher, but the value proposition will be significant.

either way, love the vibes all-around (including the developing vibes between Musk and Farley)

MEWoodsMFG

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Chrysler Town & Country
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
My Bold prediction;

Dual Motor $39,900
Tri-Motor $49,900

Even the most die hard Tesla haters will not be able to refuse the offer.
All of the lost truck sales for Ford and GM will be catastrophic for them...Game over.
Sponsored

Last edited: