Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think we are waiting for the cathode plant and working higher Energy 4680’s.
Sponsored

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Musk says Cybertruck will not have a significant impact on the bottom line in 2023.

There it is.

Sounds like the ideas we’ll have a super-optimistic ramp up are off the table. Maybe my 10k trucks number is even too aggressive.
Late in the call Musk answered a question about 1.8 million vehicles. And he basically said that was their low(sandbag) estimate, and he is thinking they could produce 2-2.1 million.

With that in mind, 20,000 Cybertrucks would be 1% of production. That's insignificant in my book. We are just gonna have to wait and see.

Last edited:
OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Wha

Late in the call Musk answered a question about 1.8 million vehicles. And he basically said that was their low(sandbag) estimate, and he is thinking they could produce 2-2.1 million.

With that in mind, 20,000 Cybertrucks would be 1% of production. That's insignificant in my book. We are just gonna have to wait and see.
Respectfully, don't count on it.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
Wha

I don't think so.

Elon usually over promises.

5,000-10,000 Cybertrucks by Christmas would be the over and under if I were betting.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
“More Beta Cybertrucks are coming next month.

Curious where all the currently completed Beta trucks are. Were the current Beta trucks assembled by a small team in a secret location and then loaded into trucks at night under the cloak of darkness? Are Tesla engineers performing validation testing at an undisclosed secret location away from prying eyes?
They're hidden in the Austin/AUS airport/GigaTexas Boring tunnel.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
This really only reinforces the expectations I've had for some time. Complete installation of equipment in winter, test equipment and train workers in spring, start producing in low volume in summer, be pushing full capacity by the end of the year.

And I still think we'll see around 25k-35k trucks this year. It will definitely start very slow, maybe a few hundred the first month, but will grow exponentially.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Where was that reported?
Someone tweeted it or something and it was shared here. People were wondering how it could happen without our fleet of drones catching them, but clearly it did, since they were built and no one saw it. Likely built in California.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
GoldenEye is being re-released on Nintendo Switch tomorrow.
I fully expect to wake up 26 years younger and stay up all night playing it.
Well, off to the steam deck I go!!!

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Tesla is guiding 1.8m vehicles for 2023. Hopefully its a sandbag number.

The big thing is getting a year free of chaos. No wars/ plague/ etc. Then we should see some major growth.
another 500k isn't major growth ?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

Maybe. Particular in light of how unprofitable early production vehicles are.

So long as we’re getting meaningful output by year end I don’t think it matters a whole lot.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
another 500k isn't major growth ?
As someone pointed out. Tesla produced 440k vehicles last quarter. 1.8m vehicles is just maintaining the production rate they had leaving 2022. So it would be essentially zero growth in capacity.

I don’t think that’s likely to happen. I think the 1.8m number was a lowball. That’s Tesla making a goal they know they can beat. After listening to 3 months of “Tesla is missing their estimate” and watching the stock price tumble and all the accusation and bullshit, they made it pretty explicit what to expect as a minimum.
Sponsored