BayouCityBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Country flag
The funny thing is I just realised the Cybertruck bed isnā€™t long enough to carry tatamis (for aikido practise) without them sticking out the back. Whereas the much shorter ID.Buzz was fine for that (after dropping seats) ā€” and thatā€™s the shorter European version! That realisation made me wince a bit. Thatā€™s the benefit of being able to expand the space by dropping seats.
Model Y from back of front seats to opening is between 83" - 73" depending on seat position, beating the CT for longer cargo. The fold-down seat configuration of an SUV is often more practical for the occasional cargo-carrying activity than a pickup. A Rivian R1S has a lot more cargo space with the seats folded than an R1T. A Ford Expedition Max carries a lot longer cargo than an F150. ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
The funny thing is I just realised the Cybertruck bed isnā€™t long enough to carry tatamis (for aikido practise) without them sticking out the back. Whereas the much shorter ID.Buzz was fine for that (after dropping seats) ā€” and thatā€™s the shorter European version! That realisation made me wince a bit. Thatā€™s the benefit of being able to expand the space by dropping seats.
Just pass it through the window lol

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
Unfortunately they sized the bed for play and not for work. 6ā€™ is pretty useless to trades people who work with pipe or lumber. Unless you make a cyber rack, 10ā€™ of pipe is not staying in the bed unless there was a pass through or something like that.

I looked at the Ford lightning and it too has an impractical bed size. Once again a play truck, not a work truck.

Who knows, by the time I actually get the opportunity to order 1, I might be playing more than working the past 48 years.

Rick

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Unfortunately they sized the bed for play and not for work. 6ā€™ is pretty useless to trades people who work with pipe or lumber. Unless you make a cyber rack, 10ā€™ of pipe is not staying in the bed unless there was a pass through or something like that.

I looked at the Ford lightning and it too has an impractical bed size. Once again a play truck, not a work truck.

Who knows, by the time I actually get the opportunity to order 1, I might be playing more than working the past 48 years.

Rick
Third parties will make some bed accessories to help I'm sure

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag

Rick
I may have been different but I had a new construction plumbing company in the 80's and I had all my pickup outfitted with racks. All pipe was loaded on that. Rarely did we ever throw it in the bed.

Last edited:

Setok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Defender
Country flag
Just pass it through the window lol
Thatā€™s assuming itā€™s possible. At the moment we have no info on that. And still itā€™s not enough for carrying more than a couple tatamis as the window is quite low.

JWass

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Sub 19' means a touch under 228". F150, Ram, Silverado, etc crew cab trucks are all 232". Rivian R1T is 217". The Ram Quad Cab is 229" with a 6'4" bed (cab is smaller than the crew). Ram Crew Cab 5'7" bed is also 229". The truck is a tiny bit smaller in length than a typical full size truck. Significantly longer than a R1T.
I would characterize 10 inches longer as ā€œsignificantly longerā€.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Oops. ā€œWouldnā€™tā€
That's like saying Brian o'Conner almost had Dominic Torreto in movie 1.

Or a 1 second faster 0-60 isn't much
Sponsored