MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
There is a difference between a emergency generator and a generator required for towing.
Not sure if you're being sarcastic but.....

The vehicle drives just the same if you never add a drop of fuel to it. The engine extends the range dramatically and reduces long distance towing to a standard gas station fill up.

I think its a great fit for anyone rural that tows and those in colder climates with range and or safety concerns or those who wanna save a bunch of gas daily but still roadtrip without planning
Sponsored

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
There is a difference between a emergency generator and a generator required for towing.
Not sure if you're being sarcastic but.....
You are splitting hairs. 92 kWh is a pretty big battery and larger than most.
The battery is similar in size to my Tesla Model X which I've towed a few times with. It just depends on how far you are going. Fishing boat to a nearby lake or horse trailer for a ride at a nearby park, etc, etc then you could do all grid electricity from the battery. No range anxiety even if you have to use a few gallons of gas on a slightly longer than battery range trip.

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
If that doesn't come...well...you know why I've already sold my TSLA stock...
If you sold your TSLA stock because of anything CT related, well, I don’t know what to tell you. But at least Jim Cramer is proud of you.

lowtek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid
Occupation
I do things.
Country flag
Pluses and minuses to all of this... So, the CT is not as impressive as many thought - including lack of truck like range (not 500 / very limited towing) and the specs released today are also let downs. That's only half the equation though. Good news = CT price must be the impressive news yet to come! I'll take these limitations at the great price news sure to come!

What limitations?
What's the range?
What's the towing capabilities?

Apparently you have some insider info other than some internet post claiming to be "leaks". Try waiting for some facts in an official statement from Tesla.

Love2Cyber

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model X, Cyber Tri-Motor
Country flag
If you sold your TSLA stock because of anything CT related, well, I don’t know what to tell you. But at least Jim Cramer is proud of you.
I hate Jim Cramer - an idiot... I sold because this product was unveiled 4 years ago and will not meet pricing or volume expectations... Yes - the success or failure of your most recent product does matter to your valuation as a company.

Or - I'll be pleasantly surprised by the product and will wish I didn't turn in my TSLA stock and take my 60% YTD return. I'm good with that too.

Love2Cyber

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model X, Cyber Tri-Motor
Country flag
What limitations?
What's the range?

Apparently you have some insider info other than some internet post claiming to be "leaks". Try waiting for some facts in an official statement from Tesla.
OP has insider connections and is feverishly defending the news today / responsible for every other reply here. Speculation and foresight is important - I choose that over blind ignorance and surprises.

canyoncarver

First Name
Nunya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
These specs combined with what is likely to be an astronomical price will work out for people who really really want one of these and don't want to wait 3-4 years to get it.

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
I hate Jim Cramer - an idiot... I sold because this product was unveiled 4 years ago and will not meet pricing or volume expectations... Yes - the success or failure of your most recent product does matter to your valuation as a company.

Or - I'll be pleasantly surprised by the product and will wish I didn't turn in my TSLA stock and take my 60% YTD return. I'm good with that too.
If matters only in the very short term. If you’re a day trader, cool. But savvy investors like Buffett don’t sweat little stuff like that.

And if you hate Cramer and consider him an idiot, think about this... He said the CT was going to be a disappointment, low volume production, and haul the stock price down. Which, unless I misunderstood you, is kinda what you just said.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Detailed specifications come from a trusted insider with privileged access to such details.

That may be true... but I'll wait for the official announcement.

Tesla Cybertruck 2024 Cybertruck Official Specs Leaked?! 😱 - Udated With Compare/Analysis 1699489565696

Crimson_Fate

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Pluses and minuses to all of this... So, the CT is not as impressive as many thought - including lack of truck like range (not 500 / very limited towing) and the specs released today are also let downs. That's only half the equation though. Good news = CT price must be the impressive news yet to come! I'll take these limitations at the great price news sure to come!

I believe that the towing is on par with what was promised for the 2 motor we don't know if the towing applies to the 3 motor version. We also don't know the exact payload but it looks like it could meet the 3k-3.5k range.

For the range we don't know the fate of the 500 mile version but it will be interesting to see if the range of the released versions is near 400. 350+ was promised for the 2 motor so 400 is a possibility and the ability to turn a 400 mile battery pack into a 500 mile battery pack is the difference of adding silicoln to the 4680's (same weight 15% more range ) .

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
What limitations?
What's the range?

Sounds like you doubt the validity
That’s your right I suppose

ςyb3®tЯμ¢kℓ|gh†n!ng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charger
Country flag
You are splitting hairs. 92 kWh is a pretty big battery and larger than most.
The battery is similar in size to my Tesla Model X which I've towed a few times with. It just depends on how far you are going. Fishing boat to a nearby lake or horse trailer for a ride at a nearby park, etc, etc then you could do all grid electricity from the battery. No range anxiety even if you have to use a few gallons of gas on a slightly longer than battery range trip.
As far as range goes, it's pretty impressive and probably beats most gas trucks too. The problem is this: The generator can also increase the power to the motor and gearbox when serious power is needed. If I'm towing something closer to the limits, won't it mean that the generator will likely need to always be on?

lowtek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid
Occupation
I do things.
Country flag

ςyb3®tЯμ¢kℓ|gh†n!ng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charger
Country flag
The vehicle drives just the same if you never add a drop of fuel to it. The engine extends the range dramatically and reduces long distance towing to a standard gas station fill up.

I think its a great fit for anyone rural that tows and those in colder climates with range and or safety concerns or those who wanna save a bunch of gas daily but still roadtrip without planning
The following line on their websites seems to imply something different. It seems like the generator can directly add power to the electric motors vs just power from the batteries so if you extrapolate that then the range and maximum towing and horsepower are only obtainable when the generator is on. If this is not the case, then your point about the portable generator is definitely a selling point.
https://www.ramtrucks.com/revolution/ram-1500-ramcharger.html
The generator can also increase the power to the motor and gearbox when serious power is needed.
Sponsored