John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, GTS1000,FJR1300, Aprillia Scarabeo,
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Keep in mind that ct steel will be cold rolled, which is a much higher quality steel. note the difference between the rule on a starret combination sqaure vs your standard, cheaper combo square rule
i couldn’t agree more.
Sponsored

ituner-HF

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S, X and 3, Waiting for Cybertruck
Country flag
So I ordered a piece of 5"x5"x3mm SS online, so I can see just what the CT skin/exo is going to look like, here it is. It's 304 stainless. This is definitely thicker than a quarter. Feels awesome in my hand. Kind of like having a piece of Cybertruck with me already. I'll take it.

20210728_205756.jpg
20210728_205800.jpg
For reference, most cars are built with 0.7-0.8mm thick steel.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
<Snip> Feels awesome in my hand. Kind of like having a piece of Cybertruck with me already. I'll take it.

20210728_205756.jpg
20210728_205800.jpg
Takeaway from great staging, feel and enthused quote is that S.S. portends a building ornamental then structural craze. Complementary to the Cyber, Elon and SpaceX. In particular, Cherry wood veneers, black marble and S.S. un-brushed started it all. LOL

Passé S.S. kitchen appliances are out, anything that moves, exterior facing, are in. Entry doors, garage, vertical siding accent walls like Starship’s - corrugated. Structurally, S.S. columns sq and round, Cyberframes exposed as exo-aesthetic and solar! Solar is the new Kitchen remodel of last century. See what you started?

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
note the difference between the rule on a starret combination sqaure vs your standard, cheaper combo square rule
here’s my starret blades, bought these 30 years ago when I started woodworking. Stored in my unconditioned shop. Hot/cold all day all year. I’ve found condensation on my sockets. But these are still pristine (smudges are pencil lead)

Tesla Cybertruck 304 stainless steel piece received. Taking partial delivery of Cybertruck/ Mobsters are threatening to return Cybertruck piece by piece 0446E2E2-2DC5-425D-926A-9632468481AD
Tesla Cybertruck 304 stainless steel piece received. Taking partial delivery of Cybertruck/ Mobsters are threatening to return Cybertruck piece by piece 3CA5E98E-0B9E-45DA-B66C-BC12E9A3B4AD
Tesla Cybertruck 304 stainless steel piece received. Taking partial delivery of Cybertruck/ Mobsters are threatening to return Cybertruck piece by piece CD3AE108-7D90-465A-A84B-861C7C593E2C

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Beautiful !!!!!

I would like hi resolution posters or images.

Has anybody ever seen source for hi resolution posters or images?
Isn’t that first car the one that rust valley restorers did in Canada. I was on their website about a year ago and you could actually buy that car. Originally a Ford dealership bought it then returned it.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I think the piece of SS OP bought has a brushed finish. Likely not what the CT will have IMO. There was a nice forum a few months back on various simple mill finish SS option and that looked more like the prototype than what OP is showing

carpedatum

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline, R1200RT, 4285 Express
Country flag
Love it! I think i'll buy a piece and place it in my yard. I'm 300 ft from the ocean so i can see how well it hold ups to salty air over time.
304 will tend to acquire some light surface rust over time in that climate (my boat, on Monterey Bay, likes to tell me about this) whereas 316 will not. Many metal polish products will take the rust off of 304 with ease. Since Tesla is planning on using its own alloy, I suppose we won't know how it holds up to salty air until someone drives a CT down to Starbase and parks it for a while... :)

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
304 will tend to acquire some light surface rust over time in that climate (my boat, on Monterey Bay, likes to tell me about this) whereas 316 will not. Many metal polish products will take the rust off of 304 with ease. Since Tesla is planning on using its own alloy, I suppose we won't know how it holds up to salty air until someone drives a CT down to Starbase and parks it for a while... :)
They all ready have……but they are rockets like Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy. The stainless even gets tested at re-entry speeds up to 18,000 mph and reaching temperatures that exceed what my CT will reach sitting in the Florida sunshine. A little faster than I plan on going in my CT.?

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
They all ready have……but they are rockets like Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy. The stainless even gets tested at re-entry speeds up to 18,000 mph and reaching temperatures that exceed what my CT will reach sitting in the Florida sunshine. A little faster than I plan on going in my CT.?
Yup and those Falcon 9 returned boosters where not just sitting on shore, those boosters where sitting upright and exposed on a ship in the salt water ocean.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
You know you won't be able to resist those long straight Fla roads.......

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
You know you won't be able to resist those long straight Fla roads.......
i do know that over 150 mph the over passes on I75 between Naples and Ft. Meyers are close to zero gravity…..?
Sponsored