TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
where did u hear this? im in CA can easily get high end gaming stuff, its expensive but huh?
Regulations kicked in July 1 2021 that banned some top tier desktop gaming PC's like Alienware's Aurora R10 and R12. AW adapted and you can buy the latest models (R13 and 14), but there's talk of taking further steps. I find that nuts and regulation overload.

I will apologize for the vagueness of my initial statement, as I didn't mean all PC's are banned. I was just blown away when I read the news - I was looking at an Alienware at the time and it was on their site. I find that level of regulation totally out of control - and stupid.
Sponsored

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I tend to hear a more blaming and bashing from 1 side than the other. I dont really watch news, i try to avoid it. or at least find sources that try to be unbiased.

But just from the people i know, 1 side really blames and bashes. You can try to have logical conversations buit it tends to just be them looping back around to some thing they heard? or know. while the other seems to be more scientific and logical
So no real examples then. I was just curious, as I like to learn about perspectives. I generally see both sides blaming and bashing excessively these days.

OP
OP
Newton

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
So no real examples then. I was just curious, as I like to learn about perspectives. I generally see both sides blaming and bashing excessively these days.
i mean my examples are interactions i have with people (in person), or while being around others who are more apt to push a subject (personally i usually say vague things that make people feel validated, or heard, staying in the middle as much as possible).

perhaps its just the nature of politics. people have strong beliefs both ways. some completely false (a good example is climate change).

this is off topic not and really tesla related anymore, so probable best to end it as its not really expanding anything.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Why should anyone be forced buy a product from a company led by someone who has been unapologetic when faced with him insulting others?
Erm. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy any car/ truck.

Using Musk as an example of not paying taxes is unfair, as he pays more than anyone else. However, he is still an example of the excesses of our system rewarding him thousands of times more than anyone else who has put in the hours at the company. And he's only continued to be petty about it, and ignorant that he is not the only one in the world dealing with taxes.
If she wanted to point out the inequality of compensation that would have been reasonable. Instead she was lying or at the very least, talking trash about someone out of ignorance.

No, he's being childish and has surrounded himself with proven liars and scammers.
I tend to agree.

But when you are confronted with a choice of liars who aren’t trying to destroy you and your company and those who very much seem to be, which do you choose?

You want to make this out like it’s Musk being an asshole in a vacuum, but it very much isn’t. Musk rarely lashes out at people unless they attack him first. Most of the insults leveled at Dems have been in reply to comments attacking him.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
but 1 side is FAR more aggressive and hateful. And its not the side Elon thinks it is.
That depends on who you are.

If you are Elon Musk, most of the hate has come from the Left.

This isn’t me trying to prop up the right here. I really don’t agree with their platform, but the Left has very much alienated Musk.

Musk could easily be the friend of the Left who has a few weird ideas. Instead they’ve chose to make him their enemy.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Why would anyone have to whisper anything in his ear when the Democrats are shouting Fuck Elon Musk?
Don't be so silly. A few low-level representatives are not 'the Democrats'. Secondly, as I pointed out, he literally has Joe Rogan and Jordan Peterson and white-supremacists like Cernovich literally falling into his inner circle. But just a few years ago they weren't so happy when he dissed Trump or pushed EVs and solar.

You're saying that his excuse for cozying up to racists and fascists is because he can't stand being criticized for talking out of his hat and insulting people?

-Crissa

OP
OP
Newton

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
That depends on who you are.

If you are Elon Musk, most of the hate has come from the Left.

This isn’t me trying to prop up the right here. I really don’t agree with their platform, but the Left has very much alienated Musk.

Musk could easily be the friend of the Left who has a few weird ideas. Instead they’ve chose to make him their enemy.
im really not sure why they left him out of the EV thing at the Whitehouse. but, so what, hes doing fine, his company is the leading EV manafacturer.
Im more inclined to think its the legacy car makers who really didnt want him there, not the current administration.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Regulations kicked in July 1 2021 that banned some top tier desktop gaming PC's like Alienware's Aurora R10 and R12. AW adapted and you can buy the latest models (R13 and 14), but there's talk of taking further steps. I find that nuts and regulation overload.

I will apologize for the vagueness of my initial statement, as I didn't mean all PC's are banned. I was just blown away when I read the news - I was looking at an Alienware at the time and it was on their site. I find that level of regulation totally out of control - and stupid.
The rule only applied to office computers.

But they want to sell to commercial customers, Ao they get covered by the rule.

Computers are very complex things, and if you don't build them to save power when idle, they won't. Hence the regulation to make sure they do.

I build VR rigs for my spouse. At no point did this rule apply to anything I was building. But I wasn't trying to sell to a commercial customer and I never built hardware that can't throttle back when not needed.

-Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
im really not sure why they left him out of the EV thing at the Whitehouse. but, so what, hes doing fine, his company is the leading EV manafacturer.
'The EV thing' was literally about converting current ICE manufacturers to EVs.

Instead of saying, 'hey, we can show you how to do it', Elon whined that they wouldn't talk about him, after being egged on by several major Tesla fan celebrities.

They didn't invite anyone who didn't make ICE vehicles currently.

-Crissa

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why do you feel that side is more aggressive and hateful?
Only one side is campaigning to take civil rights from my spouse and I. Only one side is calling us groomers, banning our books, interfering with our insurance and basic rights too determine our lives, and kids who are growing up to be like us.

It kinda, well, gets messy. Right-wing violence and murders outnumber all other political sorts.

That one party gives that lip service is just scary. That Elon thinks he should play around with supporting them is super disappointing.

The Republican candidate who won the PA Governor Primary literally said '20 electoral votes' after learning he won, referencing his campaign promise to override the popular vote with a gerrymandered legislature. He also explicitly campaigned on a Christian Nationalist theocratic platform. You know, the people who want to exclude people like me.

It's frightening.

-Crissa

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I get the dislike of the Republicans. I really do.

What I don’t get is the blinders on the behavior of the Democrats.

You don’t get to treat someone like crap then act confused why they go talk to someone else.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I get the dislike of the Republicans. I really do.

What I don’t get is the blinders on the behavior of the Democrats.

You don’t get to treat someone like crap then act confused why they go talk to someone else.
But there's no behavior here. You're ascribing a group action from a few low-level elected officials. I am measuring the Republican party by their leaders, not Representative Cawthorn.

And at no point was he 'treated like crap'. That is a myth. And I don't take to bullshit.

-Crissa

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
'The EV thing' was literally about converting current ICE manufacturers to EVs.

Instead of saying, 'hey, we can show you how to do it', Elon whined that they wouldn't talk about him, after being egged on by several major Tesla fan celebrities.

They didn't invite anyone who didn't make ICE vehicles currently.

-Crissa
I think it was stupid not to invite Tesla even if they never needed to convert from ICE or used nonunion labor.

It has been obvious for over 15 years that insights of outsider ( non legacy OEM) was needed since the legacy ICE OEMs are still dragging their feet.

Both the legacy ICE OEMs & U.S. federal government should be listening more to those who are actually achieving things (as opposed to those that always have an excuse about why something can't be done).

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think it was stupid not to invite Tesla even if they never needed to convert from ICE or used nonunion labor.

It has been obvious for over 15 years that insights of outsider ( non legacy OEM) was needed since the legacy ICE OEMs are still dragging their feet.
I think that's true. But like I said, they didn't invite anyone who wasn't an ICE automaker.

It was a missed opportunity by Tesla and the Administration. Later they did invite him to the ideas roundtable - it was less about what ICE manufacturers had done for jobs and more about the future.

Calling it a 'snub' or an 'insult' was just designed to make it look bad - but was not at all factual in nature.

-Crissa

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Only one side is campaigning to take civil rights from my spouse and I. Only one side is calling us groomers, banning our books, interfering with our insurance and basic rights too determine our lives, and kids who are growing up to be like us.

It kinda, well, gets messy. Right-wing violence and murders outnumber all other political sorts.

That one party gives that lip service is just scary. That Elon thinks he should play around with supporting them is super disappointing.

The Republican candidate who won the Primary literally say '20 electoral votes' after learning he won, referencing his campaign promise to override the popular vote with a gerrymandered legislature. He also explicitly campaigned on a Christian Nationalist theocratic platform. You know, the people who want to exclude people like me.

It's frightening.

-Crissa
It's great that you can list all of the flaws of those that are different than you.

Now, can you list all of the flaws of those who are the same as you? If you can do that, the healing of the nation can begin.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.