Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Occupation
Exec
Country flag
This one by Popular Mechanic. “Too little too late” is their click bait headline.
Article includes the line
“the electric truck industry is quickly flooding with high-quality vehicles from legitimately well-known manufacturers”

What a load of crap from another pub accepting legacy advert $
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Popular Mechanics has always been pro-Detroit, but from their perspective it makes sense. From 'my' perspective I don't care what they (or any detractors) say. If Tesla produces the Cybertruck that they said they would (and for me that is a 3mm stainless exoskeleton with a 500+ mile range) then that is what I am getting. For me it isn't just about functional features but about what Tesla offers as a company. Taken together you would almost be a fool to go with any other truck (no offense intended).

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
How are there more choices than in 2020?

If you weren't in the announce-party for a Lightning you're not getting one soon; The queue for a Rivian is still long and it's not getting appreciably shorter. There's no additional queue for the Lightning. There's no real queue for the Canoo either and the Silverado isn't until model year 2024. And the others are still just renders!

What do they mean the market is crowded?

-Crissa

Last edited:

jd1

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck ordered
Country flag
Magazines, the media in general... funded by advertisements. Tesla has never bought ads, commercials... so yes, hit pieces come and will keep coming. Meh. I'd take a wild guess that people that read Popular Mechanics aren't the target CT demographic.

PilotBart

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Magazines, the media in general... funded by advertisements. Tesla has never bought ads, commercials... so yes, hit pieces come and will keep coming. Meh. I'd take a wild guess that people that read Popular Mechanics aren't the target CT demographic.
I read PM and I have a CT on order #37,xxx

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How are there more choices than in 2020?

If you weren't in the announce-party for a Lightning you're not getting one soon; The queue for a Rivian is still long and it's not getting appreciably shorter. There's no additional queue for the Lightning. There's no real queue for the Canoo either and the Silverado isn't until model year 2024. And the others are still just renders!

What do they mean the market is crowded?

-Crissa
dont forget crowded with "quality trucks from legitimate manufactures"......does that mean Tesla is not legitimate?.......

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Woah woah woah there! I'm the target audience and I read Popular Mechanics!

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
Have you ever read Popular Mechanics? It smells like liniment ...

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
And the Lordstown... Do they even have a staff?

-Crissa
Yep they do. They parted the Red Sea with it back in the day. :ROFLMAO:

Paul Marvin

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3 MY. Cybertruck on order
Occupation
Dr
Country flag
Popular Mechanics has always been pro-Detroit, but from their perspective it makes sense. From 'my' perspective I don't care what they (or any detractors) say. If Tesla produces the Cybertruck that they said they would (and for me that is a 3mm stainless exoskeleton with a 500+ mile range) then that is what I am getting. For me it isn't just about functional features but about what Tesla offers as a company. Taken together you would almost be a fool to go with any other truck (no offense intended).
Tesla Cybertruck Another Hit Piece on Cybertruck 1659989581158

Ill have you notice that GM did not crack the top 10 American made. And Ford had just one car make this list.
Sponsored