Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
There never has been, not in the way we think of it.

Even, Walter Cronkite, the father of modern TV news, said you can’t report the news without bias or editorialization.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag

Even, Walter Cronkite, the father of modern TV news, said you can’t report the news without bias or editorialization.
Yes, some bias but nothing like the wholesale total corruption by all major media platforms and major social media that has occurred since Fox News & Rupert came on the scene.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
OP
OP
CyberDreamer

CyberDreamer

First Name
C.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Former DD Model S - DD Ridgeline - Project TR3B
Country flag
I think press biases used to be, at least, thinly veiled with some semblance of objectivity, but in the last two decades this veil progressively thinned and recently seems to have been completely discarded. Beyond Cybertruck's brutalistic design, the prospect of Tesla creating the first truly mass-produced full sized electric powered truck is positive news for the automotive industry, consumers and anyone interested in moving away from vehicles which burn fossil fuels. An article composed by another nakedly biased fool whose contention is that it sux in every way, isn't good for the environment, isn't appealing to be struck by, causes excessive tire wear, etc. is a very positive indicator that Elon and Tesla are squarely over the target.

Last edited:

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag

But, but what about Weekend Update?

Tesla Cybertruck Forbes Cybertruck Hit Piece: "Musk’s Cybertruck Is Almost Here. But Will Anyone Buy The ‘Ludicrous’ Vehicle?" 1695293875746

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Musk’s Cybertruck Is Almost Here. But Will Anyone Buy The ‘Ludicrous’ Vehicle?
Yes but No
2 million $100 pre orders for a EvTruck @ $39,000
but
The real question is the CT producible?
Maybe
CT is based on a cell that is not producible. Yes Tesla after 2 years has produced 2 million 4680 NMC cells. Which means nothing Tesla needs 5-10 Billion 4680 NMC cells and there is no company no China no America no Japan company in production of Tesla CT 4680 NMC cells.
So
If you are planning to make a EvTruck but have no supplier of EvBattery is that EvTruck producible?
No!
Will anyone buy a IceTruck if they know the engine and Transmission are not available?
Will anyone buy a EvTruck if they know the EvBattery are not available and may not ever be available?
No!
A really low cost EvTruck is one thing, but producible EvTruck is another thing. CT is a 2 million preorder but is the CT producible even at any cost?
Everyone's got an opinion.

Some have agenda's

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, GTS1000,FJR1300, Aprillia Scarabeo,
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag

I've been lurking here since 2019 and have been enjoying all the content and discussion. I am a previous Tesla owner, have a sub-100k reservation and am excited about the prospect of taking delivery of my Cybertruck in the near future. I was surprised no one had posted this article yet. It even features ridiculous statements from a climate advocate who claims a new electric truck isn't appealing from a climate perspective and even references this site/community.... "How well it will sell isn’t certain, but one thing is: environmentalists hate it. " ... this article is ludicrous.
This what you get as news when you do not donate to efforts to reduce world population, they short sell your stock to get even.

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
Yes but No
2 million $100 pre orders for a EvTruck @ $39,000
but
The real question is the CT producible?
Maybe
CT is based on a cell that is not producible. Yes Tesla after 2 years has produced 2 million 4680 NMC cells. Which means nothing Tesla needs 5-10 Billion 4680 NMC cells and there is no company no China no America no Japan company in production of Tesla CT 4680 NMC cells.
So
If you are planning to make a EvTruck but have no supplier of EvBattery is that EvTruck producible?
No!
Will anyone buy a IceTruck if they know the engine and Transmission are not available?
Will anyone buy a EvTruck if they know the EvBattery are not available and may not ever be available?
No!
A really low cost EvTruck is one thing, but producible EvTruck is another thing. CT is a 2 million preorder but is the CT producible even at any cost?
The production rate of 4680 batteries is not a constant. It’s not even a linear increase. So it is disingenuous for you to stipulate that because in X time period they have built Y number of batteries, therefore they will not be able to build 2 million CTs “at any cost”. Can they build 2M CTs tomorrow? Nope. But I can guarantee you that they will produce more CTs in month 3 than month 1. And in month 3 they will build more batteries than in month 1. And the same goes for month 12 vs. month 6. And again in Month 24 vs Month 12, and so on.

Now, to the assertion or assumption that the 4680 is the only battery that the CT can use, because of the design…

False. Ok, this is an assumption of mine based on my design experience. I believe you can look at a structural 4680 pack and state that the pack has to support X weight across the pack with y torsional rigidity and z lateral rigidity and w longitudinal rigidity and stated dimensions. You can then substitute the 4680 pack with an LMFP-EIEIO battery pack with equal or greater numbers in structural capacity, matched dimensions, at or greater power density, and at or below weight very easily. It’s a freaking rectangle! (Rectangle prism) It’s not a super complex shape. And the same goes for the 4680 MY. I think this is one of the design benefits of this structural pack arrangement. Find a better battery? Make it fit in a pack this big and this strong and poof, Bobs your uncle.

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
But, but what about Weekend Update?

1695293875746.png
Depends on the anchor(s)! The best years were the ones where the hosts ignored politics (all flavors and sides) in favor of humor.

Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead. That's the news. Good night, and have a pleasant tomorrow.

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
My grandfather had a trailer on a lakefront land reservation and based on set rules, you couldn't build a home on the land (trailers only).. but a loophole allowed a home to be built AROUND the trailer.

If people don't like the look of CT or thinks it looks too bear, fine, but imagine the skins, the mods, the shells, the decals and attachments you could put on a vehicle with specs that can't be beat.

Lasttoy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 S. CT ordered
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
All of this hype is fun to read. I bought an S years ago, burned the tires off. Etc. Etc. I ordered one to close out my life, I'm 80, I hope it last that long. It will be fun to climb out as a gezzer. I hope we have a contest, who's the oldest owner??

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
So this is somewhat misleading.

-Crissa
You're right, but "Misleading" is perhaps too soft.

Let's just say, "That statement is not true." It intentionally conflates two non-simultaneous facts, taken out of context, and incorrectly presents them as being simultaneously true to generate a seeming reasonable, but false statement .
Sponsored