Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Don't read the article. It'll just make you angry and we'll all start venting about how the media treat Tesla. And how this article is just... wrong.
Folks even here on this forum would swear to you Tesla gets a fair shake in the media.

I wasnā€™t going to post a thread, but since weā€™re here.

NYT and Jalopknyt both did hit pieces on Cybertruck.

I expect itā€™ll only increase as we get closer to launch.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Folks even here on this forum would swear to you Tesla gets a fair shake in the media.
I'll admit that was me. (past tense). I was conflating a different complaint people have with "main stream media" with the complaint that the media treats Tesla differently.
They do treat Tesla differently, and as pointed out, most likely because Tesla doesn't advertise with them. I would say the problem isn't the media, it's that [REDACTED to keep from getting political].

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'll admit that was me. (past tense). I was conflating a different complaint people have with "main stream media" with the complaint that the media treats Tesla differently.
They do treat Tesla differently, and as pointed out, most likely because Tesla doesn't advertise with them. I would say the problem isn't the media, it's that [REDACTED to keep from getting political].
Media bias seems to follow the money quite well.

And people have started to catch on so they start calling journalists out on it. And of course people donā€™t like to be called biased even when they pretty clearly are, so they get defensive.

The same happens on the other side. Tesla-friendly personalities know where their bread is buttered as well. The big difference being the Tesla friendly sources donā€™t pretend they are non-biased while doing it.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Media bias seems to follow the money quite well.

And people have started to catch on so they start calling journalists out on it. And of course people donā€™t like to be called biased even when they pretty clearly are, so they get defensive.

The same happens on the other side. Tesla-friendly personalities know where their bread is buttered as well. The big difference being the Tesla friendly sources donā€™t pretend they are non-biased while doing it.
It's almost a chicken or the egg thing, but when you read the comments on most articles their audience jumps onto the bandwagon. So, it makes you wonder if they are merely pandering to their audience. Sort of the tail wagging the dog. TFL has had pro EV videos and when you read the comments they get hammered.

In addition to who pays for advertising, these outlets want to maintain the relationships they have. That was one of the things that surprised me with Motor Trend having positive things to say 3 years ago when the Cybertruck was revealed. Attitudes are changing and as they do, watch how the articles/ videos will be done. Hopefully it's like that old Dylan tune. "The times they are a changing".

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Its not a hit piece. Honestly, its well deserved even if it were
Sponsored