Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Model S, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2016 Chevy 3500HD High Country
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Also another feature Elon mentioned was another varient of the Vault Door that was lined with Tesla Solarglass or solar panels that can recharge an estimated 15 kiles of range during daylight hours, perfect for going the little extra bit or keep the ac running or just keeping the battery from dropping slightly in the cold. And I think someone mentioned it, but also don't forget the Matte Black option. (Not my personal pick but still cool.) Anyone else have any thoughts or wishes about the color or what they'd choose?
I'm thinking Matt black on the hood to match the top glass tonneau.
Sponsored

RonGonRetired

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Model S, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2016 Chevy 3500HD High Country
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This is what I have gathered so far: Goodyear Wrangler MT/R With Kevlar 35x12.50 mud-terrain tires. Also, this closeup of the wheel without the aero cover (from the glass test video):
58C6C1A5-B17E-4A62-9148-8351CB5859C5.jpeg
33A3F438-DDC2-4F54-90CE-EC02E614AC08.jpeg
From quadratec:
The Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar is Goodyear's first off-road tire to incorporate DuPont™ Kevlar®, an innovative material that's, pound for pound, ...
$231.99 to $515.99

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
I'm thinking Matt black on the hood to match the top glass tonneau.
The matte black hood would reduce glare and be a possible color scheme for law enforcement vehices.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
I ran the MT/R in 35/12.50x15 for around six years, really great off road. A little bit easy to puncture the ultra-thin sidewalls, but they got insanely good life when I didn't puncture them. The larger wheels on this won't be nearly as good off road, but that's a necessary compromise for the capacity and the drivetrain (such as brake size).

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I haven't heard anything about the solar bed cover.

But I'm really curious about some of the features mentioned by Elon once upon a time that have not been talked about since.

For instance, what happened to the fresh water source?
And we have heard a little more than one thing about the included pressurized air source but we don't know the capacity or if it will just work for stuff like pumping up tires.
And there was the patent for dynamic airing of tires. Is that going to be on the CT?
And of course, the boat-worthiness of the CT. How long does it float? Is it propelled?
etc...

Basically, I have a lot of curiosity but very little hope of hearing anything till the actual launch anouncement or first release. Luckily I'm pretty patient.

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche on the weekends, diesel truck mon-fri
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
Other than the fact that it would be completely useless and only add a handful of miles in a day?
The average person drives 30 miles per day, which I have done for 10 years.
I live in Austin, and Elon said that 4 hours in the sun will put 15 miles in it.
I get a LOT more than 4 hours of sunlight each day.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
It looks like the rear glass roof is solar on the beta. But it's highly likely the vault cover won't be despite the patent.

It won't add much if any range, but will stop the CT discharging from parasitic drain. (Sentry mode etc)

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Other than the fact that it would be completely useless and only add a handful of miles in a day?
When I’m camping in the middle of nowhere, gaining 2 miles a day is 1000000x better than losing 10 miles a day which is the current state.

When I went to Hawaii last winter, I left my car at a friends place for 2 weeks. It sure would be nice if when he came to pick me up it still had enough juice to get to the airport and home without hitting a Supercharger.

It also means I only need one Wall Connector at home.

Yes, if every time you use your truck you plug in when you are done… it Is nearly worthless. But that’s pretty boring.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
LOL, the solar support is even sillier than the sixth seat argument.