Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 , 2 Mustang GT’s, Saturn Sky, Ducati
Occupation
Retired Educator
Country flag
I have three questions.

1. When will the final iteration of the CyberTruck be revealed?

2. Which month, in 2022, will the first CyberTruck roll off the assembly line?

3. How many Cybertrucks will be produced, per year, when the factory is fully operational?

Bonnie
Sponsored

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
We've all asked those questions, but I would wait even three or four years before thinking about any alternatives. Don't think it would take even a fraction that long, but 'just sayin'.

Not a pure Tesla fan either, but I do know what Tesla's are made of from the standpoint of innovation and latitude inherent without the constraints or tentacles reaching in from external overhead and organizations. Tesla can bring the consumer substantively more car, and still retain more margins after being able to expend even more in R&D too - all because of their focus on what's actually needed to bring us cars, and to sustain their mission.

It's possible that their stronger focus on innovation and R&D (because they have the resources from not being so entangles with traditional overhead) could be a possible reason for iterative postponements or delays in a newer reveal.

If you've ever got into developing software you'll have realized the effect of iterative and recursive injection of newer ideas, because every time you test the UI or functionality another idea light comes on in your head - which could've only been realized at that functional or UI test iteration. So you end up redoing the program code a lot, but it gets so much better. Of course you have to draw the line and say what the current 'version' is going to be or have - but often you've already got ideas for the next version because of realizations developing the current version. I think this possibly could be happening with final designs of the Cybertruck too, as I think there are so many unthought of possibilities with such a vehicle. I think Tesla inherently has more freedom and focus to innovate, because of their focus on vertical integration and also because their business model gives them more resources for R&D. Although, I could be wrong about all this and the reveal date might just be related to other factors. But if these indeed are factors in CT development, by the time it reaches us I think it will be more awesome than any of us could've thought.

I also think there are strategic, economical, (and unfortunately now too) political factors, that Tesla would consider for the next reveal date - regardless of when an actual redesigned CT prototype is internally ready. But if too much time goes by more design change ideas start rising up - so look out. I bet design cutoff points are a source of a few discussions (and also headaches) inside Tesla.

Last edited:

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
Paging @Dids for the over/under. Whatever he says I'll take the under and *he's* optimistic. Maybe that makes me naive, but whatever we're all going to be wrong.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Didn't he also say that before they had any reservations and an idea of the scale of the demand?
Did some quick searching and the first quote I have about it is from a Sept 2020.

So he had a pretty good idea demand was strong at that point.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Paging @Dids for the over/under. Whatever he says I'll take the under and *he's* optimistic. Maybe that makes me naive, but whatever we're all going to be wrong.
I thought we would see the final version in Sept and as much as I wish those video shorts were it I can't be sure. They have to officially show it soon, maybe upcoming shareholder meeting? I don't imagine they want it to leak which it will if they delay showing it for too long.
So far no one has confirmed 8000lb idra has arrived at giga Texas? I don't think production will begin prior to giga press install but they could have snuck it in at night....

We should start seeing model y coming out of factory soon.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I have three questions.

3. How many Cybertrucks will be produced, per year, when the factory is fully operational?

Bonnie
1) Beats me
2) I'll guess July '22
3) 260k +

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I have three questions.

Bonnie
1. In a month or so.
2. April
3. 500,000
Sponsored