Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I assume that means lower production cost. How much of it do you think will translate to larger margins and how much to lower price? If Y was $35K minus $10K Fed credit at the door, would you still pay $50K for CT2?
What makes you think that if the Model Y has fewer parts the CT won’t?

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
What makes you think that if the Model Y has fewer parts the CT won’t?
Model Y pricing was based on an inefficient production process. The "change" in process including use of cast means either more revenue or lower price. There are no CT on the road now. The first version of it was always based on the big cast in the back. It always had all the efficiencies that Y has built in the pricing. Do you really think Tesla will drop the price for CT even lower than it is on their site now?

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
I refuse, I refuse, I refuse to believe this. I'll take Elon's words at face value, so until I hear otherwise from the horse's mouth, production starts late 2021, with volume in early 2022. And this isn't a sketchy rumor.
Ya!

Sc0rPs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
If there is something to that then it can still mean expected full production, prior could be ramping up with limited numbers.

So I see it as sort of how Model 3 was starting, didn't hit full swing until much later. Don't be surprised if there's still a few in people's hands at the end of year.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I personally am okay with waiting longer. I need to save a bit more and I'd rather have it right rather than rushed.

but i am concern about marketshare. Ford and now Toyota maybe able to get to market sooner. But IMO they won't have Tesla's technology and I will wait for my CT.

Though there is a market that would rather have the fit and finish of Ford/Toyota/Chevy rather than the Tesla technology and will take a bit of the marketshare.
well if Toyota or Lexus comes out with a 100% electric car with 425 mile range, I will jump on it....although I really want the CT, I am beginning to fear that Tesla is just baiting us along and taking money for FSD with no real date of release and if you car is over 5-6 years old and you are still waiting for the FSD you paid for and didn't get, it will not transfer.....I know what the contract says, but its like a crap shoot.....and now that FSD is over 10K and rising, just doesn't make sense....

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
66 VW Bug, RAM 1500, Model 3, Bugatti Royale
Country flag
Not being familiar with the source or its code words, I have some questions for the OP.

3) How can Cybertruck be “Gen III” when they haven’t even produced Generation 1 yet?
By the time they get to my # ... CT will be gen III ;)

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I am beginning to fear that Tesla is just baiting us along and taking money for FSD with no real date of release and ...
Don't fear. At this point in Y and 3 production we saw nada from Tesla. We don't expect anything until middle or end of this quarter. And even then, no dates.

They didn't talk much about when those cars went into production, just to say they went to Tesla, then SpaceX employees first.

And that's about the time we started seeing them on the street, mostly with manufacturer plates, but still no real details. Then the configurator went online, and then six months later, in people's hands.

Then new S and X are a little delayed, but three months is nothing in development time. That's the next thing we'll hear about, anyhow, as the new S hits the streets in the next few months.

Give it time. We're not even to the Elon Time early production date yet - that's still six months from now.

-Crissa

Last edited:

empiredown

Banned
Banned
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
^^^ This.

And remember there is no line, nor have you "lost" any money on FSD until you decide to lose it. Opting in for FSD does get you other features at this point. Only you can decide if your "loan" is worth the features, wait, and bet that FSD will become a reality.

SS

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
I would like a Model X Plaid+ version
Same!! I'm also wondering why an X Plaid+ isn't offered yet. Might be because of constraints with 4680 and made sense to focus that capacity on 3, Y, S, CT, and Semi initially.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
well if Toyota or Lexus comes out with a 100% electric car with 425 mile range, I will jump on it....although I really want the CT, I am beginning to fear that Tesla is just baiting us along and taking money for FSD with no real date of release and if you car is over 5-6 years old and you are still waiting for the FSD you paid for and didn't get, it will not transfer.....I know what the contract says, but its like a crap shoot.....and now that FSD is over 10K and rising, just doesn't make sense....
You are stuck on old car manufacturers methods. I'm not a blind, Kool Aid-drinking, Musk follower. I see the changes and the trends. Relax, you you see your toy truck.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You are stuck on old car manufacturers methods. I'm not a blind, Kool Aid-drinking, Musk follower. I see the changes and the trends. Relax, you you see your toy truck.
maybe......but.....I have had Lexus since 1992.....2-coupes and 2-GS's and a ES......165k miles on each one with "Zero" issues except for a headlight and tail light that had a crack causing water to get in.......I am just hoping that the CT will be as good......right now I have issues with my wife's M3 that has hot air blowing out the rear vents and at times no cold air either in the front or rear in either the auto position or manual......they told me today that they know of the rear issue and are working on a fix that will be released with an OTA update.....yea, right.....no note is going to tell people that we fixed a problem with M3 a/c with this fix......I didn't fall of that turnip truck yesterday.....they asked me to leave it another day to see if they can fix or figure out the front issue.....I gave them three part numbers that my friend had them replace and that fixed his problem and they say that is not the issue......so I asked them when they call me to come pick up the car, that is/has been fixed, to tell me the root cause of the problem and the corrective action taken to eliminate and fix the issue.....I dont want to just hear we fixed it.

Update: 30 Apr 21....got call from SC and they told me I have no codes showing so they cant change parts....they also told me Tesla engineers say that when the car senses an overload or high load it will cut down on non-essential components (like ac).....I told then I don't really understand this because the ac stopped bot front and rear a/c when outside temp was 82.....stayed that way for 8 hours, then on the way home in 95 temperatures, the ac just automatically and magically started working.....

I showed them video of the temps and settings and asked why, after being asleep from 1800 to 2359, the heater came on for 30 min?..... response was they saw it and showed me the data log.....the explanation was that the heater came on to dry out the condenser/coils after use.....hum.....I showed the car was asleep and no load and a/c was turned off....when we left the a/c was working in both auto, recirculate with air going to back....cold...temp interior at 72 and OAT was 86......changed setting to manual, recirculate, back air.....cold air......what is funny, they say they did nothing to the car....even though they witnessed the operation and verified the hot air which correlated with the video I gave them......go figure......Tesla states that A/C is a non-essential option......I asked the service manager what do you do when to drive from Irvine, California (87 degrees) to Yuma, Arizona (105 degrees) and the a/c fails........response, "open windows, that is normal when the car gets hot).....go figure

Last edited:

tjordan

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertuck (on order - dual engine model)
Occupation
Forester
Country flag
This snippet is from an annual database (IHS Delta report) of all current and future vehicle production in the North American region.

Reservation sheet must be adjusted accordingly. I was hoping we get the Cybertruck sooner but am glad they get to take their sweet time and perfect this beast while we get our monies ready ?.

Tesla Van production also slated for Jan 2026 to Dec 2035

BRANDARCHITECTUREPLATFORMNAMEPLATESOPEOP
RivianUnibodyA1R1T2021-062027-12
RivianUnibodyA1R1S2021-092028-03
TeslaUnibodyGen IIIModel Y2021-102029-12
TeslaUnibodyGen IIIModel 32022-012027-06
TeslaUnibodyGen IIICybertruck2022-042032-03
TeslaUnibodyGen IIIModel S2022-062-32-05
RivianUnibodyA1R2R2022-072029-06
That is devastating news.

How long are we supposed to wait? What about the "leaked" report that production would begin by late summer 2021? What if production gets delayed until 2023? And delivery 2024?

I need a new truck this year. I signed up for the CT in 2019, now they're talking about "starting production" in 2022 with a crazy backlog? So do I just sit and wait? It could be 4 or 5 years by the time it arrives from time of pre-order.

If there was a "dislike" button to this post I would press it.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
That is devastating news.
I need a new truck this year.
Well I don't know what to say. Tesla never suggested there would be anything but early deliveries in 'late 2021'. Unless you work for SpaceX, you weren't likely to get one. Nothing has changed in their messaging.

I signed up for the CT in 2019, now they're talking about "starting production" in 2022 with a crazy backlog? So do I just sit and wait? It could be 4 or 5 years by the time it arrives from time of pre-order.
Who is 'they'? Not Tesla. Elon has said they're still on track to be in full production of the new cells in 12 to 18 months. That's the same thing he said last September. That fits a production ramp-up of Cybertruck from late this year.

-Crissa
Sponsored