Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
But the Semi does have a cut-out for the wiper, so that would track to the Cybertruck having some sort of wiper.

Of course, we're still in Beta, so who knows which glass they'll end up going with.

-Crissa

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
Maybe it's a bad angle but the only other thing that's missing is a cut in the black filter at the top of the windscreen for the light-bar.

Assuming this is closer to an alpha build, maybe the recent patent for curved glass edges won't be applied to CT; or it still needs further processing.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Maybe they’ve come up with a wiper design with its base at the side rather than center?
Center mount is for wipers. The laser mount is obviously going to be different.

:ROFLMAO:

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
It's interesting to see it is asymmetrical, just unusual thing to see. Curious to see if it is for CT... why is it asymmetrical.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
This is a great video! This is what I was saying I'd like to see Tesla do instead of advertising, do videos that we can share with our Friends. When I was watching the video I thought that glass was HUGE. It didn't even click that it was for the Cybertruck, but now that you mention it, DUH!!!!

OP
OP
VI Tesla

VI Tesla

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag
It looks curved... I guess production CT gets a slightly curved windshield.
You know, somethings always bugged me about the Jay Leno interview at the 2:35 mark Elon's talking about the windows and visibility and having the windshield the way it is 'quite hard because it's so sloped'. At the time I wondered what was so hard about it, but now I wonder if they did give it a bit of curve to help whatever the issue was?

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
Looking at the curve at the top of the glass we saw today and then looking at this photo showing the cybertruck prototype at this angle, I wonder if the lightbar that was incorporated into/behind the top of the windshield on the prototype will now be a separate unit above the windshield, still at the top of the roofline, incorporated above that curve in the top of the glass.

Maybe this could allow the light bar to be motorized and flip up a bit in order to get a better angle if needed? Forgive me, just thinking of things out loud. Edit: Or…. No more light bar up there, just an array of lasers. ?

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Windshield Glass spotted in new Tesla glass video? B7EA5245-41C4-4752-B13B-18067F76E061

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Windshield Glass spotted in new Tesla glass video? 8B6654E5-8F4E-4F43-BCBC-CB8C0B30B35E

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
You know, somethings always bugged me about the Jay Leno interview at the 2:35 mark Elon's talking about the windows and visibility and having the windshield the way it is 'quite hard because it's so sloped'. At the time I wondered what was so hard about it, but now I wonder if they did give it a bit of curve to help whatever the issue was?
I agree 100% That's a massive sheet of glass, and by adding some curvature it increases strength exponentially. Think of the shape of an egg, or for that matter a VW Bug. :ROFLMAO:
Plus way better aero.
Edit: I went back and watched that video and I caught something I had missed before. At 3:43 as they are stopped in traffic, the door handles pop out, as if they were presenting themselves!
I want my Cybertruck with no door handles, for sure now!!!
:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
And another thing, the prototype even had a curved/convex windshield.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Windshield Glass spotted in new Tesla glass video? curvedwindshield
Sponsored