TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I think it is, almost certainly, the CT windshield. Very cool, great find. I think we can maybe also draw some small conclusions from seeing it, including:

-They are building new prototypes.
-It has a windshield wiper
-The design has changed a bit, possibly with some more curves/rounded edges for aerodynamics.
Sponsored

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Not sure why Tesla doesn't give us more details on anything,when Ford or rivian launches something we get all the details and specs...and now Tesla is last to production of the cybertruck. ? Hopefully wiper placement isn't horrible.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Because we're in Beta. Rivian gave random things, Ford didn't really give us details, either. Rivian is in trouble today for one of their random things being pulled!

-Crissa

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I think it is, almost certainly, the CT windshield. Very cool, great find. I think we can maybe also draw some small conclusions from seeing it, including:

-They are building new prototypes.
-It has a windshield wiper
-The design has changed a bit, possibly with some more curves/rounded edges for aerodynamics.
There are other changes or the glass is still being processed. The tint on the top is missing.

SAVFPV

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
All Black Model Y LR, Beast w/ FSD Reserved @ 1149
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Noted that missing corner too... Was wondering if its for some sort of windshield wiper actuator myself?
Edit: Removing repetitious comment, lol.
I see you all are way ahead of me on the imagination train!

The way the video has been edited with the Cybertruck shirt, leading right into the shot of the Cybertruck glass, I think its obvious! Beta parts are being built right now!

Last edited:

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
Looks like the lower left (drivers side as sitting in it) corner is scored to be removed, like the right side. You can see a small notch is cut into the glass.

Its possible that this piece isn't finished. They may be hand shaping it. I know if I was making a prototype I would leave some extra to be manually removed, to get the fit perfect. Easier to remove material than to add..........

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Looks like the lower left (drivers side as sitting in it) corner is scored to be removed, like the right side. You can see a small notch is cut into the glass.

Its possible that this piece isn't finished. They may be hand shaping it. I know if I was making a prototype I would leave some extra to be manually removed, to get the fit perfect. Easier to remove material than to add..........
A small point.... its the drivers side if you are sitting in it or not.

OP
OP
VI Tesla

VI Tesla

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag
A small point.... its the drivers side if you are sitting in it or not.
Or is it...FSD, who's actually the driver. I think CT will tolerate our monkey driving skills from time to time though ;)

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Little mock up I did, Top (old) vs Bottom (new):

IMG_4958.png
It's hard to tell from the angle we have, but it's possible there is a slight curve to the glass at the top. Then the roof would need to be curved a bit to meet the windshield.

Also, as someone pointed out above, somewhere in there is a light bar. (Though personally I wouldn't care if they dropped the light bar entirely)

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
(but, from the video, clearly a laminate).
How is it clearly a laminate? I mean, there's some sort of coating that has the shading on it, but is there anything I missed?

Also, why wouldn't ALON by laminated?

I would expect it to be laminated, no matter the glass it's made from.

-Crissa
Sponsored