Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Anyone that runs around saying the Cybertruck will be here by July 2023, just is ignoring "Elon time".

Also, the waiting list is so long, and the ramp might slow-ish, 2025 is probably when a lot of us will get ours.
The model y was actually early. Shanghai ramp was fast. The only new new process is the stainless bending.
Sponsored

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
The model y was actually early. Shanghai ramp was fast. The only new new process is the stainless bending.
IMO, and we are all guessing, the CyberTruck production will start in 2023. Not sure if it will be summer or fall, the question will be when will they start to DELIVER them to customers, and how many.

At one time Elon said at full ramp it would be about 150,000 a year. That probably assumed batteries would be a constraint for the first year or two.

Maybe we see 20,000 delivered late in 2023? And 150,000 in 2024? So it depends on whether you live in the Texas area, and your reservation #.

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
Aren't they having trouble scaling up 4680s? I doubt they will make many in mid 2023. I would say maybe a 1000 or so.

Experienced this with the Ford Bronco. No battery issues to face and Ford can still barely make them. Would not be shocked if we don't get this until 2024. I hope I am wrong. I am ready to trade in the Y for this. But can't see this going quickly.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I assume the 2024 production run will be all Quads. Even though I reserved a TriMotor in November 2019, it was not the first day, so I figure I won't hear anything until early 2025. I will take a Quad - i.e. long range. I won't take a 300 mile Cybertruck. I would continue to wait.
I think your place in line is a place in line. You will get an option to upgrade even if you selected a ct1 or 2.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
In honor of @Ogre

fact 1: reservations begin being fulfilled at 125,000 and return to reservation one when 400,000 reservation is complete
Fact 2: dual and quad will be offered simultaneously at the beginning
Fact 3: CT has an exhaust chimney for the cabin refrigerator heat vent
Fact 4: passthrough
Fact 5: front winch and plow mounts with powered connections
Fact 6: no faux marble countertop as a dashboard
Fact 7: we will all grow to love the BAW
Fact 8: I decided to move/upgrade home and I plan to coerce volunteers in installing solar.
Fact 9: Tesla insurance will allow me to drive “normally” fast and still provide a competitive rate
Fact 10: similar to advice received when wife was with child due in November, the labor coach provided advice in that “no matter how much you worry, you will have completed the pregnancy by December” by beginning of 24, we can project production rates and model configurations. Stressing early just raises blood pressure.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
IMO, and we are all guessing, the CyberTruck production will start in 2023. Not sure if it will be summer or fall, the question will be when will they start to DELIVER them to customers, and how many.

At one time Elon said at full ramp it would be about 150,000 a year. That probably assumed batteries would be a constraint for the first year or two.

Maybe we see 20,000 delivered late in 2023? And 150,000 in 2024? So it depends on whether you live in the Texas area, and your reservation #.
Yea, I think in context that CT would start end of 22.

The cathode plant is building as we speak, and fully operational in a few months.. it will supply the raw material to the battery plant. The 4680's will be flying out by mid 23.

end off 22 might have been iffy, with constraints left right and centre.

Given past constraints, Covid, chips, recession, In 12 months, I reckon we will have a whole new positive mindset as far as speed of production goes.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I have two tri-motor full self driving on order. I really don't expect to ever get them. The one thing we know about Elon is that he does not make his commitments and gets distracted easily. He is just a frontman for the brands, but he has hired smart people. In general, I would also hope that if the Cybertrucks do get built, they do not come out with the fit and finish problems his current vehicles have.
what fit and finish problems? Our MY is great.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
how can you give an accurate production date to something under development of all of its components?

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
For those of you that insisted that the Cybertruck would come out by the end of 2022, or January 2023, the earliest projection now, per Elon, will be "mid-2023".

Of course, there is always a chance it could slide into the fall of 2023, depending on Tesla timelines.

If Tesla can build CTs that go into a few buyers hands by fall of 2023, that is good news. It will finally be a reality.

Pre-order holder #300,000
Fall of 2023 winds up as "end of 2023, early 2024". I wanna scream. Into, obviously, the Cybervoid.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
Yea, I think in context that CT would start end of 22.

The cathode plant is building as we speak, and fully operational in a few months.. it will supply the raw material to the battery plant. The 4680's will be flying out by mid 23.

end off 22 might have been iffy, with constraints left right and centre.

Given past constraints, Covid, chips, recession, In 12 months, I reckon we will have a whole new positive mindset as far as speed of production goes.
Considering Elon just said "mid-2023", I assume it won't start into production before that.

He probably has a good projection on the 4680 ramp (which is going slower than anyone thought). There is no sense to rush the CT into production if Tesla needs the batteries to fill Model Y backorders.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Model Y production in Berlin started 3 months ago and is up to 1000 per week. Likely be up to 2000 per week by end of the quarter, maybe faster.
So, they started production at GigaBerlin in March and in mid June they are up to 1,000 per week and you are predicting 2,000 per week by the end of the quarter (next week)? I never questioned whether either GB or GA could hit volume rates by the end of 2022 starting in March, but 2,000/week for 9 months would be less than 80,000/year and Elon was talking about volume production of 250,000 CTs. I just don’t see anything close to 80,000 CTs by the end of 2023 if they start in mid 2023. I hope, hope, hope that I am proven wrong.
Sponsored