Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I have two tri-motor full self driving on order. I really don't expect to ever get them. The one thing we know about Elon is that he does not make his commitments and gets distracted easily. He is just a frontman for the brands, but he has hired smart people. In general, I would also hope that if the Cybertrucks do get built, they do not come out with the fit and finish problems his current vehicles have.
Eh.

Elon is notorious for being late but he delivers on commitments eventually.

rjtumble

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Avalanche, Subaru Forrester, Ford Focus, 1932 Deuce Coupe
Occupation
Computer Support
Country flag
https://electrek.co/2022/06/22/tesla-cybertruck-design-locked-new-timeline/

After several revisions, Elon Musk says that the final Tesla Cybertruck design is “finally locked,” and he updated the timeline to production for mid-2023.

Entire Interview Video:

The "good" news, at least for me, is that I've been saving money from every pay check, so by the time this actually does get released, I'll have it fully funded. One thing I hope that happens from all the delays is that enough people in front of my "week after announcement" reservation drop out so I move up in the line a little bit. Also hope that a tri-motor FSD reservation gets built first, as many have predicted.

jookyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16MS90D 16MSP90D 16MX90D 17MXP100D 20M3P 23MX
Country flag
What is the need to protect ones place in the queue? Honest question, I'm very low that's why I ask.

Cheers!

CostcoSamples

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Odyssey
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
https://electrek.co/2022/06/22/tesla-cybertruck-design-locked-new-timeline/

... With the focus clearly on bringing the Model Y to production at the factory, and that being delayed as well, it appeared likely that the Cybertruck production timeline could also slip.

A significant part of the delay has been attributed to Tesla updating the design of the Cybertruck on several occasions and until now, it was known if the automaker had finally settled on the final design.
Model Y production is ramping as we speak. not sure how that counts as being delayed?
And no, CT delays are not due to design changes. That would imply the factory is ready to go just waiting on the design team.

Journalism these days...

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
I really hope we can see the interior layout or view selectable options. I need mine to be capable of seating 6 people, otherwise it won't fit my needs.

Edit: Looked around a bit to see interior photos and saw that it comes with a lifting center console.
Maybe not a good idea to give competitors a year to copy the CT design.

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
The "good" news, at least for me, is that I've been saving money from every pay check, so by the time this actually does get released, I'll have it fully funded. One thing I hope that happens from all the delays is that enough people in front of my "week after announcement" reservation drop out so I move up in the line a little bit. Also hope that a tri-motor FSD reservation gets built first, as many have predicted.

Another note::: More Tesla Employees have been hired, maybe not all or all have placed orders too. Then you have to figure in, special corporations, Famous people, support people who support Tesla video/live feed etc. So it'll put all more down the line. lol

jookyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16MS90D 16MSP90D 16MX90D 17MXP100D 20M3P 23MX
Country flag
Cybertruck delays are a direct response to whiners and prognosticators. Shhhh they'll hear you thru the app. (Reapply tinfoil hat)

Deleted member 12457

Which model did you reserve? From what I remember reading, it depends more on the model reserved then the number within that model. I'm in the 50K range but for a dual motor, which isn't supposed to be coming out first. I don't know if the numbers were by model or strictly by your order in reserving. Either way, if the 4 motor is first, then I'll be waiting a long time and I don't believe I would be able to keep my number and change my model.

BMBoyer

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, CyberTruck on order, Ford Raptor
Occupation
Self Employed
Country flag
Hopefully by the time it goes into production the damn wing mirror rule will be gone. I plan to upgrade my order when the final configuration comes out to move up in line since the $100K+ Plaid ones will come out first.

uff_da

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Model Y production is ramping as we speak. not sure how that counts as being delayed?
And no, CT delays are not due to design changes. That would imply the factory is ready to go just waiting on the design team.

Journalism these days...
Agreed- they are reading between the lines on that, as he did not exactly say that. My own reading between the lines was, they didn't have chips or batteries anyway, so they kept iterating the design. Through that process they got carried away with features (thus his past comments about desirability vs. affordability) and had to real in the features a bit. I don't think CT was delayed due to design timeline. They still need to ramp 4680 and even the MY has been slow to ramp due to 4680 ramp and 2170 backup plan tooling being effected by COVID shutdown in China.

But hey- what can you expect from someone publishing an article hours after the interview was released. About the same level of coverage as us rubes in a forum :).
Sponsored