Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
shade tree entrepreneurs
Are those the people who realized they were going to be getting hot so decided to put in the work to plant, water, and care for a tree such that it would give them shade when the need arose?

Or are you talking about the lazy complainers that get hot in the sun, walk over onto someone's land to sit under their tree, then in boredom under the tree yell complaints and criticisms at the land owner who is working their own land?

Not sure which one you were speaking of.

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
Are those the people who realized they were going to be getting hot so decided to put in the work to plant, water, and care for a tree such that it would give them shade when the need arose?

Or are you talking about the lazy complainers that get hot in the sun, walk over onto someone's land to sit under their tree, then in boredom under the tree yell complaints and criticisms at the land owner who is working their own land?

Not sure which one you were speaking of.
Yeah, something like that but even more whiny libertarian in tone and content.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
👍. Elon said that the Cybertruck doesn’t need wipers driving over 100 MPH and a lot of RainX.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
👍. Elon said that the Cybertruck doesn’t need wipers driving over 100 MPH and a lot of RainX.
CT doesn’t need to drive so fast. The wipers travel atthe speed of light.

Laser wipers!!

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I'm thinking if Elon could send the windscreen forward in time, and have some monkey wipe it, and then bring it back a millisecond later.

We could make a movie, and call it 'Planet of the Apes window wipers'

Coming soon to a Tesla drive-in near you

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
I'm thinking if Elon could send the windscreen forward in time, and have some monkey wipe it, and then bring it back a millisecond later.

We could make a movie, and call it 'Planet of the Apes window wipers'

Coming soon to a Tesla drive-in near you

In the Planet of the Apes?

I think it is the apes driving flintstone type vehicles with the humans strapped to the hood who do the windshield wiping.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
They will. Over time.

The issue now is - time -.

If they only get a few CTs rolled out to actual customers at the end of 2023, then 2024 is the 1st real year of production. Maybe 150,000? (assuming they have enough 4680 batteries), and most likely the high end Quads initially.

Then in 2025 they could drop back to making Dual motor versions, along with the Quads.

Can you imagine telling someone in 2019 to put in a reservation for an EV pickup and you will get yours in 2025! People would have thought you were punking them.
I agree. I think they'll make the initial big group 4-motor versions only. Then, they'll switch to a mix. Because, as you said, it would suck to never get to the people who ordered a dual. Let's just say that Tesla can build 250,000 a year. It's possible they'll continue to get 250,000+ orders for the quads which would mean they'd never get to the lesser models. It makes more sense, as you said, to start with the big dog and then transition to a fair mix.

Further, I think they'll produce that first batch by geographic area to spread out the few available trucks to maximize exposure. It wouldn't do to only have people in Texas have one. You want to spread those out so everyone gets a chance to gawk at them.

KHappe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck on order
Country flag
I agree. I think they'll make the initial big group 4-motor versions only. Then, they'll switch to a mix. Because, as you said, it would suck to never get to the people who ordered a dual. Let's just say that Tesla can build 250,000 a year. It's possible they'll continue to get 250,000+ orders for the quads which would mean they'd never get to the lesser models. It makes more sense, as you said, to start with the big dog and then transition to a fair mix.

Further, I think they'll produce that first batch by geographic area to spread out the few available trucks to maximize exposure. It wouldn't do to only have people in Texas have one. You want to spread those out so everyone gets a chance to gawk at them.
I think someone else mentioned this. I think the state of the 4680 battery ramp will determine which model they will go with first. If the ramp is not going as well as they planned, then they will probably start with the Dual. If there are plenty of batteries, then they can produce the truck models in any order.
In the past they have prioritized delivering vehicles to customers close to the plant first . I assume they will do that with they CT also. So deliveries around Austin, then to Texas and then outside Texas.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
I think someone else mentioned this. I think the state of the 4680 battery ramp will determine which model they will go with first. If the ramp is not going as well as they planned, then they will probably start with the Dual. If there are plenty of batteries, then they can produce the truck models in any order.
In the past they have prioritized delivering vehicles to customers close to the plant first . I assume they will do that with they CT also. So deliveries around Austin, then to Texas and then outside Texas.
We got one of the very first Model Ys a month after we ordered it on April 20, 2020. We live in Nebraska and were quire shocked that we got one so soon. I put that down to Tesla wanting to spread them out so they'd be seen in all markets since they don't advertise. Local deliveries to Texas could be a little testy with that whole "Can't sell without a dealership here because dealers protect consumers... Doesn't apply to 'Market adjustments'" Thing.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
We got one of the very first Model Ys a month after we ordered it on April 20, 2020. We live in Nebraska and were quire shocked that we got one so soon. I put that down to Tesla wanting to spread them out so they'd be seen in all markets since they don't advertise. Local deliveries to Texas could be a little testy with that whole "Can't sell without a dealership here because dealers protect consumers... Doesn't apply to 'Market adjustments'" Thing.
They did local deliveries with the Austin Y for the first couple months - first Tesla/Space X employees, then others - probably because of the new batteries being tested and having the repair supplies there.

They didn't do regional deliveries with the most recent Model S, X, or Y.

So it's kinda a toss-up, but I believe they'll probably do Texas first, as a shake-down for the trucks.

-Crissa
Sponsored