wanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRVEX-LAWD
Country flag
It was pretty gruesome. Maybe 12 months ago, a dude posted on r/Rivian showing how he jumped off the bed and his leg caught on the sharp wing of the storage tunnel door.

Found it. Proceed with caution.

Also found this, apparently there's a safer design for the door, but Rivian didn't use it.
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
The new model 3 comes with a blindspot detection light there. Would make sense if it's the same
have I mentioned the car is turned off and parked?

Have any pics of blind spot on the rearview ?I knew it has blind spot lights in the A-pillars, but also in the rearview?

and it uses green color to indicate? When off?

Tesla Cybertruck Extreme closeups of Cybertruck prototype (with edge on shots of many body panels) -- video + photos 1697404000747

Couldnā€™t quickly find my best shot of the rearview, but itā€™s got this thick ā€˜live edgeā€™ type glass that - like a glass coffee table - letā€™s light refract through the edges and likely has green hues

Tesla Cybertruck Extreme closeups of Cybertruck prototype (with edge on shots of many body panels) -- video + photos E15C4313-E4A8-4F97-953B-D4A688A9D40D

Again, not saying or confident one way or the other, I really donā€™t know - more just ā€˜hold dress - blue dressā€™ stuff

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

Have any pics of blind spot on the rearview ?I knew it has blind spot lights in the A-pillars, but also in the rearview?

1697404000747.jpeg

Couldnā€™t quickly find my best shot of the rearview, but itā€™s got this thick ā€˜live edgeā€™ type glass that - like a glass coffee table - letā€™s light refract through the edges and likely has green hues

E15C4313-E4A8-4F97-953B-D4A688A9D40D.jpeg

Again, not saying or confident one way or the other, I really donā€™t know - more just ā€˜hold dress - blue dressā€™ stuff
Gonna be totally honest here. I didn't read the whole convo lol

I thought you guys were talking about this dot near the mirror (or what looks like a dot lol)

Tesla Cybertruck Extreme closeups of Cybertruck prototype (with edge on shots of many body panels) -- video + photos Screenshot_20231015-154653

Jstoltz54

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX450h, Model S
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Looks like most of the ones we see are pretty thick. Tailgates a bit fuzzy though.

Following posted by /neurocaptain

VIDEO:

PHOTOS:

Adding some close-up stills to go with an earlier video. Spotted in Sausalito, CA with TX plates. I'm sure build quality does not represent the final product. Given that this is a prototype there's a lot that can be improved.

37b52d20faub1.jpg

You can see where data collection equipment gets connected inside the vehicle on the passenger seat. In the earlier video you can see some cables going under the vehicle, likely to some sensors underneath (battery monitoring?).

r2t0zc20faub1.jpg

Nice

67nvjc20faub1.jpg

Typical pillar camera and some panel with a blinking led at the bottom. What's that?

lm6ssd20faub1.jpg

Some deformation on the plastic side panel.

lgksxd20faub1.jpg

Looks kind of like just adjacent sheets of metal.

73aw4g20faub1.jpg
Invictus? I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Gonna be totally honest here. I didn't read the whole convo lol

I thought you guys were talking about this dot near the mirror (or what looks like a dot lol)

Screenshot_20231015-154653.png
was as good a shot as any We had before it!

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Again, I'm liking the thick window glass.

Stuff like tailgate or frunk lid alignment don't bother me as much since they're supposedly adjustable, but I think employees need to take the fit and finish presentation of prototypes much more seriously nonetheless.

Overall some encouraging views.

- ƆCIII
I agree.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag

1697404000747.jpeg

E15C4313-E4A8-4F97-953B-D4A688A9D40D.jpeg

I hope itā€™s just glass.

SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag
Waiting for the first ER patient who falls toward a CT with frunk open.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
1697402711551.png

Yeah I noticed that too. I wish all Teslas went to a floor-mounted throttle - it just feels more natural.
After driving recently with a foot injury, I do not prefer a rotating pedal that requires ankle or ball rotation vs a floating pedal that can be operated with a variety of motions.

-Crissa

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
It was pretty gruesome. Maybe 12 months ago, a dude posted on r/Rivian showing how he jumped off the bed and his leg caught on the sharp wing of the storage tunnel door.

Found it. Proceed with caution.

Also found this, apparently there's a safer design for the door, but Rivian didn't use it.
Wow, 20 stitches

There is another injury incident. A Rivian worker. Claimed he needed 7 stitches.

Search for internet for
"Another casualty of the gear tunnel door" "fang"
Sponsored