FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
May be cheaper to buy a used one soon

Tesla Cybertruck Flippers are done! 150+ Cybertruck for-sale listings 3456324564564331.2024
Sponsored

OP
OP

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
Still surprised to see how quickly they have fallen, trucks are less than 6mo old and under 1,000 miles and getting close to less than new pricing so it seems like most people who really wanted one got one.

BlueLightning

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 ⚡
Country flag
It’s whatever one is willing to pay. Prices will go down.

Bought my Model 3 during COVID/Demand spike. Paid $38k on Carvana. Private sellers had same model listed online for $50k all day. I ended up selling it over a year later for $28k and I was really lucky to get that!

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Hopefully not, that would be a slap in the face to the people backing the company long term. All of which recently, like myself have taken massive losses on the stock. Would be in poor taste to have the stockholders get the last round of the price increased trucks in my opinion.
The first rule of investing: volatility in the share price doesn't cause stock losses, selling for less than you paid causes losses. I'm sitting on massive gains, but even if my cost basis was higher than current trading prices, the fact that the stock price is in the gutter would not be causing me losses. Because I buy when others are fearful and don't sell until I need the money or others are too greedy.

In other words, buy low, don't sell low. People need to stop looking at shares as money, they are fractional ownership in the company. The new car industry is cyclic, with the economy/interest rates. And Tesla is quickly growing into more than a automaker. The story will turn around very quickly once the results prove it.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Still surprised to see how quickly they have fallen, trucks are less than 6mo old and under 1,000 miles and getting close to less than new pricing so it seems like most people who really wanted one got one.
As long as Dual Motors are selling for more than the 80K and Tri-Motors are selling for more than 100K, used Cybertrucks come with significant premium, even if flippers are losing money. Because when you flip a Cybertruck, most of the value of Foundation Series doesn't get transferred.

The real market for Cybertrucks is waiting for the Foundation Series premium to go away. I think used Cybertrucks will be selling for new prices or a bit above for at least a year. Normally, a new vehicle loses 25% of it's cost as soon as you drive it off the lot.

Cam Salazar

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Demand from who exactly?

I think most of us with common sense are waiting. The You Tubers and celebrities have theirs….

BTW, after this FSD free trial, I think even more will wait for the non FS.

Where is the demand if there are 150+ sitting?
Either you live under a rock or you're just pure genius. The wait list stretches 5 years for current orders, nevermind those who may now be interested in getting one after getting to see one and test drive one from a friend or neighbor that has one. The demand is wild, and you know what happens to pricing with supply and demand issues at play, right?

OP
OP

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
If it was the plan it is working, only downside is it may hit legitimate buyers resale value after a year but time will tell.

CTInProcess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Either you live under a rock or you're just pure genius. The wait list stretches 5 years for current orders, nevermind those who may now be interested in getting one after getting to see one and test drive one from a friend or neighbor that has one. The demand is wild, and you know what happens to pricing with supply and demand issues at play, right?
You must work for Tesla then to believe there are still 2 million people waiting….. smh ….

Besides, the longer the wait the better the product, not in a rush to be “First” for the “Likes”

Post your CT for sale link and be done with it….

OP
OP

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
Demand and price are highly correlated.
The simple fact that there were 20 trucks on CG a week ago and now there are over 60 and the lowest price one has gone from $159k to $123k in a week lets you know about demand on the aftermarket. How you read those tea leaves and determine price and demand of direct from Tesla CTs is up to you.
Tesla Cybertruck Flippers are done! 150+ Cybertruck for-sale listings 34523434574563312024

CyberExperience

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
flyingmpartners.com
Vehicles
Jeep Rubicon, Chevy, Porsche , BMW GS, SeaBreezeLX
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I expect any day now that someone will get sued because they sold before a year. Tesla only needs one high profile case to slow down or stop the resales. You can claim all you want on how unfair the clause in the contract is that you have to wait a year, but a contract is a contract and in this day and age I would not want to bet on the outcome in a court of law.

TexasRaider

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag
120k new with taxes +
sell for 150 for a profit of 30k
tesla sues for 50k
net of -20k?

Does not seem like Tesla is doing anything, but if they did would be a bad investment for anything under 200k selling price which seems long gone.
Sounds like something a gambler would do haha

Beyond

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Austin Model Y LR, Subie Fozzie & Cybertruck day1
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The first rule of investing: volatility in the share price doesn't cause stock losses, selling for less than you paid causes losses. I'm sitting on massive gains, but even if my cost basis was higher than current trading prices, the fact that the stock price is in the gutter would not be causing me losses. Because I buy when others are fearful and don't sell until I need the money or others are too greedy.

In other words, buy low, don't sell low. People need to stop looking at shares as money, they are fractional ownership in the company. The new car industry is cyclic, with the economy/interest rates. And Tesla is quickly growing into more than a automaker. The story will turn around very quickly once the results prove it.
Exactly. This is what investors usually figure out after decades of getting burned by the "market makers". The only real way for retail investors to consistently profit is to do their research, choose companies with great management and great products and hold until those conditions change. Musk has said many times that he doesn't care about traders but does care about long term investors. I think those who have been around for a while would agree.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Demand from who exactly?

I think most of us with common sense are waiting. The You Tubers and celebrities have theirs….

BTW, after this FSD free trial, I think even more will wait for the non FS.

Where is the demand if there are 150+ sitting?
We know of one guy whose sons bought aftermarket Cybertrucks.
Sponsored