kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
He's either talking about the so called "cheap" Tesla, or the van. But the low cost Tesla could end up being the one that defines his career.
Could be that the robotaxi design is a cheap van.
Sponsored

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Tesla made Franz a very wealthy man. Jumping from Mazda was a great decision.

He recently purchased a $23M home in Malibu, CA. He can park 25 cars at his 5,000 square foot home. A rare feature for a beachfront home.

Last edited:

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
At the long point of the bed, I do not think they will change from the 6.5' length (not including any midgate). They have never said they would do this. Any change in length would have to come from the back of the cab and forward. Most people don't want their interior space reduced. So now your looking at shortening the truck from the front of the cab and forward. This make the frunk smaller and would also change the slope of the windshield to something steeper (assuming the same apex point from the rear bumper to that apex) which would be a decrease in aero.

Not saying it's not doable to make the CT shorter then 231" but they won't be making it a foot shorter. You might get 5" and you'll like it!

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Tesla made Franz a very wealthy man. He recently purchased a $23M home in Malibu, CA. He can park 25 cars at the the 5,000 square foot home. A rare feature in that neck of the woods.
Birthday party a few weeks ago…
Cut to chase. There was a Hummer EV out front and I tried to find its owner to chat(there was about 70 people in the home for the birthday party)

Met a guy along the way, his nephew is on the autopilot team(there’s only about 150 people) went to Penn State and is younger than both she and I(I am in early 30’s). Dude gets insane stock bonus’ and had, at his last conversation with his nephew, about 7 million in stock!! He’s been at Tesla for like 5 or 6 years now. Was fortunate to get in out of school some how.

Just thought I’d share a random story.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
At the long point of the bed, I do not think they will change from the 6.5' length (not including any midgate). They have never said they would do this. Any change in length would have to come from the back of the cab and forward. Most people don't want their interior space reduced. So now your looking at shortening the truck from the front of the cab and forward. This make the frunk smaller and would also change the slope of the windshield to something steeper (assuming the same apex point from the rear bumper to that apex) which would be a decrease in aero.

Not saying it's not doable to make the CT shorter then 231" but they won't be making it a foot shorter. You might get 5" and you'll like it!
For what it’s worth, I don’t care how long / short it is. Just going off what Franz said himself here; it’s shorter by a few percentage. That seems to stack up to my long bed 4 door Tacoma.

NJturtlePower

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3 Stealth Performance
Country flag
OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Only if a few equals 5. Generally, a couple is 2 and a few is 3. 5 is almost double that.
I just don't see that happening.
So 3…

Tacoma long bed is 225.5

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
I think he's only concerned (but doesn't actually care) with the length to pull it into the garage.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
It will be wider than your Tacoma, tho.

-Crissa
100%! And the spatial economies are gonna be better. I’m 6’3” and “fit” in the Tacoma, but looking forward to more room for activities ha

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
I think he's only concerned (but doesn't actually care) with the length to pull it into the garage.
That’s where my charger is, I don’t supercharge the 3. With my current development where I live, you can road park cause roads are narrow. I also just don’t want people messing with my truck ha

nice neighborhood, but. Things happen.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Up till this morning, they were almost making a phone !!!

What does Mars need ...
Musk never said Tesla would build a phone, it was a Twitter conversation and would make far more sense for Twitter to push that button.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Musk never said Tesla would build a phone, it was a Twitter conversation and would make far more sense for Twitter to push that button.
Tesla is not going to make a phone. A phone doesn't do anything that would make a difference and what would it run android or ios? How do you disrupt a mature space like smartphones? Especially when you have company attempting BCI. Tmobile phones already connect to starlink .
Sponsored