Old Spice

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Polaris RZR
Country flag
Obviously the Tesla Cybertruck won't be as large as that first official teaser image where it was carrying a F-150 in its bed, but what don't even know yet is if it's going to be a full-size or midsize pickup. What size truck are you guys hoping it is?

I'm like my F-150's size for utility and ride height but sometimes wish it was a bit smaller for easier parking in shopping centers. But a Ranger sized truck would be too small for me. Maybe it'll come in as something sized right in between which would be perfect!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Old Spice

Old Spice

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Polaris RZR
Country flag
This is that first official teaser image. One thing's for sure is it won't be this size lol.

Tesla Cybertruck Full-Size or Mid-Size Cybertruck? tesla-pickup-concept.0.0

SniP3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P3
It’s supposed to be big because Elon had once said that “You won’t need a special commercial truck license, but I think it should be required...lol” How big it will be...who knows

Deleted member 105

I'm thinking probably F250 / Ram 2500 sized but with F450 / Ram 3500 performance for hauling / payload and Model X acceleration.

PATEL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
Country flag
It would be nice to see the bed having capability to self level when parked. It would be possible with air suspension and good ground clearance, which I am quite sure the truck will be equipped with.

@NorCalAthlete Looks like it will have Full-Size capabilities with Mid-Size length. It makes sense as per your insight.

Deleted member 105

I'd tentatively say it may be even smaller - 1/2 ton size rather than 3/4 ton - with 1-ton capability. I don't think it'll quite drop all the way to mid-size though (Colorado, Canyon, Dakota, etc). And yes I know you meant F250 / 3/4 ton size with your "mid-size length" just thought I'd clarify my prediction here.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
This is that first official teaser image. One thing's for sure is it won't be this size lol.

tesla-pickup-concept.0.0.jpg
This cab forward aesthetic first I saw was in the mid 80’s in a SLC design center. Its silhouette and profile continue currency even though body-on-frame is deprecated, haunches and flares abandoned. Its silhouette effectively profiles Tesla Semi or other mini-me high cube applications that need a blunt entry form factor.

Cyber exoskeletal architecture isn’t one size fits all, its a pivot to engineering first culture. Tesla could execute a mini-me of its Cyber in smaller subcompact size. Semi in van, box, bus or sprinter applications on a BEV platform would address floor and load deck space constraints. But that’s not enough to compete for FORD, AMAZON and Fedex.

DOJO would have to solve traveling salesman on-the-fly to augment its Cyber vehicles for delivery, multi-modal enterprises.

TessyT

First Name
Arni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, 2x Cybertruck 3m FSD (deposit)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would prefer a Mid-Size. I would keep it in the garage.

Tenksen

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I want it to be successful so I think mid sized is best for several reasons.

Performance for EV is vastly Improved for mid size (we are talking serious extra milage)

Functionally mid size is better because it fits more purposes than a full size truck which can be too much for many applications short of serious heavy duty stuff.

Better for worldwide delivery increasing success of the the truck meaning a full-size variant could be delivered in future for niche application or the people compensating.

Lastly, because I fit into the worldwide delivery portion so I want it to work here 🤣.

In between like you said would still work.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
ZOMBIE ALERT!!

This is an old thread so keep in mind that if you reply to this.

The truck size is pretty well established by lots of recent photographic evidence. It is a full sized truck.

ZOMBIE ALERT!!

ZOMBIE ALERT!!

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The model Y and the model 3 could be called interchangeable in size as the body style are very similar in appearance. So why not do the same thing with the Cybertruck? It could be called the Cybertruck Senior and the Cybertruck Junior.

Berno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Tacoma, TLR200
Occupation
Carpenter
Country flag
Mid-size, cab over, long bed. Might be kind of dorky looking but Tesla could probably make it look cool. I was hoping that Canoo would adopt this format but they still haven’t changed their design in response to my email.

Kremmen

First Name
Kremmen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR. Some project cars, some bikes
Occupation
Boring
Country flag
ZOMBIE ALERT!!

This is an old thread so keep in mind that if you reply to this.

The truck size is pretty well established by lots of recent photographic evidence. It is a full sized truck.

ZOMBIE ALERT!!

ZOMBIE ALERT!!
Thank you for your service, lol.

I can't keep track of all the various bamboozled folk on social media confused about size. It even seems like *most* of them are convinced the production truck will be significantly smaller than the concept. 1 inch less per side doesn't seem like a big deal to me, haha.