Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 S 85, 2018 3 Perf, CT AWD
Occupation
Retired Software Developer
Country flag
How hard would it be for one of the lucky early CT owners to buy a M3/Y homelink and try to install it in CT? If it works we know it works. Or at least can one look in the general area where the module would be installed and see if there is a connector of the correct size? I assume they have some 12V already running but maybe they just need to make a 48V homelink. If homelink is close to the price of the 10 year MyQ subscription ($300) I’d be 100% all in on buying the homelink. So basically as long as they don’t take a $350 accessory from M3/Y and make it $700 for CT I’ll be a buyer.
Don't have my truck yet, but thought about buying a 3/Y Homelink from the web site. It's currently out of stock. :(
Sponsored

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
Don't have my truck yet, but thought about buying a 3/Y Homelink from the web site. It's currently out of stock. :(
even if there WAS a place to attach it, and you knew where that was, how would you make the software interface with it?

FL370

First Name
Anders
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MS AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
No need to Panic over Homelink. The MyQ also has geo fencing that can be set up. Are we really paying an extra $20k for a car and complaining over HomeKit vs. MyQ. lol
This is not a money issue for me as much as a big FU from MyQ. I have several Chamberlain openers but will never buy one again after they locked out all third party (unpaid) integration.

Sure, I can use the silly app, or ugly clunky remote clicker, but why when there are way better options? Why should we pay for a subscription to hardware we already own?

Does anyone use RATGO or Tailwind IQ3? I'm fed up with manufacturers doing a bait-and-switch after the sale.

jaredhobbs

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD Foundation Series
Country flag
This is not a money issue for me as much as a big FU from MyQ. I have several Chamberlain openers but will never buy one again after they locked out all third party (unpaid) integration.

Sure, I can use the silly app, or ugly clunky remote clicker, but why when there are way better options? Why should we pay for a subscription to hardware we already own?

Does anyone use RATGO or Tailwind IQ3? I'm fed up with manufacturers doing a bait-and-switch after the sale.
I built this open source version of the ratgo with an esp32 and it works great! https://github.com/Kaldek/rat-ratgdo

I have it connected to Home Assistant via ESPHome. It would be awesome if we could run home assistant on the CT...

TickTock

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3; 2018 Model S; 2023 F-150 LIghtning
Country flag
So you blacked-out your MAC address, but you gave us all your fingerprint??
That's not blackout. It's dark highlighter. ;-) Can still easily read both the IMEI and the MAC address.

Carlos Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
My Cybertruck is able to "connect" to my MyQ account, however, I am unable to get it to control (open/close) my gate as I do with my other vehicles. It looks like you only can control certain devices like a garage door, but not a gate.

So my LiftMaster gate that has MyQ integration does not work with my Tesla CyberTruck as of March 18th. I am not sure if there is a solution for this.

FL370

First Name
Anders
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MS AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
My Cybertruck is able to "connect" to my MyQ account, however, I am unable to get it to control (open/close) my gate as I do with my other vehicles. It looks like you only can control certain devices like a garage door, but not a gate.

So my LiftMaster gate that has MyQ integration does not work with my Tesla CyberTruck as of March 18th. I am not sure if there is a solution for this.
I have the same issues. Gates (HOA owned) can't be programmed, but the garage door opener works with the paid MyQ subscription. Would love to find a solution for both (aka Homelink like.)

carsly

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LR Defender, Tesla Model S
Country flag
It's a ridiculous idea to pay for a subscription to open your own garage when it's been possible to do so via remotes and homelink for literally decades without recurring fees. Just not gonna do it.

It's a cybertruck, smash through anything that doesn't open without a subscription!

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
Hell yes I'm complaining. If it doesn't have homelink I don't want the cybertruck. Configured mine early January, but If I can't get homelink, then I will forfeit the $1250 deposit.
That makes for one expensive homelink you don't even have. Darn, I would take delivery for our second for ya, but you live in Michigan. Sales tax. Bummer.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
This is encouraging, unless they forgot to remove a field from Cybertruck software variants (keeping it real).

But I really do hope there is hardware and software compatibility for a Homelink module.

Maybe a good place to look is in manuals/parts catalog for a connector on the wiring harness, or if Sandy Munro could look for a module connector on the wiring harness during his tear down, that would be great.

For a Homelink module to work, there would have to be a connector and dedicated wiring for both module power and data path back to the Cybertruck computer/MCU or whatever, so that the software could access it.

I like my Homelink module because it works when a phone is not available, or when using a key fob/card.

Phones may have problems after a software update or may lose connectivity. I don't like depending on a third party connection to open my garage. I prefer the Homelink direct connection.

- ÆCIII

Last edited:

Ward L

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, FS CT AWD
Country flag
When I picked up my CT the Tesla rep said Homelink was not available, but it might come later with an OTA upgrade/install. I think that is an easy way to answer any issue like that. Anything is possible and almost everything will eventually happen in a Tesla. They prolly went with MyQ because of the 48v system. I’m not holding my breath for Homelink. Too bad.

Hims3lf

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I just use the garage opener clicker that came with my garage door opener.
Sponsored