HomeLink and the Cybertruck: "GARAGE DOOR OPENER: NOT INSTALLED" in settings

Darth abbott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I have been using myq. I have an opener that did not have it, bought a myq hub for it before my truck came to be ready.

I know it sucks to have to pay 50$ a year but the myq open is awesome if you have only one door you use.

Love that it opens and closes my door automatically!

Yes 50$ is a lot but the home link will cost at less 300$ that's 6 years of myq.

If you have just one door you need to open try it out.

I carry a standard open in my counsel to open my work garage if I need to and my cabin garage.
Sponsored

FL370

First Name
Anders
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MS AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I just use the garage opener clicker that came with my garage door opener.
Sure you can do that. Obviously a first world problem. But when someone like me have had my gates and garage doors open automatically for seven years (Homelink in a MS) it seems like a step backwards. Besides, the clicker works like crap when there are LED lights on in the garage. Most importantly though, how does your clicker automatically close the garage door when you leave? It doesn't .

DarickHemphill

First Name
Darick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
It seriously doesn’t have homelink? Tesla likes to take steps backwards for some reason.
My son wanted to install Steam on the truck. Apparently they used a computer with too little memory to be able to do so... I find that.... odd.

Darick

Cyber_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Cybertruck
Country flag
I built this open source version of the ratgo with an esp32 and it works great! https://github.com/Kaldek/rat-ratgdo

I have it connected to Home Assistant via ESPHome. It would be awesome if we could run home assistant on the CT...
Can't you do location trackingvia the Tesla API and then trigger it via HA?

Trying to do that tonight.

jaredhobbs

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD Foundation Series
Country flag
Can't you do location trackingvia the Tesla API and then trigger it via HA?

Trying to do that tonight.
Yes, I have it setup and it works great! I'm running TeslaMate and have that interfaced with HA via MQTT. Then I setup HA automations based on geolocation of the truck and other attributes (shifting from reverse to park, unplugging the charge cable, etc).

Cyber_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Cybertruck
Country flag
Yes, I have it setup and it works great! I'm running TeslaMate and have that interfaced with HA via MQTT. Then I setup HA automations based on geolocation of the truck and other attributes (shifting from reverse to park, unplugging the charge cable, etc).
Ok. Gonna figure out Teslamate now.

cyberHoward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD Foundation
Country flag
This is not a money issue for me as much as a big FU from MyQ. I have several Chamberlain openers but will never buy one again after they locked out all third party (unpaid) integration.

Sure, I can use the silly app, or ugly clunky remote clicker, but why when there are way better options? Why should we pay for a subscription to hardware we already own?

Does anyone use RATGO or Tailwind IQ3? I'm fed up with manufacturers doing a bait-and-switch after the sale.
I hacked all of my Chamberlain because of their stupid monthly charge for third-party integration. I also, bought another brand garage door opener just because they are charging the $1 or so a month. So, now they have lost $500 sale because they are charging a $1 instead of gaining brand loyalty.

FL370

First Name
Anders
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MS AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Good to hear. I installed Tailwind and have moderate success with it. Make sure to order the correct version based on your opener. Silly games Chamberlain plays.

L3it3R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Model 3 Performance FSD, '21 Model Y LR FSD&AB
Occupation
Cybersecurity/Software/Sales/etc.
Country flag
I have HomeLink in my M3P, and have been using MyQ ever since they released the update for it. Far superior. Will not be getting the homelink kit for my CT or any other Tesla in the future.

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, BMW, Ford
Country flag
I will use myQ but for kinda sucks that 1) had to remove garage door from alarm.com account to do it, and 2) can't control our community gate.

Boyne

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 MX, 2022 M3, 2024 CT
Occupation
Retired Naval Officer
Country flag
I have HomeLink in my M3P, and have been using MyQ ever since they released the update for it. Far superior. Will not be getting the homelink kit for my CT or any other Tesla in the future.
Great for you, I’m glad for you. However there is a whole host of people like me who own garage door equipment that is not MyQ capable. For those of us in this boat, it seems most ridiculous that Homelink is not available in the CT but is in “any” other car.

L3it3R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Model 3 Performance FSD, '21 Model Y LR FSD&AB
Occupation
Cybersecurity/Software/Sales/etc.
Country flag
For about $20 get the myq adapter - it’s better than homelink is my point 👍🏻

Boyne

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 MX, 2022 M3, 2024 CT
Occupation
Retired Naval Officer
Country flag
For about $20 get the myq adapter - it’s better than homelink is my point 👍🏻
I have a MyQ adapter installed and it only provides status of the garage doors, because like I said my garage door equipment is not supported by MyQ. like I said glad for you but our situation is different due to the brand of openers that work on home link and will never work with MyQ.
Sponsored