Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Chrysler Town & Country
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
I am disappointed about the lack of 6th seat. I will not be able to use it for family trips.
All hope is not lost. I think there’s still room for the middle seat. Based on these photos and the photos of the original prototype, the center seat in the front, like the c.enter seat in the rear are more narrow than the main seats. If I were a betting man, I think there’s a 99% chance that the front center seat will still exist for the production model.
I think they are just refining the center conscole/folding seat design, it still looks like a fold down design to me, even if the seat is missing on this particular truck.

See the attached photo. The green line shows what is roughly the center of the steering wheel, which is obviously not really that far off center from the center of the front Driver seat, but lenses can really exaggerate perspective. The purple lines connect the lower insidecorner of each headrest from rear to front. Look at how asymmetrical the relationship is between the two lines.
This is how much perspective can be distorted with a camera lens. This was as close to on center as I could capture a still shot from the video and you really don’t notice how badly everything lines up until you connect the lines, because at first glance, the rear center seat seem pretty well centered in the photo.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It’s unlikely Tesla would miss the truck basics of having the intra-wheel-well space large enough for a sheet of plywood.

What remains as remotely interesting (broken record) is the possibility that the majority of the bed is only 51” as opposed to the early prototypes without wheel wells suggesting a possibly enormous bed. That’s a transition from “far more bed width than an F150” to “materially less bed width than an F150”

But, they get 4-wheel steering out of the deal, and can probably still say ‘the bed is longer than an F150’ and/or ‘has the ~same bed floor area as an F150.’ Not a ridiculous outcome - if the four wheel steering accomplishes a materially better turning radius than competitors. Jury out on that.
I suspect vault is similar size to launch.

All of this hand-wringing about size changes is largely overblown. In spite of the fact that they’ve clearly come very close to the final design they are still listing “100 cubic feet of external secure storage space” as one of the features.

Tesla revamped that page a year ago and pulled quite a bit of information off that page, but left that figure on there. Not a guarantee, but I suspect if there were a big change they’d have yanked it when they yanked details on the 3 different configs and pricing.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I’m 5’11” and long torso and I think it’s fine. Don’t think it was close enough where someone a couple inches taller would bump, but never paid too close attention.

Raebrek

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Highlander, 2016 Subaru Outback
Country flag
Front middle seat is still there, the console doesn't extend to the floor. The seat always had a console on the back, this one's a little more detailed. That's one feature that's safe, Elon has a lot of kids.
I hate to say it because I might affect the purists. The front bench seat is what keeps from going to Model Y.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
I run two ad blockers, one on the devices and one on the network. I havent seen an ad in years. It also removes the bullshit add ons like social sharing buttons and big banners. I recently set up a new computer and used it without a blocker. Gaaaaaahhhhh!! The internet is unusable with all that trash.
Well thanks for the reminder. I always forget there are such things as network ad blockers.

Got home and set one up on my network in 5 min and solved half my stress on the Internet at home!

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Well thanks for the reminder. I always forget there are such things as network ad blockers.

Got home and set one up on my network in 5 min and solved half my stress on the Internet at home!
Now you won’t need to throw your computer.

the43k

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Model S, CyberTruck
Occupation
Career Fire Fighter / Owner NJ Renewable Energy LLC
Country flag
Ok, round two. Not sure I've comprehended everything you said, but I think this is a better evaluation, plus I have the exact light tube size.

Bluechip506

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Mazda CX9, Mazda Miata
Country flag
If your info on the lights is correct I still think you are off a bit in your estimation of the area outside of the ridges. There is not a 4 inch gap between the ridges as you used in your estimation. There would be four inches from left edge to left edge of the next ridge. Just eyeballing it, I would say the ridge is 1.5 inches and the gaps are 2.5 inches. If that is correct the exact measurement from the outside ridges is 48". The space beyond the ridges looks to be the same as the gap between the ridges so 2.5" on either side of the ridges. 48+5 = 53". I would also bet that the length of the ridges is 8' from back of the bed to the edge of the tailgate where it angles down. Total bed length with tailgate down would be just over 8' by an couple of inches.
So in conclusion I think the bed ridges (with the tailgate down) cover exactly 8'x4'. The bed width between the wheel wells is 53" and the length of the bed is 8'- 22" (tailgate length est). So the bed would be 53" by 76" give or take a bit.

Last edited:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
The sign at the end there says:

Tesla Cybertruck INVESTOR DAY CYBERTRUCK BETA PRESENT! [w/ Walkaround Videos] 1678073108511

Seems like if the utility of a full-size truck is specifically names as a feature, the bed would have to be the size of a full-size truck bed.

Maybe that's just me though.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The sign at the end there says:

1678073108511.png

Seems like if the utility of a full-size truck is specifically names as a feature, the bed would have to be the size of a full-size truck bed.

Maybe that's just me though.
Not just you.

People letting their fears get ahead of them (Or in some cases, their desires). It’s not significantly different from launch.